talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

I saw this tweet yesterday and I thought it was some sort of fake/parody. Incredibly, I was wrong.

It's alright lads, don't worry about the economy, jobs, human rights, imports, exports, or anything else that affects your day to day lives. What's important is that English/British sports teams can win major events without Europe's help and that's the thing you should take away from England winning the Cricket World Cup, that it is somehow evidence that we'll be alright outside the EU.

These people actually have to get voted into influential positions by tens of thousands of our electorate though so once again I suppose we get what we deserve.

What the hell has the Cricket World Cup or Cricket got to do with Brexit or the EU?

Or is he trying to get the Daily Mail, Express, The Sun and The Telegraph to add Cricket to another of the reasons why the EU have made us slaves!?!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What the hell has the Cricket World Cup or Cricket got to do with Brexit or the EU?

Precisely. It's more petty point-scoring that I can't stand. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Precisely. It's more petty point-scoring that I can't stand. 

The thing is that it can only conceivably score anything resembling a point with an idiot. That’s not even a harsh comment and I’m being fair with that because I could be more brutal in my categorising and assumption of someone that sees that comment as anything relative to the issue in hand.

THEY (those that are feeding the fools) know full well that there are a multitude of idiots in this country. They may not have been aware of how many until now and subsequently on ascertaining how stupid many are, they’ve now resorted to being as straight forward in their rhetoric as possible with the understanding that it will be digested by brainless human examples of primitive life on earth.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The thing is that it can only conceivably score anything resembling a point with an idiot. That’s not even a harsh comment and I’m being fair with that because I could be more brutal in my categorising and assumption of someone that sees that comment as anything relative to the issue in hand.

THEY (those that are feeding the fools) know full well that there are a multitude of idiots in this country. They may not have been aware of how many until now and subsequently on ascertaining how stupid many are, they’ve now resorted to being as straight forward in their rhetoric as possible with the understanding that it will be digested by brainless human examples of primitive life on earth.

This is so sad but so true. It doesn't just go for the UK either even though I think it's definitely worse here than elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

Selling cooked food to be eaten from newspaper was outlawed by the British Government in 1990 under the Food & Safety act.

It’s not really her fault. She’s been lied to by deceivers and charlatans.

I suggest you listen to the caller. How sad!

Meanwhile, in Labour run Wales, civil servants have blamed rising costs due to Brexit as a reason to scrap the M4 relief road. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/m4-relief-road-newport-brexit-16587653

For those unaware, this has been in discussion since the early 90's. But fuck it, blame Brexit for your own failure I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Meanwhile, in Labour run Wales, civil servants have blamed rising costs due to Brexit as a reason to scrap the M4 relief road. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/m4-relief-road-newport-brexit-16587653

For those unaware, this has been in discussion since the early 90's. But fuck it, blame Brexit for your own failure I guess. 

Surely someone in the Tory Party will find the way to blame the EU.

• Subscriber
On 19/07/2019 at 08:45, SirBalon said:

More lies from our politicians. After the GATT 24 lies where our deceiving Brexiter politicians were caught out.

Now this unusual story about kippers in the Isle of Man has been proven to be more bullshit.

Manx kippers are sensational to be fair :ph34r:.

On 19/07/2019 at 21:05, SirBalon said:

Fuck it, this goes here, we all know this goes here so I’m leaving it here.

What the fuck? This is an adult woman that’s surprised black people bleed like us?

The fuck is wrong with some people?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What the fuck? This is an adult woman that’s surprised black people bleed like us?

The fuck is wrong with some people?

It’s worse than what you suggest that she’s found out black people have red blood. She is actually saying that black people are pink underneath the skin and with that she’s saying that black people are Infact white People underneath which means they’re human.

I’m not putting anything in anyone’s mouth her. That is EXACTLY what she is saying and there is no need to interpret anything else. For me the retweeter has been passive in calling it “casual racism”. It’s worse than that... It’s societal and that woman is British (English).

On 20/07/2019 at 05:05, SirBalon said:

Jesus fucking wept. 

I am so tired of people like this. You can -almost- excuse racial ignorance from the uneducated white British underclass who don't associate with anyone outside of their white British circles, but this bigot is supposed to be EDUCATING FUTURE GENERATIONS. 

There is so much poison in UK society, and with lunacy like this, how is it ever going to change?

The more we're subjected to this, the more I keep thinking we're living in a parallel universe within the mind of Chris Morris. Satire is dead.

Edited by StefBWFC

On 20/07/2019 at 05:05, SirBalon said:

Jesus Christ that’s the sort of thing a child would ask. A teacher calling her students half cast too...shambles

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Jesus Christ that’s the sort of thing a child would ask. A teacher calling her students half cast too...shambles

This is “Libertarianism” mate. What far-right mongrels are fighting for. It’s her opinion that black people are actually really like us “superior” white folk. 

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'll be interested to see whether the immigration lever is pulled to restart economic growth after the post brexit recession

The Government will just have to bring people in from Africa and Asia. You won’t get even invited people from the EU coming here as there will be better options within the EU itself which is why EU nationals have been leaving.

It’s a momentous day and that part isn’t even a joke. For the first time ever, a politician on the Brexiter side of things actually doesn’t lie!  Not a single truth (that’s not even trolling) has come from the mouth of a single Brexit campaigning politician until this.

Not that the MEP in question is doing things that are part and parcel of his job title (we’ll waver that part because there isn’t a single Brexit politician that’s authentic and honest), but because he’s literally told this constituent the truth on how he/she is going to act.

On 23/07/2019 at 23:21, SirBalon said:

It’s a momentous day and that part isn’t even a joke. For the first time ever, a politician on the Brexiter side of things actually doesn’t lie!  Not a single truth (that’s not even trolling) has come from the mouth of a single Brexit campaigning politician until this.

Not that the MEP in question is doing things that are part and parcel of his job title (we’ll waver that part because there isn’t a single Brexit politician that’s authentic and honest), but because he’s literally told this constituent the truth on how he/she is going to act.

Well, no, he is lying. He's an MEP and we haven't left the EU yet. So it is very much his job to defend a Brit's rights as an EU citizen.

Oh and I've only now just read your second sentence and you agree with me on that xD

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned