talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Colton Herta

football forum

Are you disappointed that his move to F1 fell through? Would you like to see him in F1? Do you think there will be another opportunity in the future? Should IndyCar be rated higher by the FIA? 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Are you disappointed that his move to F1 fell through?

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed per se, but I would have really liked to see how he does in F1.

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Would you like to see him in F1?

Yes. He's only 22, a big big talent with proven set of skills in several race series. I am always keen to see new faces in F1 instead of recycling the same ones again and again, so I'd like to see him in F1 for sure.

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Do you think there will be another opportunity in the future?

If he has a good season in IndyCar in 2023, then he should have enough SL points. Whether or not there will be a seat for him in F1in the future is a completely different question altogether. 

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Should IndyCar be rated higher by the FIA? 

Yes, definitely. Same with Super Formula and also top sportscar series. I think the whole superlicense system needs serious revamping; it is ok to have it in order to flush out those coming up through the youth ladders who are too inexperienced, too slow, or a potential danger to others. It is ridiculous to suggest that professional racing drivers with proven records in other high profile racing series somehow are unfit to race in F1 because they don't have a specific amount of made up points though. In case of IndyCar, it's even more ridiculous that the current SL system awards less points for them compared to F2. 

Archived