talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Those outside London should take a look at the money pumped in (especially Wales and the valleys) from the EU which supersedes what the UK was putting in annually in the shape of the membership fee. This is the information missing from the liars and charlatans.

It's not like that wasn't said numerous times though by people in the remain camp. If I'm honest, I don't have much sympathy for people who voted against their own interests because they didn't want to put in the time to learn exactly what they were voting for - just because a bunch of Brexiteers were making outlandish promises to them (many of which weren't very consistent). 

For years the EU has been used as a scapegoat, and people feeling the EU was why they felt left behind while other areas of the country remained prosperous (or became more prosperous) are soon to realise that it's actually Westminster to blame for the neglect of the parts of the country that aren't London& the South East.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

This is the grooming our press have been culpable off during this whole shambolic embarassing and shameful mess. It's beyond disgusting and the worst part is those that peddle this rhetoric would be destroyed in a history lesson. Twats!

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd love to say that can't be real.

I don't know how you've followed this whole sorry episode that's called Brexit, but there are plenty of high profile figures and all sorts of hmmm... I don't know how to categorise the other lot. I could open a thread full of this stuff and fill pages with it mate.

Only yesterday that scum piece of racist shit Katie Hopkins (who has incidentally worked in UK media and journalism) posted another of her racist/xenophobic/Islamophobic tweets ending in "Londonstan" with a criticism aimed at London's Mayor Sadiq Khan and from across the Atlantic Ocean Donald Duck Trump backed it with one of his thick arsed tweets. If that wasn't enough,momenof the candidates for leader of the Conservative Party and subsequently the possible next Prime Minister Jeremy Hunt said publicly that he backed the President of the United States of America in his attack on the London Mayor.

Now come oooon... This country has become a laughing stock and a complete embarrassment. But the worst part is that we're not only providing humorous entertainment for thise around the world with Brexit and the shambles of our politics in England. But also that there is the nasty, nationalistic vibe coming from all quarters including the establishment. Nationalism is one of the reasons that the EU came to be in the first place. We all know what that is and IT IS HERE 150%!!!

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Fanaticism, radicalisation, extremist beliefs and above all else... NATIONALISM!

image.png

I think a big part of the problems we have in talking about Brexit, and also just domestic British politics, is that the Conservative Party is , objectively, a far-right English nationalist party. We think we are separate from the issues you see in places like Hungary and Poland, but the thing is that rather than a Fidesz, or a Law and Justice type party coming to power, our traditional governing party has turned into a party analogous to them.

And its only strategy for holding onto power is to hide its new, radically reactionary character behind the charade of being the "Conservative" Party. Meanwhile, the pretty run-of-the-mill social-democrat opposition is spun into some kind of totalitarian monster to try and hide its own new radical direction. 

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 1

These idiots basically don't give a shit, they just want to double down on their "us vs. them" mentality (unless Corbyn, who's coy about his position on Brexit, gets into power because he doesn't like war).

• Fraud and illegal shenanigans in the leave campaign for the 2016 Referendum (Government refused to investigate)
  • Over 1 million voters in the EU elections illegally turned away at polling stations in England (this one currently under investigation by the EU itself)
  • Now this Brexit Party illegal funding scandal (Aaron Banks again?)

Notice it's always the scummy LEAVE movement doing all of the dodgy stuff!

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:
  • Fraud and illegal shenanigans in the leave campaign for the 2016 Referendum (Government refused to investigate)
  • Over 1 million voters in the EU elections illegally turned away at polling stations in England (this one currently under investigation by the EU itself)
  • Now this Brexit Party illegal funding scandal (Aaron Banks again?)

Notice it's always the scummy LEAVE movement doing all of the dodgy stuff!

The Commission also said that they want the Brexit Party to police itself (do you trust them to do that?) and they don't really even have teeth to enforce anything against any party, let alone a party caught in violation of campaign donation rules.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Commission also said that they want the Brexit Party to police itself (do you trust them to do that?) and they don't really even have teeth to enforce anything against any party, let alone a party caught in violation of campaign donation rules.

It’s a farce. The leave entities have made me laugh no end. When this is all over there’ll be prizes for many many names in all of this. 

On 17/06/2019 at 08:45, SirBalon said:

This definitely belongs here...

Looking up Rod Liddle it seems he has a history of this. Once said blacks are responsible for most of the crimes in London and the only thing "we've" gotten in return is rap music and goat curry...

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Looking up Rod Liddle it seems he has a history of this. Once said blacks are responsible for most of the crimes in London and the only thing "we've" gotten in return is rap music and goat curry...

Really? Wow! O.o

But according to someone, deleting peope like this from decent society is called "Fascism". Maybe he and the likes (the real extremists) should look into what "fascism" actually means and is. My parents lived in it and I know what it is.

What do you think of this next one?

Fuck knows who Craig Blackburn is aside from a nasty bigot and a member of society, someone with the same rights as me which I detest.

• Administrator

Wasn't sure where else to put this. 

Mark Field heavy-handedly removes a female climate change protestor. Why grab her by the neck? Why be so physical? Why did no one else help her? 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wasn't sure where else to put this. 

Mark Field heavy-handedly removes a female climate change protestor. Why grab her by the neck? Why be so physical? Why did no one else help her? 

Someone will probably say she was carrying enriched uranium which will be backed up by a tweet from Mr Orange himself (Trump-a-twat) and the US will start sending warships to Westminster Bridge along the Thames.

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned