talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 6-2 Leicester - Saturday 17th September, 2022

football forum

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Increasingly concerned we're going. I've said my piece many a time on Rodgers, I don't really have a load more to add, if people can't see him for the fraud he is at this point they're being deliberately ignorant.

I'm just worried at the level of mental damage done to this squad. That game today, again, was a demonstration not of a team with zero talent totally out of its depth, but one with probably the worst mentality you'll ever see at any level of sport. It's unfathomable that you're seeing something like this in the supposed top tier of English football. It's just unprofessional. Nobody should be getting paid for this. They're making us a complete laughing stock in a league the worlds eyes are watching.

I've never seen a side that we know is capable of so much better be this bad. Has a squad ever played so far below its potential as this?

We've completely embarrassed ourselves in nearly every game this season. Certainly the most embarrassing LCFC side I can remember. I'm no johnny come lately. I've seen us with genuinely shit squads that you couldn't possibly place an expectation on. But I've never seen a side playing so below its capabilities as this. We have a Villa 7-2 Liverpool level freak in what feels like more of our games than not.

The new man has got a big job on. Luckily the fixtures are kind and hopefully some confidence can be built up, but it's going to take a while to shift this mental block they've got.

It's like they've lost all passion, hunger, desire. 

Mentality is the biggest thing here. The amount of times taking a lead and losing it in exactly the same pattern is very embarrassing, and amateurish. Today's game followed the exact same pattern as Brighton. Once again Rodgers was out-thought and too slow to react. 

We're in a sickening rut. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's like they've lost all passion, hunger, desire. 

Mentality is the biggest thing here. The amount of times taking a lead and losing it in exactly the same pattern is very embarrassing, and amateurish. Today's game followed the exact same pattern as Brighton. Once again Rodgers was out-thought and too slow to react. 

We're in a sickening rut. 

It's the manner of it, time and time again. Just think about the individual games for a minute here.

Brentford at home - 2-0 up and threw it away. Spineless.

Arsenal away - largely abject for 90 minutes, still got two goals after it, but conceded within two minutes of both of them to destore two goal deficits. Spineless.

Southampton at home - 1-0 up against the youngest XI named in the PL for 5 years yet it's us who collapse and lose the game. Spineless.

Stockport away - Couldn't score in 90 minutes against an abject League Two side. Spineless.

Chelsea away - Reasonable up until Chelsea going down to 10 men, cave in and lose to them anyway, they have since lost at Leeds, Southampton, Dinamo Zagreb and sacked their manager. Spineless.

Man Utd home - Weirdly the only one that wasn't humiliating, but ultimately another flat display.

Brighton away - Took the lead, collapsed to Brighton's only ever time of hitting 5 in a PL game.

Spurs away - Took the lead, collapsed to a Spurs side who weren't even playing particularly well, shipping another 6 in the process.

Forget this being abject by Leicester's standards. Exeter City would be embarrassed to start a top flight campaign like this. It's a contender for the worst start a team has ever made in this league. It's De Boer level stuff.

To not sack after this would be barely believable. Pay literally whatever it takes.

• Subscriber

What's also worrying for me is I don't see the obvious sides that are dropping this year. Everyone just says Bournemouth but I think it's really unfair to write them off. Norwich and Watford got 22 and 23 points last season respectively. Bournemouth already have 8, and have only lost to Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal. They really haven't started all that badly. Certainly not badly enough to be deemed already relegated.

If Bournemouth had started how we had done they would be about 1/33 to go down.

Given they'll have a new manager bounce and the quality they have in midfield I can't see Leicester going down. Even if its just Maddison and Ndidi, or Maddison and Tielemans performing to a high standard as opposed to all five of them it should be enough.

I'd be worried for next season though, the new person in charge of recruitment has a huge task on his hand. Next summer has the potential to be there most important ever. They'll likely lose Tielemans, Vardy's contract is up, Maddison could seek a new challenge and there is so many under performing on big wages that need moving on. The Goalkeeper and central defence wouldn't look out of place in The Championship.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sure, so they came back after 5 years. Great. 

dEcADeS!!! 

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given they'll have a new manager bounce and the quality they have in midfield I can't see Leicester going down. Even if its just Maddison and Ndidi, or Maddison and Tielemans performing to a high standard as opposed to all five of them it should be enough.

I'd be worried for next season though, the new person in charge of recruitment has a huge task on his hand. Next summer has the potential to be there most important ever. They'll likely lose Tielemans, Vardy's contract is up, Maddison could seek a new challenge and there is so many under performing on big wages that need moving on. The Goalkeeper and central defence wouldn't look out of place in The Championship.

Maddison and Tielemans will go. Totally resigned to that. And almost accept it now to be honest. Maddison is too good for us. 

Vardy renewed his contract but to be honest he'll play less. 

Ward can do one. Nowhere near good enough. The central defence will come good under a different manager. In fact I think you'll see a lot of players almost re-energised when someone new comes in - that's not to say they've downed tools or anything like that, purely it's because they've been mis-managed and had the life sucked out of them. 

I do actually agree with you generally about recruitment - ageing squad which does have experience, but we just must do better in backing that up with decent players. Faes seems to be a club signing, as opposed to Rodgers. Which gives me hope... 

• Subscriber

Fwiw with Leicester this is so obviously a team that is desperate need of fresh ideas and impetus. The players are not bad players. They’re a lot better than some of the teams around them, but for whatever reason they’re so low on confidence and belief that heads drop so quickly and individual mistakes are heightened because of the pressures of this run of form. Getting rid of Rodgers isn’t necessarily a medium term fix cause that depends on the appointment but in the short term I see no way how it can’t be of benefit to freshen things up. 

However they’re going to struggle until January unless they try someone different in goal. Lloris was excellent yesterday, Ward is possibly the worst keeper I’ve ever seen in the prem play consistently. You cannot win games with him throwing in two or three a game 

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Storts said:

Fwiw with Leicester this is so obviously a team that is desperate need of fresh ideas and impetus. The players are not bad players. They’re a lot better than some of the teams around them, but for whatever reason they’re so low on confidence and belief that heads drop so quickly and individual mistakes are heightened because of the pressures of this run of form. Getting rid of Rodgers isn’t necessarily a medium term fix cause that depends on the appointment but in the short term I see no way how it can’t be of benefit to freshen things up. 

However they’re going to struggle until January unless they try someone different in goal. Lloris was excellent yesterday, Ward is possibly the worst keeper I’ve ever seen in the prem play consistently. You cannot win games with him throwing in two or three a game 

True, true. 

No possibly about it, with Ward. I'd genuinely take some of the keepers we had in League One ahead of him right now. No doubt he's suffering from confidence being shot but even so, that doesn't shake off the fact some of the basics he doesn't do is shocking. 

Iversen needs to be given a go. 

It's quite clear to see we're fine going forward. Some of our play in the first half was really good. But when the defensive mistakes keep happening through lack of shape, vulnerable tactics, highly exposed style, you have to look at why the manager hasn't just tried to shut up shop and stop the rot. 

Fresh impetus is exactly what we need. 

Leicester have a vital run of matches now, Forest (h) Bournemouth (a) Palace (h) Leeds (h) Wolves (a) before Man City.

A new manager bounce could push them back up to somewhere more mid table.

But the keeper & defence look poor. And many sides outside the European spots have decent looking midfielders & attackers. Vardy often seemed a level above everyone around him. And Kasper was massive for them.

Things could go either way, but this is what can happen when investment stops. And the sides best players all seem to be off or having a think about leaving. Happened excruciatingly slowly for Villa..

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Storts said:

Before and during actually, I sit above the away fans 

Was gonna say I'll look out next year. Depends if cup draws are kind xD 

4 hours ago, Storts said:

You know the weird thing about yesterday, in isolation is I feel we actually had some quite good periods in the game. It wasn't all that dissimilar to another game away at Spurs, Puel's last away game as it happens, where we played pretty well but ended up punished by stupid errors. Though I do remember us being more dominant that day.

We had an already flaky defence and have added a keeper that nobody has any confidence in. I did think we made an error going with Ward but I didn't think it would be this bad. He saves virtually nothing. We have another goalkeeper at the club who I just can't see how he can be worse. Was on loan at Preston last season and their fans raved about him.

The warning signs were there with Ward. Won a couple of shootouts in the league cup so people thought he was decent. He should be playing for somebody like Cambridge.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Leicester have a vital run of matches now, Forest (h) Bournemouth (a) Palace (h) Leeds (h) Wolves (a) before Man City.

A new manager bounce could push them back up to somewhere more mid table.

But the keeper & defence look poor. And many sides outside the European spots have decent looking midfielders & attackers. Vardy often seemed a level above everyone around him. And Kasper was massive for them.

Things could go either way, but this is what can happen when investment stops. And the sides best players all seem to be off or having a think about leaving. Happened excruciatingly slowly for Villa..

Honestly, if Rodgers goes (and it sounds like this time he's going to) I'm weirdly confident we'll beat Forest, and I'm hardly ever confident we'll beat them.

I feel some common sense in our lineups again and we'll pick up. It was such a weird performance yesterday, we let in 6 goals and our new centre half was getting praised for his performance xD our defensive shape is as bad as anything you'll see at this level. I feel a bit sorry for Villa being robbed of playing us last weekend because you'd never have a better chance of winning that fixture.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oi, don't forget there's a part time Cambridge fan in these parts.

Peterborough then! In-fact I've just thought back to the Newcastle Cambridge game, Ward isn't getting near Cambridge's side xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived