talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 9 Fixtures - Saturday 1st October, 2022

football forum

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

At the time I just laughed but when he assisted Aubamayamg I couldn't stop gritting my teeth xD.

That's the worst thing in football.. someone getting away with a blatant sending off then going up the other end and either scoring themselves or assisting in a goal... 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed the first half as i travelled back from work. So seen the Silva incident on the highlights, definitely a red if VAR was included. I wouldn't say it's Chelsea privilige it is called shit refs. We get fucked over and we get gifted. Overall a poor game from us, created very little and Palace looked good. Gallagher scored a smashing goal, very respectful towards the Palace fans not to celebrate they gave him a round of aplause when he came on. However i am sure he was dying to haha

12 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Missed the first half as i travelled back from work. So seen the Silva incident on the highlights, definitely a red if VAR was included. I wouldn't say it's Chelsea privilige it is called shit refs. We get fucked over and we get gifted. Overall a poor game from us, created very little and Palace looked good. Gallagher scored a smashing goal, very respectful towards the Palace fans not to celebrate they gave him a round of aplause when he came on. However i am sure he was dying to haha

You know what? I really really hate the way it's become accepted in the game not to celebrate at an old club. Bunch of fucking daft cunts these days, the lot of them.

Gallagher wasn't even a Palace player, he was only on loan for a season, he has no alliegance to them and that's the bottom line.

He's every right to go running into the away fans and go nuts after a strike like that in the 90th minute. This game is all about celebrating goals.

Not saying he has to go full Adebayor and do a knee slide in front of the Holmsdale End but fuck me, what has happened to Football that you can't celebrate a goal against someone you played for? It's all bullshit.

The irony is there is fuck all loyalty in this game these days anyway xD

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You know what? I really really hate the way it's become accepted in the game not to celebrate at an old club. Bunch of fucking daft cunts these days, the lot of them.

Gallagher wasn't even a Palace player, he was only on loan for a season, he has no alliegance to them and that's the bottom line.

He's every right to go running into the away fans and go nuts after a strike like that in the 90th minute. This game is all about celebrating goals.

Not saying he has to go full Adebayor and do a knee slide in front of the Holmsdale End but fuck me, what has happened to Football that you can't celebrate a goal against someone you played for? It's all bullshit.

I think it depends on the circumstance.

If Patrick Bamford scored against us and celebrated like he won the World Cup I wouldn't bat an eyelid because he was a small wheel in the cog in the grand scheme of things. Conor Gallagher achieved far more with us than anybody (including himself) expected. He went from being a disappointment at West Brom to our player of the year that went on to play for England. So him not going mad when I imagine he really wanted too after his last game with Tuchel felt like a nice touch.

It really disappointed me growing up with Alan Lee intentionally elbowed Mile Jedinak after he left us and Clinton Morrison went wild after someone else scored for Coventry when we were on the brink of extinction. At the same time I couldn't care less when Ade Akinbayi celebrated against us or Steve Kabba spent all game diving against us. When players build a relationship with fans its nice to see that reciprocated.

51 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Completely agree, however i always felt "respected" when ex Chelsea players didn't celebrate a goal against us and God knows we had our fucking share of it.

18 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

When players build a relationship with fans its nice to see that reciprocated.

Agreed, Palace took him on loan because Vieira saw something in him and gave him the time on the pitch and in return to his credit he really stepped up and had a blinding season for them and the fans appreciated that, I am fairly sure they might have been hoping to make the deal permanent but after that season it was always going to be hard to keep him out of the Chelsea side..  

That goal today shows the Palace fans what they are missing without him and must be gutting to watch and fair play to him, I wouldn't have celebrated much either, He spent a whole season there and bonded well with the fans and the players and you don't just spit in the eye of that. Shows a lot of maturity to control yourself celebration wise given where you scored after a goal like that.. 

• Subscriber

That whole thing about Wolves letting Coady leave because he wasn't comfortable playing in a back four seemed just about understandable at the time but now it looks weird again given how well he's performing in a back four for us.

Really surprising given Lampard's reputation and our reputation in recent years that we've managed to throw together a team in basically a single transfer window whose greatest strength is that they're just reliably hard to beat. 

• Subscriber

Missed it last night but I wake up today and see that Trent's been the reason for another bad performance? I can't see why we just don't bench him for a bit, he's clearly got something going on that needs sorting and as long as he stays bullet-proof from being benched it's only going to get worse. Seems critical but if it was anyone else, we'd be asking the same. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Agree entirely with this. It's absolutely mental. His first goal for Chelsea, a goal like that and a winner and he doesn't celebrate. It's a terrible trend, I can't believe it hasn't died out.

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

That whole thing about Wolves letting Coady leave because he wasn't comfortable playing in a back four seemed just about understandable at the time but now it looks weird again given how well he's performing in a back four for us.

Really surprising given Lampard's reputation and our reputation in recent years that we've managed to throw together a team in basically a single transfer window whose greatest strength is that they're just reliably hard to beat. 

Connor Coady is what Burn was for us,  you got an absolute steal of a deal

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Watching TAAs actions and positioning for every brighton goal has made my morning. "Hes not championship level at defending" Yeah, he's fucking league 1 plymoth argyle level.

I agree with you on this,  he might as well not bother defending at all because he causes more problems.    That header out straight back into the danger zone for the first goal then he gets sucked into the ball carrier and leaves Trossard open (the man he needed to mark).    I think Harry McGuire officially has competition for the worst defender.

Reece James and Kieran Trippier should be the only RB going to the world cup. 

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Watching TAAs actions and positioning for every brighton goal has made my morning. "Hes not championship level at defending" Yeah, he's fucking league 1 plymoth argyle level.

If he was contributing assists every game and a goal every so often you could stomach his defensive shortcomings like we have done in the past. But as he is now, he should be dropped for Joe Gomez at RB, at least defensively we would be a bit more solid. 

I can live with us being pipped to the post by better teams, but the way we are letting any cunt score multiple goals against us is a disgrace. Klopp has to take responsibility for the performances, because he is far too loyal and players have become bulletproof from being benched. 

• The topic was unpinned

I thought by Monday I'd have calmed down a bit and be capable of posting logical thoughts on the game but nope, still annoyed, it doesn't help that I heard Paul Merson's view that Jordan Ayew wasn't running directly at goal. I mean Jesus Paul, he wasn't running directly at goal because Thiago Silva knocked the ball away with his hand.

11 vs 11 Chelsea were the better team. There's a lot of positives for them to take for Potter's first game and they should have felt annoyed if they didn't take three points. That said there's no denying that a red card at that point would have changed the whole course of the game.

I dont want to be too harsh on us because we've lost to three of the best four teams in the league but we're showing a worrying trend of not holding in to leagues and not looking as resolute as we were under Tony Pulis and Roy Hodgson. We've only kept one clean sheet this season and that was very fortunate given the ridiculous manner of the goal Newcastle had ruled out against us.

Like last season I'm still not sold on Vieira's in game substitutions. If Cheick Doucoure was taken off for tactical decisions then that was poor because he was playing very well. If it was for fitness concerns, that's fine but Jairo and Luka both would have been better at making it a more stodgy end to the game than Will Hughes.

I'm not concerned for us being fourth bottom. The next nine fixtures are very tasty. It would be nice for us to push on from last season and finish in the top half but that'll only happen if we stop making the same regular mistakes we've made over the last 14 months.

Archived