talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bradley Lowery

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for his loved ones and they're grief over a tragic loss of life at no age at all. Dislike the public outcry and over the top display on social media though, there's a blue hearted BL Facebook frame already. Something just never sits right with all this with me, it feels to fake 

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I feel for his loved ones and they're grief over a tragic loss of life at no age at all. Dislike the public outcry and over the top display on social media though, there's a blue hearted BL Facebook frame already. Something just never sits right with all this with me, it feels to fake 

I agree with this. It's great to give the lad the publicity but it has to be channeled into making a difference for him and his family (which it initially was to be fair) and after that, others that are suffering in similar circumstances. None of this I'm changing my profile picture or posting a status to show support for Bradley and his family which is well meaning in most cases but when you strip it back, nothing more than another attempt at picking up likes and shares even if many don't realise they're doing it. 

That said, I'm still proud of Everton for how much support they put in throughout his struggle. 

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I hate that with every tragedy.

Having said that, it's still shite that a kid like him had a terminal illness and very sad for his family now that he's passed.

• 2 weeks later...

Everton will host a charity football match in celebration of Bradley Lowery, the club has announced.

Although a Sunderland fan, six-year-old Bradley made a real impact on Everton when he was a mascot first against them, then for them.

Bradley died on 7 July having been diagnosed with neuroblastoma when he was 18 months old.

Everton, which previously donated £200,000 to his appeal, will host a celebrity match on 3 September.

'Imp with biggest heart'

Bradley's mother Gemma said the support the family had received was "fantastic".

Evertonians formed a special bond with the youngster, initially during Everton's match at Sunderland in September 2016 and then when he was a guest at Goodison Park for two matches in January and February this year.

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright said: "I didn't know him for long but from the second he walked out onto the pitch with his beloved Sunderland against us, I felt an overwhelming need to support him.

"He was the loveliest lad - still an imp, but with the biggest heart."

Funds are being raised for the Bradley Lowery Foundation, a charity set up by his family which aims to help other families with children with cancer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-40708268

• 1 year later...

Archived