The better place to talk football.

Coolio Dies Age 59

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

One hit wonder in Aus as far as I know. Did he have more success in other markets?

I'd imagine he had quite some success in the US because he was doing shows/live performances as late as the early 2000s meaning they'd have liked the music. 

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd imagine he had quite some success in the US because he was doing shows/live performances as late as the early 2000s meaning they'd have liked the music. 

It’s a big market, I’m sure he had his niche

14 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Not a very nice person from what I saw of him in celebrity big brother but 59 is to young 

I wouldn't assume someone's personality from a scripted reality TV Series. 

22 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I dont watch it anymore but big brother wasn't scripted 

Every reality TV series is scripted to some degree. Imagine everyone would do nothing and be boring. There are always strings being pulled in the back to make things more "entertaining". 

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Every reality TV series is scripted to some degree. Imagine everyone would do nothing and be boring. There are always strings being pulled in the back to make things more "entertaining". 

I know but it seems quite likely to me he wasn't very nice. I could be wrong but that was the impression I got. He bullied other contestants and was chucked out. Although things may have been manipulated I think that was his real personality 

• Subscriber

He was also a volunteer firefighter before his music career, was involved with several charities (Goodwill, Reading Foundation, Heritage Begins Within, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes) and advocated heavily for environmental causes for years. On top of that, he's always been described as incredibly down to earth and nice both by his colleagues and his fans who met him. 

Everyone has good and bad things about them; it's silly to judge anyone without knowing all of it.

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

But that isn‘t having a ‘script’ mate. Of course the show runners heavily manipulate circumstances to induce drama but that isn't the same as writing or having a script. I get what you mean though, I just think it is a distinction. I feel when something is scripted it has no element of chance or unpredictability.

Archived