• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 9 Fixtures - Saturday 1st October, 2022

football forum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given you should have been down to ten men and that player went on to get an assist we were hurting already.

Will need to see the highlights later as I have not watched it.... sounded like we got away with one though..

What is wrong with this side for fuck sake. Chance to have a bit of a reset after the international break, but come back and nothing at all has changed. Give up the lead, fight to get back in the game then still end with a disappointing result. 10 points from 7 games is a disgraceful return. 

Just now, Rick said:

What is wrong with this side for fuck sake. Chance to have a bit of a reset after the international break, but come back and nothing at all has changed. Give up the lead, fight to get back in the game then still end with a disappointing result. 10 points from 8 games is a disgraceful return. 

To be fair, for a mid table side you must be pleased you put a dent in Brighton's title challenge... It's games like these where you probably didn't expect to get anything at all... 

40 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Two in a row for us and a win on the road with first goals for two summer signings. Decent day out. 🔵

I had everton in that mid or just below range,  I think you made some smart signings and you have steel,  think Everton will be fine this season. 

Pretty competent display,  took Fulham 78 minutes to register their first attempt at goal, the only downside was a soft goal not long after taking off Trippier, Schar and Burn which made no sense at all.    Without ASM, Joelinton and Isak but still caused Fulham all kinds of problems. 

14 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Watched the liverpool game and they were very lucky to be in that game,  Brighton were all over them and defensively TAA is not good,  the first two goals were his fault,  there is no way he should be anywhere near the england starting line up. 

I’m sick to the back teeth of his terrible defending being overlooked not only by some of our fanbase, but Klopp as well. Jurgen coming out in the week saying “I’ll alway’s pick TAA” was the stupidest statement in a while. The lad knows he is undroppable and his arrogance right now is off the charts. 

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m sick to the back teeth of his terrible defending being overlooked not only by some of our fanbase, but Klopp as well. Jurgen coming out in the week saying “I’ll alway’s pick TAA” was the stupidest statement in a while. The lad knows he is undroppable and his arrogance right now is off the charts. 

He has been so bad this season,  and Van Dijk also doesn't look right.  

TAA is good going forward but teams are learning to hit you hard on the counter attack,  but also build up play from the left putting pressure on TAA who doesn't look comfortable defensively. 

25 minutes ago, Rick said:

I've not been watching international football but I saw on Facebook that Southgate got a lot of slack for saying Trippier is an all round better player at the moment.

I didn't really get that. Trent is a fantastic inverted right wing back but in the system England used at Euro's you need to the wing backs to be an important part of the defensive chess game. 

As @OrangeKhrushsaid teams have figured out (and are good enough now) to counter Liverpool down the left hand side. Brighton have profited hugely several times this season because they have Trossard, Mitoma and Estupinan who can get in great attacking positions and benefit from the play of Wellbeck and Gross. For Klopp to seemingly not consider that showed real tactical naivety and it showed with Trossard picking up a hat trick.

It's not just Brighton who are capable of attacking down the left effectively at a level they didn't do before either. ASM looked very good doing it against Man City,  Spurs now have Richarlison, Perisic and an improved Sessegnon to compliment Son, West Ham have added a direct winger in Cornet, even were overloading on that side with Eze, Zaha and Edouard.

If Klopp doesn't address it you'll drop further points.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given you should have been down to ten men and that player went on to get an assist we were hurting already.

Seen it now, even after VAR reviewed it still nothing but a yellow, I don't know how we got away with that one... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived