talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 6-3 Man Utd - Sunday 2nd October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png      VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
06/03/2022 - Man City 4-1 Man Utd
06/11/2021 - Man Utd 0-2 Man City
07/03/2021 - Man City 0-2 Man Utd

Recent Form
Man City - WWWDW
Man Utd - WLWWW

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sit back and the counter attack...

We've done it before and we can do it again. Rashford, Bruno, Sancho and Anthony will need to be on the top of their game and you catch them in behind.

Just gotta keep the superhuman striker quiet.

4 hours ago, Devil said:

We've done it before and we can do it again. Rashford, Bruno, Sancho and Anthony will need to be on the top of their game and you catch them in behind.

Yeah but they didn't have Haaland before. Its one of those games where you just have to admit you are playing a better team away and if they play at their best they will probably win. 

7 hours ago, Devil said:

Isn't Rashford out? looks like he's in good form at the moment 

8 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Yeah but they didn't have Haaland before. Its one of those games where you just have to admit you are playing a better team away and if they play at their best they will probably win. 

That's why I said we've got to keep their superhuman striker quiet.

They conceded goals though, this isn't a forgone conclusion like some people think it is.

Im the first to admit, they turn up, they beat us well, id be a fool to suggest otherwise.

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Isn't Rashford out? looks like he's in good form at the moment 

He was injured for international duty yeah, not sure if he's still injured.

He's a big player for us if we play counter attack.

Rodrigo and Dias out, that's a blow. Gundogan our holding player today instead. the teams the same as i predicted above but with Grealish starting now so the positions change a bit, Bernardo drops to mf, Foden moves the the right with Grealish on the left

Ederson

Walker - Akanji - Ake - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Gundogan - Bernardo

Foden - Haaland - Grealish

I really want to watch this game but I can't because of work and stuff...I basically have 9 hrs from kick off till my shift starts..so, it is what it is. I will be asleep during it.

Start Ronaldo. This is a big time game and he is a big time player, one who is hungry to prove himself again? Even if he fails, now we know better.... answers are better than questions and this would have provided so many answers. Rashford scores like 2 in a month and we forget all of last season? This is Man City... running blindly into defenses might work against some of the less experienced teams...but you are facing world class defenders here with an all time coach...you can't just turn the corner here and rely on the element of surprise. He will be picked off so many times it will look ridiculous..

Maybe they are saving Ronaldo for later in the season...but honestly does Utd even have that luxury...? We've won 3 games..there is no long term plan here...we have to win now and we have to play big game players. Ronaldo on the bench is inexcusable. Throw the kitchen sink at them and by the sink, I mean a hungry Ronaldo. 

But..

Haaland.KDB.Pep. 

I mean, who is our best player again?

If you think Man City will be listless infront of goal where we can just sit back and hope they don't take their chances..City are a bear that's been poked. They will be clinical in front of goal. So honestly we need to try to win the possession game here. We are not winning with 35% possession...this is not that type of game..Man City deal with the counter attack every single game. Pep will have them beyond prepared so City will not beat themselves this game. City will bury most of their chances this game..

So I don't even see a chance for Utd if I'm being honest. And I'm trying to...but the only ace we had up our sleeves was a Ronaldo masterclass..but, we rather start Rashford instead. 

All right, maybe I will wake up and be wrong lol but this is not looking good at all

• Administrator

@Ozzy0zz you have absolutely no idea about football and how Man Utd want to play if you think Ronaldo should still be the main man. They've clearly found a way to play without him in the side, and have succeeded with it so far. Actively pressing higher up the pitch, getting more people involved in attacks. Not everything can be centred around Ronaldo any more. 

Rashford has played better and been more influential than Ronaldo this season.

Rashford - 3 goals/2 assists in 6 PL games.

Ronaldo - nothing.

I'm still never sure what to make of this match these days. In the past, I mostly felt a bit sad for City to be so far in United's shadow. These days it's like Clash of the Titans, only 1 sides ex Dortmund superstar is off to a better start than the other. 

Antony, Rashford & Sancho looks an all round better forward line than Haaland & them 2. But Haaland obviously miles beyond anything anyone else has. Even PSG.

Any result seems possible. City favourites. But maybe not 6-1 level favourites.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Ozzy0zz you have absolutely no idea about football and how Man Utd want to play if you think Ronaldo should still be the main man. They've clearly found a way to play without him in the side, and have succeeded with it so far. Actively pressing higher up the pitch, getting more people involved in attacks. Not everything can be centred around Ronaldo any more. 

Rashford has played better and been more influential than Ronaldo this season.

Rashford - 3 goals/2 assists in 6 PL games.

Ronaldo - nothing.

Did Rashford score even 10 goals last season? 

Ronaldo was our top scorer last season.

He missed training camp and has ridden the bench this season, so of course there will be less...you can't score if you're not on the pitch.. .

Yes he may be out of form a bit. But this is Cristiano Ronaldo. And this a hungry Cristiano. He's earned the benefit of the doubt. In a big game, you play big game players. 

I don't think he should be the main man overall. But today? Ronaldo magic might just have given us the win today..

We'll see...

I guess I will watch the first half lol...going to be dead tired in the morning though haha

• Administrator
Just now, Ozzy0zz said:

Did Rashford score even 10 goals last season? 

Ronaldo was our top scorer last season.

He missed training camp and has ridden the bench this season, so of course there will be less...you can't score if you're not on the pitch.. .

Yes he may be out of form a bit. But this is Cristiano Ronaldo. And this a hungry Cristiano. He's earned the benefit of the doubt. In a big game, you play big game players. 

I don't think he should be the main man overall. But today? Ronaldo magic might just have given us the win today..

We'll see...

I guess I will watch the first half lol...going to be dead tired in the morning though haha

He was understandably dropped after that Brentford shambles. 

He has come on as a sub a few times, but maybe Ten Hag has found a way to play with players that are currently better in the right system, which doesn't suit Ronaldo. To me, that's fair enough as the club can't just revolve around one player, no matter what his past glories have been. 

• The title was changed to Man City 6-3 Man Utd - Sunday 2nd October, 2022
  • The title was changed to Man City 5-1 Man Utd - Sunday 2nd October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived