• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Sign Kelechi Iheanacho

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Nope. That would be winning the league and then sacking your manager less than a year later.

Winning the league and going down would've been an even bigger one.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Toony said:

Excellent signing, does Shakespeare play two up top then?

We play 4-4-O-1. The O for Okazaki as no-one has a clue what you class him as. He's almost like a defensive number ten. The attacking midfield spoiler.

I assume Iheanacho takes his place but the role changes somewhat. Okazaki has been pure work rate in that area, Iheanacho isn't going to have anything like his energy but he'll have more quality, of that I'm sure.

• The title was changed to Leicester Sign Kelechi Iheanacho
  • Administrator
14 hours ago, Dan said:
He's ours!

I'm well chuffed with this one. Well done all.

deal was actually done a while back in terms of personal terms and finances. Just glad it's finally complete.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Iheanacho probably lied to them about how good he was :ph34r:

or, being Nigerian, lied about his age and he's actually 35 :ph34r: 

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Still a bit of an unknown quantity for me but could be a great bit of business.

What's the difference between this deal and what you said about Gray at £20 million? Both played around the same amount of games. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, HK85 said:

What's the difference between this deal and what you said about Gray at £20 million? Both played around the same amount of games. 

Kelechi has proved himself much more than Gray has in this league.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Iheanacho has actually done something in City's first team while Gray can't even nail down a place in the Leicester side and thinks he deserves another move. 

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Iheanacho has actually done something in City's first team while Gray can't even nail down a place in the Leicester side and thinks he deserves another move. 

But neither can Iheanacho. What makes him a £25 million player having played the equivalent of about 5 games of minutes last season yet Gray who's played nearly double that last season not one? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, HK85 said:

But neither can Iheanacho. What makes him a £25 million player having played the equivalent of about 5 games of minutes last season yet Gray who's played nearly double that last season not one? 

Iheanacho has scored 21 goals in 64 appearances for City, most of those appearances coming off the bench. Very good minutes per goals record over a reasonable period of time, enough to believe that in a Leicester side where he'll play more often that he'll score goals regularly.

If Gray has played all this extra time and still not done anything besides the occasional moments of quality then that reflects even less that he is worth a similar fee or that he should be sitting down with Leicester saying he wants to move to a bigger club.

34 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Iheanacho has scored 21 goals in 64 appearances for City, most of those appearances coming off the bench. Very good minutes per goals record over a reasonable period of time, enough to believe that in a Leicester side where he'll play more often that he'll score goals regularly.

If Gray has played all this extra time and still not done anything besides the occasional moments of quality then that reflects even less that he is worth a similar fee or that he should be sitting down with Leicester saying he wants to move to a bigger club.

Has Gray supposedly said he wants a move to a bigger club or just to one, like Iheanacho, that will play him, regardless of stature? 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Has Gray supposedly said he wants a move to a bigger club or just to one, like Iheanacho, that will play him, regardless of stature? 

I interpreted it as him wanting to move to a bigger club as Everton and Spurs were the ones linked but I might be wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I think you'll resign him, £50,000,000 won't be much to pay in a few years.

I agree.

It does put a downer on the deal for Leicester knowing that if he really hits it off he'll be back to Man City in a heartbeat.

• Subscriber

£50mil will never be insignificant with a proper scouting system. It's only really England and the elite of other leagues where the money has gotten truly obscene.

Anyhow, he came on tonight, set a goal up and then got injured, in 12 minutes, standard.

Thought he did well for the assist though, good movement and given the adulation he was getting from our fans he could've very easily shot from the position he was in, but passed for Vardy to tap in. Good head on his shoulders.

Archived