talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League A - Group 1-4 Fixtures - 25-27th September, 2022

football forum

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Good job from Hansi Flick. Germany almost as shit as under Löw again. 

I think we can put a good team out in the WC, baring that I have no idea where the goals come from. Havertz isn't a striker, nor is Muller, nor is Werner.

Last world cup I was asking why Nils Petersen, the form German striker at the time was left at home when we were playing 5'2 piggy from shrek Timo Werner up front. Then I wanted Volland to start at the Euros. This time I think it's Fullkrugs turn (so long as his form holds) to be ignored, while Germany go with a more 'fluid' (I have learned this is a german word for fucking useless) option.

11 of the worlds prettiest footballers and no one to tap the tap ins. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Havertz scored from outside the box. 

Wow. 

All those defensive players on the pitch yet he's able to pick his spot, on his stronger side, from that distance. Absolutely clueless.

The media in this country being harsh is the biggest myth in football. They're the wettest of any supposedly big side.

England rage over..

Really don't think this is the big result that people are making it out to be, we know this team has fight in it as we've reached a semi-final and a final before, don't know why it needs to be proven again. But at least there's something for Southgate and the team to learn from. The Mason Mount and Kai Havertz goals were really good, even if Havertz was afforded the freedom of Wembley to hit it, but all 4 other goals were calamitous in their own ways.

The way I view the team at the upcoming World Cup:

Must starts:

Kane, Sterling, Bellingham, Phillips, Saka, Stones, Pickford.

Decent/average but need to do better or at risk of fading out of games:

Foden, Grealish, Rice, James, Dier, Mount, Shaw

Keep out of the first eleven:

Pope, Maguire, Walker.

I really think with injuries it is difficult to pick the team that will be the first XI or on the bench in Qatar.

Last night raises question marks over Maguire and Pope.

The good was Shaw's and Mount's strike,  Kanes penalty taking is still superb. 

Good passing from the wings and midfield to set off our runners.

Think Foden, Saka, Mount and Grealish will all go yet many will be used as subs.

I prefer Bellingham to Phillips, feel at International level Phillips is a red card risk.

Getting back to Maguire didn't think he was bad except for that penalty call yet here is the thing Southgate made an initial point about only playing players that were regulars for their club. Maguire is not. 

Perhaps Southgate has become loyal to players based on previous games. Sometimes thats pays off normally does not.

36 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I really think with injuries it is difficult to pick the team that will be the first XI or on the bench in Qatar.

Last night raises question marks over Maguire and Pope.

The good was Shaw's and Mount's strike,  Kanes penalty taking is still superb. 

Good passing from the wings and midfield to set off our runners.

Think Foden, Saka, Mount and Grealish will all go yet many will be used as subs.

I prefer Bellingham to Phillips, feel at International level Phillips is a red card risk.

Getting back to Maguire didn't think he was bad except for that penalty call yet here is the thing Southgate made an initial point about only playing players that were regulars for their club. Maguire is not. 

Perhaps Southgate has become loyal to players based on previous games. Sometimes thats pays off normally does not.

Personally think the choice should be Phillips or Rice, and for me it's Phillips all day, then we let Bellingham off the lead a bit more

Fernando Santos really is a talent wrecking machine. Ronaldo doing nothing for 90 minutes doesn't help. We had to get rid of them before the world cup. With Ronaldo starting games we don't make it past the last 16. If he doesn't play, we can win the whole thing.

Archived