talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
22 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Comedy gold this thread as always, I reckon Balon actually paints himself in a the EU flag and screeches at MP’s outside Westminster about being “intolerant” Completely obvious to the irony of such actions 

Both sides are guilty of looking like absolute bellends.

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I suspect a lot of this designed to pressue MPs into voting through any terrible deal he brings back, think May's deal without even the worker protections that offered. MPs need to hold their nerve. 

I don’t understand your post. Are you suggesting May’s Deal should be implemented as a form of Brexit?

This post alone is enough to tell that psychologically and intellectually, England as a nation is fucked beyond rescue. 

Because a large amount of money, time, and analysis has went into this, and this is obviously what has been objectively determined to appeal most effectively to people. 

• Wow 1

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

This post alone is enough to tell that psychologically and intellectually, England as a nation is fucked beyond rescue. 

Because a large amount of money, time, and analysis has went into this, and this is obviously what has been objectively determined to appeal most effectively to people. 

These people should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

But yeah that's a sad reflection on England (and Wales, assuming Wales is still mainly for leaving).

1 hour ago, BartraPique1932 said:

What's so bad about that? Almost every football fan has done that at an world cup at some point.

Totally agree with you mate. When the leave side drape themselves in those flags it doesn't have an untoward message mixed in it. When you see those demonstrators with union jacks and even worse, the cross of Saint George, it sends a whole different message.

When some remainers try to be diplomatic by adding some modum of wrong doing by their own, they're being overly diplomatic Because remainers haven't done anything wrong or stand for anything untoward as a unit.

There is a big big difference in significance under the same masquerade.

I think all those on the Brexit camp who dress up in Union Jacks and those Remainers who dress up like the EU flag should all just fight on the street until to the death. Last person standing determines the UK's fate as an EU member. If it's a dumb cunt dressed up like the EU flag, we remain. If it's a dumb cunt dressed up like the UK flag, we stay.

We can probably get this all organised before the October 31 deadline. And it's guaranteed to be a less stupid idea than anything Boris Johnson's government puts out.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Inverted said:

EGW5ye-WkAE2dCN.png

This one's much better. :D

18 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I don’t understand your post. Are you suggesting May’s Deal should be implemented as a form of Brexit?

No, I'm suggesting that this is a gameplan by Cummings, make the MPs think No Deal is being actively pursued and see if they can make the MPs vote through a deal because they're scared of No Deal. 

29 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No, I'm suggesting that this is a gameplan by Cummings, make the MPs think No Deal is being actively pursued and see if they can make the MPs vote through a deal because they're scared of No Deal. 

I don’t agree mate. They WANT No Deal for a myriad of reasons and one of them is that there are certain people that stand to make a hell of a lot of money and they’re putting pressure on the Government. Boris Johnson’s own sister alluded to this too.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think Cummings‘ job is to get Boris to deliver a no deal, personally. A no deal Brexit is the red meat promised to the most rabid of leave supporters, and is the wet dream of the UK’s disaster capitalists. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Cummings‘ job is to get Boris to deliver a no deal, personally. A no deal Brexit is the red meat promised to the most rabid of leave supporters, and is the wet dream of the UK’s disaster capitalists. 

I think Brexit at any cost is his role, Mogg-Farage are the No Dealers only. Cummings just wants Brexit to happen, that's what I gather from him.

I think he hopes by increasing the threat of No Deal MPs will vote through any last minute deal, averting 'no deal' but delivering Brexit. If No Deal happens, then so be it.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned