• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Last two pages summed up:

1559839102248.png

The main pro-Brexiter in this thread is from the Midlands not the Norf, and anyone who loves pints is justified in doing so. I'm all for Brexit-bashing but let's stick to the facts eh? 😏

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Narrow hold for Labour in the Peterborough by election. Brexit party very close in 2nd.

If there is another general election any time soon it looks like we'll have a parliament hung like a horse.

Irony being that Peterborough voted Leave by 61% in 2016. 

13 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The main pro-Brexiter in this thread is from the Midlands not the Norf, and anyone who loves pints is justified in doing so. I'm all for Brexit-bashing but let's stick to the facts eh? 😏

I agree 100%. However "Norf" sounds incredibly dull, "midlands" doesn't.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What that shows to me is that Peterborough has changed their mind on Brexit or the Brexit lead has been severely narrowed. Those that voted Brexit are those that now voted Brexit Party as that’s the point.

You reckon they've gone from 61/39 in favour of Leave to 71/29 for Remain? Not having that at all. Plenty of Leave votes there still going to Conservative and Labour. This isn't the European elections where it's basically all about Brexit.

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You reckon they've gone from 61/39 in favour of Leave to 71/29 for Remain? Not having that at all. Plenty of Leave votes there still going to Conservative and Labour. This isn't the European elections where it's basically all about Brexit.

No, not at all. I would say that in somewhere like Peterborough it’s narrowed significantly which from a positive perspective for the good of the country is a very good sign indeed.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

John Cleese said all of that whilst living in his new home in the Caribbean. Maybe John can connect the dots between him living there and the levels of immigration he doesn’t like in London.

It's called being an imperialist. He will feel it's a right.

This is a MUST watch!

All the lies, all of those charlatans that have used both World Wars especially WWII to gun for Brexit... Idiots (charlatans and liars) like Mark Francois!

Do people know that the largest proportion of Remain voters in the 2016 Referendum came from two age groups... 18 to 28 year olds and the few remaining war veterans and those who lived through that period.

They fought for freedom, for peace, for a union of Europe so what is actually happening once again with the rise of far-right populism, ancient hatreds and the undercover ligitimisation of extreme-right propaganda by demonising liberal unifying targets.

If you want to respect those who fought for freedom... Listen to them!

46 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The attempts by both sides to coopt the 'War veteran' argument is pathetic. The 'peace' part of the EU is only really about France and Germany.

The war/wars has been used here in England by those promoting Brexit... That's why I cited that abnormal individual Mark Francois and there have been plenty of others. Then you have the general public that continue to support this crap that quote the war. Infact (it's a pity I can't recall those posts) there were some that at the start of the campaigning (including the Euro Chanpionships in France) were pissed off with France's attitude in a lack of support for England in this Brexit bullshit by stating that they've forgotten how they saved their arses.

Like ai said... The stats are there! War veterans including those who lived through it are a majority in support of remaining. This on England I reiterate because Brexit is an English thing.

52 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The war/wars has been used here in England by those promoting Brexit... That's why I cited that abnormal individual Mark Francois and there have been plenty of others. Then you have the general public that continue to support this crap that quote the war. Infact (it's a pity I can't recall those posts) there were some that at the start of the campaigning (including the Euro Chanpionships in France) were pissed off with France's attitude in a lack of support for England in this Brexit bullshit by stating that they've forgotten how they saved their arses.

Like ai said... The stats are there! War veterans including those who lived through it are a majority in support of remaining. This on England I reiterate because Brexit is an English thing.

Doesn't matter what war veterans do or don't think, their opinion is no more valid than anyone elses. I just hate this fake fawning over war veterans by both sides, it's the original virtue signalling and you can bet that most people know absolutely zero about World War 2 and just try to glean some sanctimonious glory from it themselves.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Doesn't matter what war veterans do or don't think, their opinion is no more valid than anyone elses. I just hate this fake fawning over war veterans by both sides, it's the original virtue signalling and you can bet that most people know absolutely zero about World War 2 and just try to glean some sanctimonious glory from it themselves.

It's based on the objectives after Europe suffered two World Wars. Peace and unity. That you're indifferent to that is a singular opinion don't you think?

But where I personally feel you're right is that no one group of people are more righteous than any other. My issue lies in the fact that scumbags in the establishment (those that say they're fighting the establishment xD) have falsely used them for their own means. But then again absolutely everything about the leave movement is corrupt, false and corrupt. Pure and total grooming!

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/brexit-wales-eu-structural-funds-16405082 - if you live in London, make sure to thank Welsh voters for doing this to themselves for your benefit

That's nothing new. We all know London and the South of England basically gets everything while everyone else gets the middle finger, we'll before Brexit was even a thing. 

Also, I wouldn't recommend quoting too much from Walesonline as they truly are awful. 

34 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That's nothing new. We all know London and the South of England basically gets everything while everyone else gets the middle finger, we'll before Brexit was even a thing. 

Also, I wouldn't recommend quoting too much from Walesonline as they truly are awful. 

Yeah they didn't seem like the best source but I was lazy and that was the link that was right in front of me xD - and yeah the North-South divide (although it's really the London + South East vs the rest of the country) has always been a thing. It's just particularly startling when you see how bad things will be in some places, particularly Wales, the North East, and Yorkshire.

Anyone young outside of the South East and that voted for Brexit because they felt London & the South had left them behind, I think will ultimately end up feeling even more left behind.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah they didn't seem like the best source but I was lazy and that was the link that was right in front of me xD - and yeah the North-South divide (although it's really the London + South East vs the rest of the country) has always been a thing. It's just particularly startling when you see how bad things will be in some places, particularly Wales, the North East, and Yorkshire.

Anyone young outside of the South East and that voted for Brexit because they felt London & the South had left them behind, I think will ultimately end up feeling even more left behind.

Those outside London should take a look at the money pumped in (especially Wales and the valleys) from the EU which supersedes what the UK was putting in annually in the shape of the membership fee. This is the information missing from the liars and charlatans.

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned