The better place to talk football.

Common Knowledge You Didn't Know

football forum

• The title was changed to Common Knowledge You Didn't Know
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If you've been cutting chili peppers without gloves, don't put your contacts in the next morning, even if you washed your hands thoroughly multiple times. Learned it the hard way earlier this year xD 

A solution for those unaware: rub your hands with oil first, and then wash it off with water and soap. Capsaicin is hydrophobic, that's why water alone won't help, but it's fat soluble, hence why the oil (or any other fats) works. It also is alcohol soluble, but who wants to waste good alcohol on hands...

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

If you've been cutting chili peppers without gloves, don't put your contacts in the next morning, even if you washed your hands thoroughly multiple times. Learned it the hard way earlier this year xD 

A solution for those unaware: rub your hands with oil first, and then wash it off with water and soap. Capsaicin is hydrophobic, that's why water alone won't help, but it's fat soluble, hence why the oil (or any other fats) works. It also is alcohol soluble, but who wants to waste good alcohol on hands...

Acids are even better. Just use citrus juice from lemons or limes.

6 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I use to think foreplay and roleplay were the same which could have caused some interesting conversations 

Did you completely disregard the meanings of the words fore and role? 🤔

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, but I prefer to keep acids away from my eyes as well... 

I have an unusual technique that took many years of perfection. Instead of squirting lemon juice on my eyes, instead I put some on my hands, wash my hands, then take out my contacts. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

I have an unusual technique that took many years of perfection. Instead of squirting lemon juice on my eyes, instead I put some on my hands, wash my hands, then take out my contacts. 

Truly incredible!

When I first passed my driving test I thought the petrol count went back to 0 after someone had finished it. So when I went to put petrol in I just stood there. When it didn't work I went to the kiosk and told the women and she explained it. We had a laugh about it because obviously I was a new driver 

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Yeah it is good, but not as good as taking the contacts out ages before putting your hands on anything with capsaicin  

Haha, I wouldn't even see the darn pepper and cut my fingers instead if I tried to do it without the contacts. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Spike @nudge I tell you one thing is you wanna wash your hands very thoroughly before going to the toilet after cutting chili

Even eating it is enough for that

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, I wouldn't even see the darn pepper and cut my fingers instead if I tried to do it without the contacts. 

No glasses?

Archived