• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 6-2 Leicester - Saturday 17th September, 2022

football forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Leicester probably aren't serious relegation candidates. A new manager bounce along with the quality they've got in Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi, will get them out of the bottom three and then clear of it. Not convinced their goalkeeper, defence or strikers would look that out of place at Watford or Norwich though at this point.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Ozzy0zz said:

Middlesbrough, Bolton, Sunderland...once these people go, they go.

How long did it take Forest to get back into the league? 25 years? 

They won't bounce back if they go down

And the others that have come up. Can't just ignore teams to suit your own agenda xD 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Bit of a meltdown at the end there. Would be a good time to make a change. 2 weeks until their next game which is at home against Forest. Ideal for a new manager.

Exactly. We're in a massive lull right now.

Need the place to be rocking in that home game. Rodgers is just stinking the place out right now.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 6-2 Leicester - Saturday 17th September, 2022
  • Administrator
On 16/09/2022 at 16:24, Dan said:

Very comfortable loss. This isn't even me overestimating Spurs but we're as bad as we've looked in a decade.

On 16/09/2022 at 16:55, Stan said:

Yep, comfortable, convincing and easy 4-0 or 5-0 win, minimum for Spurs. 

And in front of everyone on Sky xD

Gonna be absolutely draining and devastating. We'll be a laughing stock, if not already. 

1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Stan? Dan? What did she say?

It'd be a devastating loss, comfortable for Spurs.

Were we right :ph34r:?

the players have thrown Rogers under the bus, they knew there was no money and everyone had to dig in deep for each other.   Tielemans and Maddison know they are gone in Jan but the others need to get behind each other and pull through.

I'm not sure who Leicester get to replace Rogers? Dyche? Ranieri?

• Administrator
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

the players have thrown Rogers under the bus

Eh xD xD

Rodgers does this shit to himself. 

He doesn't rectify clear issues in the set up. Look at how many goals we've conceded from corners and set pieces. 

Look at how he's thrown his own players under the bus. 

Maddison is the only good thing about the club right now. 

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

we can probably beat Leicester just not their post and ward will probably be buffon reborn such is the luck right now.

Ward is the worst keeper in the league. You'll have no issues. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ward is the worst keeper in the league. You'll have no issues. 

I didn't expect him to be as good as Kasper but Ward has genuinely been much worse than expected. Terrible every game this season. Kasper maybe was on the way down but they should've brought someone in if they were gonna sell him.

Teams will figure out that they need to stop buying Liverpool's fringe players for so much money. £12.5m for their 3rd choice (?) keeper in 2018.

• Subscriber

Increasingly concerned we're going. I've said my piece many a time on Rodgers, I don't really have a load more to add, if people can't see him for the fraud he is at this point they're being deliberately ignorant.

I'm just worried at the level of mental damage done to this squad. That game today, again, was a demonstration not of a team with zero talent totally out of its depth, but one with probably the worst mentality you'll ever see at any level of sport. It's unfathomable that you're seeing something like this in the supposed top tier of English football. It's just unprofessional. Nobody should be getting paid for this. They're making us a complete laughing stock in a league the worlds eyes are watching.

I've never seen a side that we know is capable of so much better be this bad. Has a squad ever played so far below its potential as this?

We've completely embarrassed ourselves in nearly every game this season. Certainly the most embarrassing LCFC side I can remember. I'm no johnny come lately. I've seen us with genuinely shit squads that you couldn't possibly place an expectation on. But I've never seen a side playing so below its capabilities as this. We have a Villa 7-2 Liverpool level freak in what feels like more of our games than not.

The new man has got a big job on. Luckily the fixtures are kind and hopefully some confidence can be built up, but it's going to take a while to shift this mental block they've got.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived