talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

• Administrator

Farage trying to take credit for Brexit getting done (whenever that is) despite his party getting fuck all xD. What an absolute ballbag he is.

Totally irrelevant to politics yet still gets a fuck load of airtime.

Just now, Stan said:

Farage trying to take credit for Brexit getting done (whenever that is) despite his party getting fuck all xD. What an absolute ballbag he is.

Well he played a blinder managing to convince a lot of people that UKIP and Brexit, and then his Brexit party, was not a fundamentally Tory project. 

Being a right wing party is easy as taking a piss. Don't have to work on helping the country at all as long as you capitalise on a culture that is extremely willing to blame everything on something they're ignorant and insecure of. Manipulation and smear campaigns is all you need.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

what are you on about?

Brag all you want and be all 'told you so' like an absolute smug wanker but plenty have said for ages, probably since referendum, that if Corbyn put up stronger opposition we wouldn't be in this state of such a large majority for Tories.

Lol 😘

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Brexit party not contesting Tory seats fucked the Lib Dem’s and their resurrection toppled May. 

31 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Forecast that the Labour seat in Grimsby, held for over 70 years, has a 99% chance of being Conservative. Fuck.

Get used to the good life 

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mark Francois just actually compared breaking the Labour 'red wall' to breaking down Berlin Wall in 1989. Wtf man.

It is an idealistic wall to break, this will change our politics. Now you will have Tory mps pushing agendas that their constituency’s require, Boris will be centralist I think

Aristotle once said that the problem with democracy is that people will vote for sweet shop owners over doctors because the sweet shop owners tell them what they want to hear 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Aristotle once said that the problem with democracy is that people will vote for sweet shop owners over doctors because the sweet shop owners tell them what they want to hear 

Not in this one, the sweet shop owner offered the nationalisation of sweets and 10% stake of the sweet manufacturing company and they still lost

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Not in this one, the sweet shop owner offered the nationalisation of sweets and 10% stake of the sweet manufacturing company and they still lost

No mate. Less it's straight. People wanna blame immigrants because they can't get a job. Johnson tells them it's immigrants fault you can't get a job. Johnson also told them brexit will be good for the country. A huge majority of PHD economists and business owners  don't. Instead of believing the most knowledgeable people people believed johnson and farage.

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

No mate. Less it's straight. People wanna blame immigrants because they can't get a job. Johnson tells them it's immigrants fault you can't get a job. Johnson also told them brexit will be good for the country. A huge majority of PHD economists and business owners  don't. Instead of believing the most knowledgeable people people believed johnson and farage.

Just got to let it play out mate. The Conservatives are going to win a majority and Brexit is coming, you'll have a better time giving it a chance and hoping it turns out better than you think than trying to get the toothpaste back into the tube.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Tbh this is so poorly laid out I’m utterly confused by it and have no response. Wtf

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Like rats fleeing a ship 😂

I've said Corbyn was a shite leader for Labour for years though - I didn't have to play the mental gymnastics some conservatives did once BoJo took control of the conservatives.

Definitely not the first time you've likened humans to rats and probably won't be the last time though.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just got to let it play out mate. The Conservatives are going to win a majority and Brexit is coming, you'll have a better time giving it a chance and hoping it turns out better than you think than trying to get the toothpaste back into the tube.

I know mate. I'm just annoyed because I've seen this bullshit happen. I worked as a labourer during the worst part of the recession. A lot of it was done through agencies. I was registered with 17 agencies. I use to ring them every morning to see if they had work. I'd speak to people who would only register with one and wait for them to ring them. A lot of eastern Europeans had the same attitude as me. That was why they got work ahead of English people at times. But yet these same people who never tried very hard to get work blamed immigration for not having a job. Its just annoys me that someone can appeal to people's own lazyness to make something happen that a huge majority of experts don't think is gonna benefit the country. And then he can become priminister.

• Subscriber

Swinson is irrelevant and has been since Labour backed a second referendum.

Labour have really messed this up, more scared of the Lib Dems taking their Remain voters and just expecting the Northern Leave seats to vote for them anyway. The Brexit party has made the difference up there, you can see it already in the results in the North East. The Tories are gaining some votes but only about a quarter of the ones Labour are losing. The rest are going to the Brexit Party.

The psychology is fascinating in a way because those that left Labour for Brexit Party dont mind the Tories taking the seat as long as they didn't personally vote for them even though they caused it by voting for BP.

Look at the positives, even if it's hard.

1) If you're convinced this is going to a disaster then there can be no ambiguity over where the blame lies and who pays the price at the next election when the Conservatives have such a commanding majority.

2) This disaster for Labour means they must have an absolute overhaul and try to find themselves an electable leader with less baggage. Corbyn was a risk and it hasn't paid off. It is confusing that he was such an asset electorally speaking in 2017 but a big problem now.

3) Farage is on to win no seats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion