talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Sign Kelechi Iheanacho

• Administrator

£25m reported fee.

Will be delighted with this business if it goes through. On top of signing a young CB and decent midfield option this would bolster attacking options too.

West Ham were in the running as well but now they're not it's left us in the race.

Reported buy-back clause too but not sure if it's confirmed. There were European clubs interested too, apparently Dortmund. 

Also hope it means Ulloa and/or Musa go. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I always hear the guy is class, and he's what 20? Is 25 mil a good fee for him though? Seems high?

Yeah 20. It's a fair bit of money but consider we are likely to get some for Mahrez, and there are still rumours that Musa, Mendy and Slimani are off.

We're in a lot better financial position this summer than people realise. Won the league with a bottom half budget, did spend a bit (and largely on crap, admittedly) but generated a lot from being in the Champions League last season and getting as far as we did.

Add that on top of the silly money you get just for being in this league and I think we can afford to spend a bit. Don't expect us to stop here. The Ben Gibson interest is very real too.

He's a funny one, he's got a better goals per minute ratio than Aguero but he's not played anything like the time. It could be a flop, but he's potentially a star too. I'm cautious about spending big but I've no issue with this one personally.

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah 20. It's a fair bit of money but consider we are likely to get some for Mahrez, and there are still rumours that Musa, Mendy and Slimani are off.

We're in a lot better financial position this summer than people realise. Won the league with a bottom half budget, did spend a bit (and largely on crap, admittedly) but generated a lot from being in the Champions League last season and getting as far as we did.

Add that on top of the silly money you get just for being in this league and I think we can afford to spend a bit. Don't expect us to stop here. The Ben Gibson interest is very real too.

He's a funny one, he's got a better goals per minute ratio than Aguero but he's not played anything like the time. It could be a flop, but he's potentially a star too. I'm cautious about spending big but I've no issue with this one personally.

I'm not questioning if you have the money, I know you do (although I don't know if Mahrez is going anywhere with the amount Leicester are asking), the guy just reminds me of Guidetti.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I'm not questioning if you have the money, I know you do (although I don't know if Mahrez is going anywhere with the amount Leicester are asking), the guy just reminds me of Guidetti.

Guidetti never kicked a ball for Man City according to Wikipedia.

Iheanacho aged 20, has 21 goals in 64 games for Man City, the majority of those were from the bench.

I'm looking for a catch but I think we could be making a brilliant signing here. He'll get a lot more game time here.

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

Guidetti never kicked a ball for Man City according to Wikipedia.

Iheanacho aged 20, has 21 goals in 64 games for Man City, the majority of those were from the bench.

I'm looking for a catch but I think we could be making a brilliant signing here. He'll get a lot more game time here.

I think he'll get along with Vardy pretty well, I heard it was around 60k?

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I'd imagine we're paying him a fair bit mind you. Bet he ends up on at least £70k.

No doubt, and he's worth every penny  ..we will only sell him with a buy back clause, how do you feel about that?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I think he'll get along with Vardy pretty well, I heard it was around 60k?

Could be. Not heard any figures, was just my own guess.

He gets a few assists too. Strikes me as being quite an unselfish player looking at the highlights.

I'm getting excited for this coming season.

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

No doubt, and he's worth every penny  ..we will only sell him with a buy back clause, how do you feel about that?

Obviously I'd rather it wasn't there but I'd rather that than not have him at all.

Don't really agree with them in principle, but can see why Man City would do it.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Could be. Not heard any figures, was just my own guess.

He gets a few assists too. Strikes me as being quite an unselfish player looking at the highlights.

I'm getting excited for this coming season.

Pundits were just throwing around numbers when talking about the transfer so I don't now how solid it is, the funny thing they brought up was the fact that just a few years ago this is how much United payed for RVP.

1 minute ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Pundits were just throwing around numbers when talking about the transfer so I don't now how solid it is, the funny thing they brought up was the fact that just a few years ago this is how much United payed for RVP.

Times have changed, Rooney on 300k

• Subscriber
Just now, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

The market has gone mental to be fair. It's skyrocketed in a short space of time. We've got a decent slice of it so I don't mind us spending a bit.

We paid more for Slimani. More fool us.

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Times have changed, Rooney on 300k

For the next few days at least xD

On the subject of the money, I do wonder what will happen in two years time when this TV deal is up. Sky's viewing figures dropped last season. Something tells me it may not go up next time.

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Happy Blue calling fake news xD "hello pot, my old friend, how black did you call the kettle?"

Have you finally gone crazy? ..the fluoride toothpaste melted your brain? :coffee:  ..not a clue what you are talking about

31 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

It's worth remembering that van Persie had some serious fitness issues and was pushing 30 at the time, and he only had a year left on his contract.

39 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's worth remembering that van Persie had some serious fitness issues and was pushing 30 at the time, and he only had a year left on his contract.

But you knew he'd bag you a solid 17 goals a season, he was coming off of a solid 3-4 years of being unquestionably a top 3 striker in the league if not number one.

• The title was changed to Leicester Sign Kelechi Iheanacho

Archived