talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Sign Kelechi Iheanacho

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

But you knew he'd bag you a solid 17 goals a season.

Only if he could stay fit, and for how many seasons? Injury prone players almost never age well.

I'm not trying to say he wasn't a good buy (of course he was; he won them a league title and those are priceless), but he wasn't that cheap by today's standards.

15 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Because the kid has talent, City or not he's going to be a superstar

I doubt that though, he's a Chicharito kind of player and not a hard working striker. He had goals at City cause City usually dominate teams so he had the opportunity to not run into space, create chances for team mates, help build up play etc... he's going to a team where he has help build up play, where he has to work cause they usually have less possession and that will be a true test. Nigerian strikers don't improve, Anichebe, Utaka, Ideye, Odion etc so yeah, doubt he's gonna be a superstar :coffee:

1 minute ago, robosys said:

I doubt that though, he's a Chicarito kind of player and not a hard working striker. He had goals at City cause City usually dominate teams so he had the opportunity to not run into space, create chances for team mates, help build up play etc... he's going to a team where he has help build up play, where he has to work cause they usually have less possession and that will be a true test. Nigerian strikers don't improve, Anichebe, Utaka, Ideye, Odion etc so yeah, doubt he's gonna be a superstar :coffee:

He's already better than Lukaku xD

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

He's already better than Lukaku xD

lol, don't fap over Ileanacho though P.S. I am a Nigerian and I don't rate him, he can become really good only if he impoves though.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, robosys said:

lol, don't fap over Ileanacho though P.S. I am a Nigerian and I don't rate him, he can become really good only if he impoves though.

Just for some comparison, how highly do you rate Ndidi and Musa?

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Just for some comparison, how highly do you rate Ndidi and Musa?

Musa is just Walcott in disguise, zero technique and all pace, yes he had a moment of magic against Argentina and did some stuffs in Russian League which I don't rate at all but we all saw him at Leicester.

Ndidi, haven't seen much of him other than some highlights at Leicester, I feel he's got the potential but then again Onazi at Lazio had the potential and eventually didn't work hard, Nigerian players don't work hard or try to improve, they are mostly comfortable with their pay check and that is that, Mikel didn't care after he got signed by Chelsea even after he was the 2nd best player of the tournament to Messi in the u20 world cup in 2005, just my take though.

Good signing for Leicester if true, 14 goals in his first season was an excellent start for him. If they can build their attack around him then I reckon he'll score plenty this season.

• Administrator

I think it's also a long-term replacement for Vardy. He'll become our youngest striker by a long way. Vardy turns 31 this season; Okazaki turns 32. Ulloa turns 3 later this month. Musa will most likely be sold (hopefully). Still think Vardy has a couple of seasons left in him but if Iheanacho can hit the ground running with us it'll be great. 

• Administrator
Just now, Pep Talk said:

My guess is there will be a buyback option. It's why he hasn't been sold yet I understand it.

the buyback has been agreed (I've heard £42m). Apparently we're the only ones in the running to sign him but there has been interest from European clubs (Milan clubs, Dortmund) but they haven't put bids in. In addition, he wants to stay in UK to get British citizenship. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, robosys said:

Musa is just Walcott in disguise, zero technique and all pace, yes he had a moment of magic against Argentina and did some stuffs in Russian League which I don't rate at all but we all saw him at Leicester.

Ndidi, haven't seen much of him other than some highlights at Leicester, I feel he's got the potential but then again Onazi at Lazio had the potential and eventually didn't work hard, Nigerian players don't work hard or try to improve, they are mostly comfortable with their pay check and that is that, Mikel didn't care after he got signed by Chelsea even after he was the 2nd best player of the tournament to Messi in the u20 world cup in 2005, just my take though.

Interesting, I agree fully on Musa and if it's true that Fenerbahce are going to give us what we paid for him I'd drive him there. He actually hasn't got that bad a goals per minute ratio for us but his all-round play is horrendous. No skill, no technique, physique of a 16 year old and sadly, no confidence.

Personally think Ndidi is very good though. He tailed off a bit towards the end of last season but he'd played something daft like 60 games last year, aged just 20. Ndidi was the one gem we found last season in a year of scattergun spending. He strikes me as a very decent character as well and someone popular with his team-mates. Had those reports at both Genk and Leicester. He's one to watch for Nigerian fans I think.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Interesting, I agree fully on Musa and if it's true that Fenerbahce are going to give us what we paid for him I'd drive him there. He actually hasn't got that bad a goals per minute ratio for us but his all-round play is horrendous. No skill, no technique, physique of a 16 year old and sadly, no confidence.

Personally think Ndidi is very good though. He tailed off a bit towards the end of last season but he'd played something daft like 60 games last year, aged just 20. Ndidi was the one gem we found last season in a year of scattergun spending. He strikes me as a very decent character as well and someone popular with his team-mates. Had those reports at both Genk and Leicester. He's one to watch for Nigerian fans I think.

Hopefully, Ndidi will wow Leicester fans next season

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, robosys said:

Hopefully, Ndidi will wow Leicester fans next season

Got high hopes for him I have. The likes of Dortmund were supposedly interested in him as well which is never a bad sign.

• 4 weeks later...

Kelechi Iheanacho could be jailed for two years in the United States if he is found guilty of misleading a court in Pennsylvania. 

According to The Sun , the Manchester City striker filed pleadings that denied he knew or spent time with Henry Galeano, his former agent before he signed with Stellar Group.

Iheanacho claimed Galeano was an alias used by First Eleven Management co-owner Robert Zanicky.

The British daily has published photographs of the Nigeria international together with Galeano and Zanicky, which destroyed his arguments that Galeano and Zanicky are the same person.

Under Pennsylvania Law, if it is found Iheanacho knowingly tried to mislead the court, he could be charged with unsworn falsification — which, if found guilty, carries a penalty of up to two years in prison.

Henry Galeano claims he became Iheanacho's agent in July 2013, four months before he picked up the best player award of the Fifa U17 World Cup.

The 20-year-old's transfer to Leicester City is being delayed because of the legal issues.

https://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24018

• The title was changed to Leicester Sign Kelechi Iheanacho

Archived