talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Don't want to derail this thread but that's a boring, done to death, lazy line of debate. Just because you don't like something doesn't make them fascists. Or because Guardian says so. 

And just because you do like certain people, it doesn't mean they aren't fascists. ;)

Hopefully the Hindutva movement can be drowned out of existence just like all violent fascist movements should be whether it's here in Britain or in Israel or in Russia or anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I can't see these "reports" being totally accurate or where they're even claiming to get their information from but why would Indians who aren't fascists be upset about any fascist government being criticised..? It'd be like people who aren't Tory supporters getting upset about Bernie Sanders calling Boris Johnson a mad, racist cunt. Wouldn't happen.

The right wing press really do love to peddle their bullshit. Whatever country.

There was a yougov poll of British Indians showing a big drop in support for Labour and a small drop in support for Tories with increase in support for Lib Dems. No real switch to Tory other than among Brexit voters.

Post election polling is usually better measurement as you can ask people what they did not want they will do. The latter always leads to enough "undecided" to change outcomes significantly.

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

And just because you do like certain people, it doesn't mean they aren't fascists. ;)

Hopefully the Hindutva movement can be drowned out of existence just like all violent fascist movements should be whether it's here in Britain or in Israel or in Russia or anywhere else.

Like I said before, boring, done to death, lazy argument. Carry on. 

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

There was a yougov poll of British Indians showing a big drop in support for Labour and a small drop in support for Tories with increase in support for Lib Dems. No real switch to Tory other than among Brexit voters.

Post election polling is usually better measurement as you can ask people what they did not want they will do. The latter always leads to enough "undecided" to change outcomes significantly.

Interesting. 

I read two reports here stating the possible change. Apparently concerns 40 seats. A large section of anger was largely due two attacks on the Indian embassy, where Labour politicians were involved - one during Diwali. And a genuine fear that Labour politicians are pandering more and more to British Pakistanis. 

India and Pakistan are both pretty troubled and unpleasant countries in many ways, I'd rather the UK didn't pander to either community or their prejudices and I find it deeply depressing that people would be voting for a party because of perceived ethnic bias etc. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

From BBC.

Hundreds of voters, believed to be students, have been left unable to vote in Wales after failing to register correctly.

As many as 200 invalid applications are understood to be from the Liberty Bridge student block in Cardiff.

Students received emails on Monday from Cardiff council saying their applications had not been registered because of incomplete addresses.

The authority said it had spent "considerable time" trying to contact those affected.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

India and Pakistan are both pretty troubled and unpleasant countries in many ways, I'd rather the UK didn't pander to either community or their prejudices and I find it deeply depressing that people would be voting for a party because of perceived ethnic bias etc. 

How much could pandering ethnic groups sway an election? I thought outside of the large cities that the UK was still largely a homogenous country.  For instance if I were to take a drive through the villages of Devonshire I'd largely see the typical Anglo-Saxon, correct?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is anyone staying up? I've done a day in school on an all nighter before and two of my four lessons are kids doing tests tomorrow, so I'm very tempted.

I'm providing Questions and Answers support at a morning workshop tomorrow, but that's it. So I'm tempted to stay up, go to client site and return home to sleep off the disappointment of another 5 years of Tory rule. 

• Administrator

I've strategically not got visits until the afternoon tomorrow so I do have scope to stay up as long as possible. Reports of a 'labour surge' are making me want to get the coffee beans out...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've strategically not got visits until the afternoon tomorrow so I do have scope to stay up as long as possible. Reports of a 'labour surge' are making me want to get the coffee beans out...

You have very smooth balls if that's what you call them 

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

How much could pandering ethnic groups sway an election? I thought outside of the large cities that the UK was still largely a homogenous country.  For instance if I were to take a drive through the villages of Devonshire I'd largely see the typical Anglo-Saxon, correct?

I believe it is estimated to have cost the Conservative party about 20-30 seats in 2017. Can't remember more detail than that I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Other countries don't exist to be useful to the UK...that's a bizarre way of thinking. Just because you can't fathom how people can care about people from another country, it doesn't mean they're faking it to "look like great humanitarians".

Also, why the random insult about Bristol? You know nothing about Bristol.

I spend a couple of days a month in Bristol have done for 3 years, nice city but the folk are a bit thick. Just lack common sense on the whole or a lack of what I would call “streetwise”. I appreciate that’s an intangible so it is just my opinion. If it make you feel better you can say Brummies are cunts!

Also you can’t gave it both ways in Israel someone has to lose out, unfortunately it’s the Palestinians so let’s just get on with it.

5 hours ago, Harvsky said:

If this is a symptom of something wrong it should be met with empathy and concern, not ridicule. 

Member of Parliament is just a job.

Not home security isn’t just a job though, it’s arguably more important than the chancellor. The protection of 64 million people rests on a women who is blatantly not fit for purpose. Hypothetically but let’s say we suffered a series of significant terror attacks and her lack of leadership will cost lives. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm pretty sure Fairy as well didn't like it when people got personal about Tory MPs xD 

Nope just the double standards of it’s ok to take the piss out of Tory but not labour. I say both are fair game. 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Hasn't that photo already been debunked?

Abbott is hated because of who and what she is, several politicians have made worse gaffes, been more dishonest etc. It's clear as day.

Nope was posted on Abbott’s own Instagram yesterday apparently, on twitter labour bots are pushing a photoshop agenda. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Because she's black.

Nothing to do with her being black, just to do with the fact she’s a moron. Nobody ever mentions black apart from people trying to deflect the shite going her way because she’s a clown. 

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Right wing voters falling for bullshit once again. This is new.

Interesting that shoe wearing policy somehow became an important issue when talking about which party to vote for... At least it's a change from the bigotry and the envy towards the needy receiving help.

See above both sides play dirty in modern politics. Or would you prefer I called you a lefty expletive is that more palatable? 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nothing to do with her being black, just to do with the fact she’s a moron. Nobody ever mentions black apart from people trying to deflect the shite going her way because she’s a clown

Are you genuinely saying no-one ever mentions the fact she's black when she receives shit loads of abuse?! 

Pretty sure I read recently there was research done in to the amount of abuse she gets in comparison to any other MP. Across a 6-month period she received more abuse online than the whole Tory party put together.

1*IeU6TmSLsL0SERhY_O5Dcg.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Not home security isn’t just a job though, it’s arguably more important than the chancellor. The protection of 64 million people rests on a women who is blatantly not fit for purpose. Hypothetically but let’s say we suffered a series of significant terror attacks and her lack of leadership will cost lives. 

Surrounded by spads and high ranking civil servants though. That's how ministers come and go so easily. Jack of all trades masters of none. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are you genuinely saying no-one ever mentions the fact she's black when she receives shit loads of abuse?! 

Pretty sure I read recently there was research done in to the amount of abuse she gets in comparison to any other MP. Across a 6-month period she received more abuse online than the whole Tory party put together.

1*IeU6TmSLsL0SERhY_O5Dcg.jpeg

Yeah I get that she gets that on Twitter but because some troll calls her the N word on Twitter she’s suddenly immune to criticism? 

Would you hire her to work as your assistant? 

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Surrounded by spads and high ranking civil servants though. That's how ministers come and go so easily. Jack of all trades masters of none. 

Yes but those departments still need leadership granted with some macavellian spad also pulling strings. 

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion