talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

On 05/07/2018 at 13:26, BartraPique1932 said:

Ingenious 25 step Brexit master plan leaked:

1. Shout "Project fear!".
  2. Point out that Soros is a jewish billionaire and a foreigner.
  3. Mention "Fish" and "Sovereignty". Don't mention that the UK will no longer be a rule maker, but remain a rule taker, if it wants frictionless access to the EU single market after Brexit.
  4. Pretend that Britain can simply unilaterally decide whether it wants to respect the Good Friday Agreement or not.
  5. "Death to the traitors!"
  6. >It's the will of the people to become poorer. They voted for it.
  7. "Brexit means Brexit!"
  8. Blame the EU, although you pretended that Britain would have all the leverage in the negotiations during the referendum("Easiest trade deal in history"). 
  9. "We need to get on with it."
  10. "I'm not gonna let some unelected bureaucrats from Brussels run my life." Don't mention that civil servants are unelected bureaucrats.
  11. Blame migrants.
  12. Pretend that not leaving the EU in order to prevent a downfall of the British economy means the end of democracy, because "muh referendum". Don't mention though that the UK is a parliamentry constitutional monarchy in which referendi are merely advisory by nature or that Vote leave cheated.
  13. Did you mention that George Soros is jewish yet?
  14. Point out that the EU - aka "the fourth Reich" - is run by G*rmany entirely and only seeks to create a NWO.
  15. "Look at G*rmany and all the countries it has to bail out and how the EU is forcing Germany to take all those rapefugees. The EU is destroying G*rmany. The UK needs to leave if it wants to evade a similar fate."
  16. "The EU army is gonna come and force you to take all refugees."
  17. Never ever show anyone this David Davis quote.
  18. Blame remainers.
  19. "Theresa May needs to be tougher with Brussels". Don't mention that she has basically no leverage.
  20. Select a chief negotiator who believes that you can make individual trade deals with EU member states.
  21. "I knew all along it would harm our economy for decades. But at some undefined point in the future it's going to be really great!"
  22. >BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Siemens, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, the IFS, the NHS, the WTO, the IMF, the civil servants who were involved in "The Exiting the EU Committee" report, the Grimsby Fish Merchant's Association and the majority of experts are in cahoots with Brussels.
  23. "Freeeeedom!"
  24. "We're just gonna join nafta!" Don't mention that Trump - a president known his revival of national chauvinism and his "America first" policy -  wants to get rid of nafta.  Also don't mention that all major automotive manufacturers have plants inside the current nafta region already and that by joining nafta they could move all their plants from the UK to a EU member state without losing access to any of their current markets.
  25. Sign a bill which allows the government to finalise a Brexit deal or the decision to leave without a deal - no matter how bad it will be - without the parliament.

Btw how does Liam 'easiest trade deal in history' Fox still have a job?

Like clockwork.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Harvsky on the one hand I see what you're saying, and perhaps yes the EU is using this clumsy tactic to keep us holding out for a delay that leads to a second referendum or general election that ultimately leads to Article 50 being withdrawn or something. On the other hand, this may be the EU sticking the knife in and believing (or knowing) that they will weather the No Deal recession better than Britain and ultimately dealing with the UK post-Brexit, may be easier once everything settles down and there is more public consensus in the UK as to what the fuck the country's Brexit plans might be.

I have a hard time believing the EU will allow the 9 month extension to the Article 50 that May's cabinet seems to anticipate them getting - because as mentioned on here earlier, the EU doesn't want the UK using it's power to veto to obstruct the EU's 7 year budget as a way to blackmail the EU into better terms for the UK leaving... when the UK is supposed to be out of the EU in a week. That's why most EU leaders are saying they'll agree to a technical extension, but it'll be short term and it requires parliament passing the May deal.

Maybe some think that but I'd be surprised if that sort of thinking pattern exists in a widespread fashion. It's quite extreme in personality and cultural terms.

Philippe Lamberts a Belgien MEP on the Brexit steering committee was on the BBC an hour ago saying that Westminster needs to find what it has a majority for then come back, anything else is a waste of time. This seems correct. 

Should the EU play hard ball and reject an extension after this one, forcing a choice, which then ends up in a no deal over something half trivial like the WA, I think the EU will have a hard time justifying their actions to disrupted and damaged businesses, particularly in Ireland and particularly to those who don't care much for or against the EU doctrine.

According to this journalist parliamentary momentum at the moment is toward revocation, not May's deal and not no deal if backed into a corner.

As I have argued today, no deal requires a big parliamentary shift away from May's deal and revocation to occur. It doesn't just happen automatically because it's on paper, it happens by UK political choice.

22 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Maybe some think that but I'd be surprised if that sort of thinking pattern exists in a widespread fashion. It's quite extreme in personality and cultural terms.

Philippe Lamberts a Belgien MEP on the Brexit steering committee was on the BBC an hour ago saying that Westminster needs to find what it has a majority for then come back, anything else is a waste of time. This seems correct. 

Should the EU play hard ball and reject an extension after this one, forcing a choice, which then ends up in a no deal over something half trivial like the WA, I think the EU will have a hard time justifying their actions to disrupted and damaged businesses, particularly in Ireland and particularly to those who don't care much for or against the EU doctrine.

I wouldn’t be surprised if plenty on the continent think the Brexiteers have been extreme personality wise and culturally. We’ve got Barnier bemoaning the lack of realism on our part and complaining about how May’s government seems to want the EU to be able to solve domestic political issues (I wish there were recordings of the negotiations, because I want to know what was said). After 2 years of dealing with clueless morons like David Davis & having Farage say things like he can’t wait to exercise his veto vote, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that a number of people in the EU have developed a more extreme view in taking that harder line with the UK.

I agree with you and that MEP from the land of waffles and chocolate though

On 17/03/2019 at 13:22, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Except that this would fall under sheer hypocrisy and pretty much set the tone for future votes (ie. If you don't like the original vote, just keep protesting and giving the middle finger to everyone that doesn't agree with you until you get the result you want). 

Between then official leave campaign breaking the law and the sheer amount of racism and bigotry used by politicians, the campaign and media to push Brexit through I’d say the vote was a joke long before the opportunity for a second came into play.

39 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Is there anyone on this march that isn't an insufferable middle class tit? Most will be back voting tory when brexit gets forgotten about. 

Lib-Dem and Green too, lets be fair. 

Maybe some cheeky TIG supporters in there as well. 

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Is there anyone on this march that isn't an insufferable middle class tit? Most will be back voting tory when brexit gets forgotten about. 

Not really they’re the Jim Broadbent's that voted Corbyn at the last general, literally Turkeys voting for Christmas 

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Between then official leave campaign breaking the law and the sheer amount of racism and bigotry used by politicians, the campaign and media to push Brexit through I’d say the vote was a joke long before the opportunity for a second came into play.

You’re like a shite broken record, ffs the government wrote to every household in the land to say stay.  Most large businesses threatened staff with job losses. It’s been a constant stream of negativity and threats for years. Food shortages, lack of medicine, etc etc etc. 

Every episode of question time or sky news debate regarding Brexit for the last 2.1/2 years has been 3-1 in favour of remain and you’ll still lose a second referendum. I don’t know how to put it any clearer really than fuck off and stop whining. Real people think this begging of the EU to let us bend over and let them fuck us is embarrassing. If you like the EU so much, why don’t you fuck off there. It so tedious you’re like this forums Anna fucking Soubray and she’s a tedious little whining turd to. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Not really they’re the Jim Broadbent's that voted Corbyn at the last general, literally Turkeys voting for Christmas 

You’re like a shite broken record, ffs the government wrote to every household in the land to say stay.  Most large businesses threatened staff with job losses. It’s been a constant stream of negativity and threats for years. Food shortages, lack of medicine, etc etc etc. 

Every episode of question time or sky news debate regarding Brexit for the last 2.1/2 years has been 3-1 in favour of remain and you’ll still lose a second referendum. I don’t know how to put it any clearer really than fuck off and stop whining. Real people think this begging of the EU to let us bend over and let them fuck us is embarrassing. If you like the EU so much, why don’t you fuck off there. It so tedious you’re like this forums Anna fucking Soubray and she’s a tedious little whining turd to. 

Bit touchy today

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bollocks. The march was full of Blairite twats like Umunna, it's why I have no time for it. The march of the middle class who want everything the same, they loathe Corbyn more than May. 

I don’t even know what Jim broadbents auto corrected from tbh.  But I think you’ve underestimated just who voted for Corbyn at the last general election. You would call them blairites now but come GE time they roll out the “for the many not the few” story’s is a great example. 

43 minutes ago, Danny said:

Bit touchy today

I’m not it just sums up your sum contribution in this thread we’re 30 pages in and if you’ve said anything other than “Brexit was racist” I’ll be surprised. You’ve probably done 40 posts at least 30+ will be contain the words “bigot” or “islamophobia” it’s boring now mate. You’re just bleating like some but hurt sheep, we’re leaving get on with it

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

History shows that the real turkeys are the wealthy who turn a blind eye to the society around them disintegrating and who think they'll be guarded from the consequences. 

Voting for wealth redistribution is the best self-defence mechanism the wealthy ever came up with. 

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t even know what Jim broadbents auto corrected from tbh.  But I think you’ve underestimated just who voted for Corbyn at the last general election. You would call them blairites now but come GE time they roll out the “for the many not the few” story’s is a great example. 

I’m not it just sums up your sum contribution in this thread we’re 30 pages in and if you’ve said anything other than “Brexit was racist” I’ll be surprised. You’ve probably done 40 posts at least 30+ will be contain the words “bigot” or “islamophobia” it’s boring now mate. You’re just bleating like some but hurt sheep, we’re leaving get on with it

Bigot dislikes being called out for bigotry shocker

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

History shows that the real turkeys are the wealthy who turn a blind eye to the society around them disintegrating and who think they'll be guarded from the consequences. 

Voting for wealth redistribution is the best self-defence mechanism the wealthy ever came up with. 

Wealth is redistributied the “poor” in this country are still globally in the top 2% earning bracket.

I’m not adverse to a social policy, However I’m realistic enough to know that a social policy also has negatives and requires a robust private sector to fund it. The average 35k p/a white collar worker that spouts “for the many not the few” is devoid of reality. If you live amongst the shit you grind to get out of it. Fuck Corbyn he’ll just give the idle cunts more to squander. 

57 minutes ago, Danny said:

Bigot dislikes being called out for bigotry shocker

No I answered it the first time, you never really countered, you just seem to be hung up on Nigel Farage a bloke who has no real power or wasn’t part of the official campaign, a campaign that distinaced itself from UKIP as UKIP started transforming into the BNP in Purple. You’ve not looked at that or even considered that Brexit is the result of a multitude of factors, you’ve pigeonholed it as racist and you’ve just repeated yourself ad Infinitum. I’m not offended by being labelled I’m just bored of your shite. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wealth is redistributied the “poor” in this country are still globally in the top 2% earning bracket.

I’m not adverse to a social policy, However I’m realistic enough to know that a social policy also has negatives and requires a robust private sector to fund it. The average 35k p/a white collar worker that spouts “for the many not the few” is devoid of reality. If you live amongst the shit you grind to get out of it. Fuck Corbyn he’ll just give the idle cunts more to squander. 

No I answered it the first time, you never really countered, you just seem to be hung up on Nigel Farage a bloke who has no real power or wasn’t part of the official campaign, a campaign that distinaced itself from UKIP as UKIP started transforming into the BNP in Purple. You’ve not looked at that or even considered that Brexit is the result of a multitude of factors, you’ve pigeonholed it as racist and you’ve just repeated yourself ad Infinitum. I’m not offended by being labelled I’m just bored of your shite. 

We're one of the most unequal countries in the developed world. One of the least socially mobile. We have the wealthiest region in Western Europe and several of the poorest. Our wages have been stagnant for a decade. Our government spending as a proportion of GDP is one of the lowest in large European countries. Our child poverty and homelessness rates have soared. Our benefits system has been "reformed" into a intentional system of punishment and humiliation designed force people into insecure work which is basically not liveable. 

If wealth and resources were really being distributed effectively in this country, we wouldn't have hordes of uneducated thickos living in unimaginably grim post-industrial shitholes, scraping a living on poverty wages, who are so desperate and lacking in critical faculties that you can convince them that Nigel Farage is their savior. 

Edited by Inverted

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned