talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

It is compulsory in USA to have health insurance. 

Does the IRS still add a penalty if you don't have insurance? I thought that was removed in 2016.

I'm probably wrong though as I've just received my health insurance tax documents earlier today. Also I got an email from my boss stating that the company's health plan has gone up 13.55% for next year! Joy!

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does the IRS still add a penalty if you don't have insurance? I thought that was removed in 2016.

I'm probably wrong though as I've just received my health insurance tax documents earlier today. Also I got an email from my boss stating that the company's health plan has gone up 13.55% for next year! Joy!

You are allowed a lapse if it is between jobs, or otherwise. Besides strict conditions, yes it is compulsory  and very expensive. Who’d have thought a government law forcing private health insurance would increase premiums?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

You are allowed a lapse if it is between jobs, or otherwise. Besides strict conditions, yes it is compulsory  and very expensive. Who’d have thought a government law forcing private health insurance would increase premiums?

That's pretty shite for people who don't get it subsidised by their work. The prices are insanely expensive, that's got to be a huge burden on so many people in America. Pretty fucked up tbh.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's pretty shite for people who don't get it subsidised by their work. The prices are insanely expensive, that's got to be a huge burden on so many people in America. Pretty fucked up tbh.

It's brutal, especially when someone needs proprietary equipment and medicine. Imagine having diabetes and needing a particular infusion set, a particular blood test set, and of course insulin. Imagine one being covered but not the other, renegotiating of contracts between companies and insurance, all of sudden everything one was using is no longer covered and now one has to change devices. A terrible headache. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Because it's the US government demanding we put NHS on the table for post-Brexit trade talks?

Belgium's compulsory health insurance reimburses for "general care" out of a public fund btw.

No the US government is saying they don’t want tariffs on drugs, if you think the US want to take on the iceberg of economic shit that is the NHS you’re insane. 

Trump even shat on this about a week ago, the basis for this seems to be Corbyn who’s defaulted to the 2017 tactic of “the Tories will sell off the NHS” and it works for the sheeple of this country. 

Fyi the NHS already purchase US drugs they have done for some time. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

It is compulsory in USA to have health insurance. 

As opposed to whom? Surely not their Tories and their magical pot of money for health, education, and defence? Here I was thinking that the UK is in it’s worst financial state in a long time.

Lol the Tories with the magical pot of money, have you seen Labours manifesto? 

There’s nothing shocking in the Tory manifesto it’s pretty much steady as we go bringing down the deficit. 

Labour are up to 100bn in spending and 80bn in tax increases, 26% corporation tax by 2024 😂 that will do post Brexit. 

The problem is with the U.K. is yes we are lower tax than say Germany so our services are pooorer but if you were to up tax would the level reach German levels? Would it fuck British state ran entities tend to a tremendous waste of money and brutally inefficient. That’s why they were privatised and we enjoy more personal wealth. 

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No the US government is saying they don’t want tariffs on drugs, if you think the US want to take on the iceberg of economic shit that is the NHS you’re insane. 

Trump even shat on this about a week ago, the basis for this seems to be Corbyn who’s defaulted to the 2017 tactic of “the Tories will sell off the NHS” and it works for the sheeple of this country. 

There’s nothing shocking in the Tory manifesto it’s pretty much steady as we go bringing down the deficit. 

Labour are up to 100bn in spending and 80bn in tax increases, 26% corporation tax by 2024 😂 that will do post Brexit. 

The problem is with the U.K. is yes we are lower tax than say Germany so our services are pooorer but if you were to up tax would the level reach German levels? Would it fuck British state ran entities tend to a tremendous waste of money and brutally inefficient. That’s why they were privatised and we enjoy more personal wealth. 

Steady as we go, increasing spending and not increasing the coffers, at least the Labour Party are trying something drastic, instead of the slow decline the nation is on... Child poverty at 40%, the largest rise in poverty since Thatcher, enjoy your personal wealth mate; you must be swimming in it; because the rest of the country isn't.

I'd tax corporations double that.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah no shit the NHS buys drugs from the US - it’s why US pharma lobbyists are meeting with BoJo trying to put NHS’s negotiation power (if not more) open for negotiation. Which again, is a massive benefit to everyone in the UK that ever gets prescription drugs. Even if you’re getting your healthcare the private route.

And even if we followed the Belgium route of compulsory health insurance, then the state is still responsible for anything that falls under “general coverage.” 

I've read Corbyn wants to tackle bad landlords. I haven't read his plans though so can't comment to much. I live in a flat with a shared bathroom which isn't fit for human use in my opinion. I mean I will go to the toilet but I go over to my parent's to shower. I would personally welcome any laws which help this

• Subscriber

Yeah the Labour Party don't understand economics when it's the Tories who have had 9 years to serve us up stagnant economic growth, increased poverty, worse inequality, a downgraded credit rating, a weakening of the pound, the list goes on.

They're both as bad as each other. I pray that we get a hung parliament on Thursday and that something mental happens like the Queen coming in and saying no more fucking elections for the next 5 years, you can sit in the House of Commons and find a way to run the country together like grown ups.

Labour ministers gobbing off about Corbyn in private, Tory (probably Russian) bots spreading fake news on social media and the prime minister hiding in a fridge, what a sensational election campaign this has been on all sides. Literally every party looks worse by the day. Farage can't make his mind up on who to support, the SNP think now is the time to push for independence again, Labour could probably have won this election if they'd changed their leader, the Lib Dems had an open goal with campaigning as the party of Remain and have somehow managed to make no ground, and the Tories have resorted to Trumpian gutter tactics and hiding from scrutiny.

I don't want any of these parties to win a majority so Thursday is about supporting everything Red, Yellow, Orange, Green and any other colour but Blue to stop the only majority that can happen. Have your second referendum, get Brexit done by chucking the cunt in the bin and try and restore some normality. Too bad all of this is a complete pipe dream but it would be lovely to see both of the major parties rip up their current blueprint. I used to groan during the days of thinking Labour and Conservative were two fairly similar shades of grey but this extremism on both sides is an awful lot worse.

• Like 1

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've read Corbyn wants to tackle bad landlords. I haven't read his plans though so can't comment to much. I live in a flat with a shared bathroom which isn't fit for human use in my opinion. I mean I will go to the toilet but I go over to my parent's to shower. I would personally welcome any laws which help this

I think they want to tackle bad landlords in terms of cost of rents and rent increases, as opposed to specifically living conditions.

Have you reported the problems to local authority environmental services? 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think they want to tackle bad landlords in terms of cost of rents and rent increases, as opposed to specifically living conditions.

Have you reported the problems to local authority environmental services? 

I haven't no but there have been reasons for that which I'll explain. However it probably would be worth me at least going to citizens advice which I may actually do tomorrow.

First of all when I moved in I only intended it to be for 6 months. Although it has been two years. Originally it wasn't so bad. Since the 6 months have ended I have always intended to move out so I have always thought well I'll just put up with it then go. However as I said I have lived here longer than intended so it would be worth me going to citizen's advice as I said.

The other issue is who is responsible. It is a house of multipt occupation with around 14 rooms. Now the rooms are rented individually not as a whole. If he rented the whole house to a group of people they would be responsible for cleaning it most of the time. However because he is renting it to individuals it's get complicated.  He could say it is the tennents responsibility to clean the bathrooms. However if he hasn't specified that in the contract it normally becomes the landlords responsibility by default. So it would be worth me trying to find the contract and then go to citezens advice.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't no but there have been reasons for that which I'll explain. However it probably would be worth me at least going to citizens advice which I may actually do tomorrow.

First of all when I moved in I only intended it to be for 6 months. Although it has been two years. Originally it wasn't so bad. Since the 6 months have ended I have always intended to move out so I have always thought well I'll just put up with it then go. However as I said I have lived here longer than intended so it would be worth me going to citizen's advice as I said.

The other issue is who is responsible. It is a house of multipt occupation with around 14 rooms. Now the rooms are rented individually not as a whole. If he rented the whole house to a group of people they would be responsible for cleaning it most of the time. However because he is renting it to individuals it's get complicated.  He could say it is the tennents responsibility to clean the bathrooms. However if he hasn't specified that in the contract it normally becomes the landlords responsibility by default. So it would be worth me trying to find the contract and then go to citezens advice.

Citizens Advice probably won't entertain it too much as you've all signed the contract to live there.

I think also it's just out of natural hygiene that you all take collective responsibility to ensure the cleanliness and condition of the bathroom whether you all rent as a group or individually.

If you're talking about maintenance and disrepair of the bathroom (mould, damp, large cracks in walls/ceilings, leaks) then yeah that's down to the landlord to replace. If it's come in to disrepair because no-one can be arsed to clean it it's not always going to be the landlord's fault.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Citizens Advice probably won't entertain it too much as you've all signed the contract to live there.

I think also it's just out of natural hygiene that you all take collective responsibility to ensure the cleanliness and condition of the bathroom whether you all rent as a group or individually.

If you're talking about maintenance and disrepair of the bathroom (mould, damp, large cracks in walls/ceilings, leaks) then yeah that's down to the landlord to replace. If it's come in to disrepair because no-one can be arsed to clean it it's not always going to be the landlord's fault.

One person can take responsibity. I do. But it's not my fault others don't. Most places like this have a cleaner that comes once a fortnight or so for that reason. People aren't going to clean up after other people so it just gets worse and worse.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One person can take responsibity. I do. But it's not my fault others don't. Most places like this have a cleaner that comes once a fortnight or so for that reason. People aren't going to clean up after other people so it just gets worse and worse.

Might be a stupid question and I presume you have, but have you contacted your landlord about it?

As you said, best to check your TA/contract about terms of cleaning and if there's even anything in there to pay for a cleaner as part of the rent.

I still think you're better of going to Environmental Services/Environmental Health as opposed to CAB.

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Might be a stupid question and I presume you have, but have you contacted your landlord about it?

As you said, best to check your TA/contract about terms of cleaning and if there's even anything in there to pay for a cleaner as part of the rent.

I still think you're better of going to Environmental Services/Environmental Health as opposed to CAB.

I haven't no because I know he will say it is our problem. I think I'll look in the contract and then go to citizens advice and then depending on what they say go to environmental services. I probably didn't explain that well actually I didn't mean I was gonna go to citezens advice only.

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Steady as we go, increasing spending and not increasing the coffers, at least the Labour Party are trying something drastic, instead of the slow decline the nation is on... Child poverty at 40%, the largest rise in poverty since Thatcher, enjoy your personal wealth mate; you must be swimming in it; because the rest of the country isn't.

I'd tax corporations double that

Lol I understand I’m  still a bit undecided about my vote direction this coming Thursday.

I've obviously taken into consideration what I consider to be the following swaying points on the two main parties.

On the one hand the Conservative Boris Johnson is a bit of a rascal  with the ladies and can sometimes bend the truth a bit, he’s also a bit posh.

And on the other hand..

Labours Jeremy Corbyn Invited two IRA members to parliament two weeks after the Brighton bombing.
Attended Bloody Sunday commemoration with bomber Brendan McKenna.
Attended meeting with Provisional IRA member Raymond McCartney.
Hosted IRA linked Mitchell McLaughlin in parliament.
Spoke alongside IRA terrorist Martina Anderson.
Attended Sinn Fein dinner with IRA bomber Gerry Kelly.
Chaired Irish republican event with IRA bomber Brendan MacFarlane.
Attended Bobby Sands commemoration honouring IRA terrorists.
Stood in minute’s silence for IRA gunmen shot dead by the SAS.
Refused to condemn the IRA in Sky News interview.
Refused to condemn the IRA on Question Time.
Refused to condemn IRA violence in BBC radio interview.
Signed EDM after IRA Poppy massacre massacre blaming Britain for the deaths.
Arrested while protesting in support of Brighton bomber’s co-defendants.
Lobbied government to improve visiting conditions for IRA killers.
Attended Irish republican event calling for armed conflict against Britain.
Hired suspected IRA man Ronan Bennett as a parliamentary assistant.
Hired another aide closely linked to several convicted IRA terrorists.
Heavily involved with IRA sympathising newspaper London Labour Briefing.
Put up £20,000 bail money for IRA terror suspect Roisin McAliskey.
Didn’t support IRA ceasefire.
Said Hamas and Hezbollah are his “friends“.
Called for Hamas to be removed from terror banned list.
Called Hamas “serious and hard-working“.
Attended wreath-laying at grave of Munich massacre terrorist.
Attended conference with Hamas and PFLP.
Photographed smiling with Hezbollah flag.
Attended rally with Hezbollah and Al-Muhajiroun.
Repeatedly shared platforms with PFLP plane hijacker.
Hired aide who praised Hamas’ “spirit of resistance“.
Accepted £20,000 for state TV channel of terror-sponsoring Iranian regime.
Opposed banning Britons from travelling to Syria to fight for ISIS.
Defended rights of fighters returning from Syria.
Said ISIS supporters should not be prosecuted.
Compared fighters returning from Syria to Nelson Mandela.
Said the death of Osama Bin Laden was a “tragedy“.
Wouldn’t sanction drone strike to kill ISIS leader.
Voted to allow ISIS fighters to return from Syria.
Opposed shoot to kill.
Attended event organised by terrorist sympathising IHRC.
Signed letter defending Lockerbie bombing suspects.
Wrote letter in support of conman accused of fundraising for ISIS.
Spoke of “friendship” with Mo Kozbar, who called for destruction of Israel.
Attended event with Abdullah Djaballah, who called for holy war against UK.
Called drone strikes against terrorists “obscene”.
Boasted about “opposing anti-terror legislation”.
Said laws banning jihadis from returning to Britain are “strange”.
Accepted £5,000 donation from terror supporter Ted Honderich.
Accepted £2,800 trip to Gaza from banned Islamist organisation Interpal.
Called Ibrahim Hewitt, extremist and chair of Interpal, a “very good friend”.
Accepted two more trips from the pro-Hamas group PRC.
Speaker at conference hosted by pro-Hamas group MEMO.
Met Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh several times.
Hosted meeting with Mousa Abu Maria of banned group Islamic Jihad.
Patron of Palestine Solidarity Campaign – marches attended by Hezbollah.
Compared Israel to ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah and al-Qaeda.
Said we should not make “value judgements” about Britons who fight for ISIS.
Received endorsement from Hamas.
Attended event with Islamic extremist Suliman Gani.
Chaired Stop the War, who praised “internationalism and solidarity” of ISIS.
Praised Raed Salah, who was jailed for inciting violence in Israel.
Signed letter defending jihadist advocacy group Cage.
Met Dyab Jahjah, who praised the killing of British soldiers.
Shared platform with representative of extremist cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.
Compared ISIS to US military in interview on Russia Today.
Opposed proscription of Hizb ut-Tahrir.
Attended conference which called on Iraqis to kill British soldiers.
Attended Al-Quds Day demonstration in support of destruction of Israel.
Supported Hamas and ISIS-linked Viva Palestina group.
Attended protest with Islamic extremist Moazzam Begg.
Made the “case for Iran” at event hosted by Khomeinist group.  
Photographed smiling with Azzam Tamimi, who backed suicide bombings.
Photographed with Abdel Atwan, who sympathised with attacks on US troops.
Said Hamas should “have tea with the Queen”.
Attended ‘Meet the Resistance’ event with Hezbollah MP Hussein El Haj.
Attended event with Haifa Zangana, who praised Palestinian “mujahideen”.
Defended the infamous anti-Semitic Hamas supporter Stephen Sizer.
Attended event with pro-Hamas and Hezbollah group Naturei Karta.
Backed Holocaust denying anti-Zionist extremist Paul Eisen.
Photographed with Abdul Raoof Al Shayeb, later jailed for terror offences.
Mocked “anti-terror hysteria” while opposing powers for security services.
Named on speakers list for conference with Hamas sympathiser Ismail Patel.
Criticised drone strike that killed Jihadi John.
Said the 7/7 bombers had been denied “hope and opportunity”.
Said 9/11 was “manipulated” to make it look like bin Laden was responsible.
Failed to unequivocally condemn the 9/11 attacks.
Called Columbian terror group M-19 “comrades”.
Blamed beheading of Alan Henning on Britain.
Gave speech in support of Gaddafi regime.
Signed EDM spinning for Slobodan Milosevic.
Blamed Tunisia terror attack on “austerity”.
Voted against banning support for the IRA.
Voted against the Prevention of Terrorism Act three times during the Troubles.
Voted against emergency counter-terror laws after 9/11.
Voted against stricter punishments for being a member of a terror group.
Voted against criminalising the encouragement of terrorism.
Voted against banning al-Qaeda.
Voted against outlawing the glorification of terror.
Voted against control orders.
Voted against increased funding for the security services to combat terrorism.

So it’s a tricky one really...

• Administrator

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

"What are gods for if not to sit in judgment over men? The Many-Faced God does not weigh men's souls, however. He gives his gift to the best of men as he gives it to the worst."

Edited by Kowabunga
fix

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion