talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-1 Bournemouth - Saturday 17th September, 2022

football forum

• The title was changed to Newcastle vs Bournemouth - Saturday 17th September, 2022
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Hopefully Bruno is back or it could be another struggle

I think Longstaff has been playing well,  that through ball against Palace,  if it were Eriksen everyone would have waxed lyrical.   Bruno will help for certain but I feel ASM is the main absentee right now,  he gives us a left side outlet.

1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Bruno’s back apparently.

We really do need to win this. No excuses for not really, even without Maximin and Wilson.

xG suggests we are the victims of bad luck,  ie: keepers are making insane saves.   We are around 2.3 for the season which means we have underscored to the extreme. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-0 Bournemouth - Saturday 17th September, 2022
  • The title was changed to Newcastle 1-1 Bournemouth - Saturday 17th September, 2022
2 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Frustrating game. Same old problem but intensified, not good enough in the final 3rd.

43 shots in our last 2 home games, 1 goal, a penalty. 4 points dropped.

Reminds me of the 03/04 season.

It is frustrating,  we have done everything but score.   We can't seem to beat the keeper or the post

2 hours ago, N U F C said:

That was a terrible result. St. Maximin is a massive miss against sides that sit back, he’s the only player we’ve got who can run through players.

Too many draws.

I actually think St Maximin is less effective when a team essentially has 4 CB and 2 Fullbacks with one midfielder sitting in.   St Maximin is effecteve when he can isolate a full back and has space to run behind.   What we don't have is a Shearer type  that we could pump them in and see if he can get on to the end of one.    The other problem is neither Fraser nor Almiron are suitable for inverted wingers roles,  they are both one footed players and they compressed the playing area that was already congested,  if they switched sides we may have been able to get crosses in,  quick balls  but ultimately we ended up playing straight into Bournemouths plans.    

We may do better against a team like fulham that will commit bodies forward leaving holes behind,  we are just not suited to playing teams that sit in the low block and leave nothing behind. 

All that said Neto had to make 2 great saves and he was beaten twice but not the post,  sometimes you just need some luck

My only concern with pinning our hopes on Maxi is we had the same problem against Wolves, Forest and for some of the game at Brighton even when he played. 

This problem is common now. Against all 5 of the non top teams we've played. If we are to rely on being bailed out by a piece of Maxi magic we aren't going to challenge top 8. 

15 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm really quite concerned by the fact Bournemouth are nowhere near as shit as made out.

they had a plan and executed it, they didn't do much on attack but in defence thry were solid.   since Parker left they are not as adventurous but it has come with a fantastic win st forest and a draw.   

there are no real bad teams

4 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Warning signs still there. That was our 2nd highest ever possession in a game since records began 18 years ago.

that passage of play with joelinton hitting the upright, then saved and Fraser saved was really summing up the luck, Isaks dink cross and joes hit it clean as a whistle.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived