talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

If anyone was wondering, this is what happens when you engage with the right wing keyboard warriors on Twitter. First I replied to The Core's tweet, they blocked me when my reply got the most likes of any of their actual followers. Then a guy replied calling me a bot and blocked me before I had a chance to reply 😂

Screenshot_20200525-235238_Twitter.thumb.jpg.4272b9bfeb1afce6e28f5e593a83782c.jpg

Got your back mate......

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Got your back mate......

I noticed you'd come to play 😂.

I got another bite this morning from someone who couldn't spell the #scummedia hashtag properly, tried to argue with me based on my low number of followers then deleted the tweet anyway and added me to a list (oh no).

Screenshot_20200526-084922_Twitter.thumb.jpg.e9e5156e7459ee1044c7f45354d1fe56.jpg

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I noticed you'd come to play 😂.

I got another bite this morning from someone who couldn't spell the #scummedia hashtag properly, tried to argue with me based on my low number of followers then deleted the tweet anyway and added me to a list (oh no).

Screenshot_20200526-084922_Twitter.thumb.jpg.e9e5156e7459ee1044c7f45354d1fe56.jpg

It’s a common theme. Can’t even get knots right ffs. Just switched to my alt account. Not difficult.

7999320B-1A0B-452D-8298-62EE477A6141.jpeg

36 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Resignation from a Cabinet Minister:

And he's actually had the human sense to see the reason why people are furious in that 6th paragraph.

People have suffered so much exactly because they have had to suppress their instincts to be there for their family, so to then offer that as an explanation for Cummings' behaviour, and to in fact say that he behaved correctly, is to tell them that they all suffered needlessly. 

• Administrator

Apparently Cummings produced a blog/report last year about infectious and contagious diseases. Not mentioning Coronavirus in them.

On his return to work in mid-April (after all this back and forth to Durham), he went back in to the reports/blogs and added Coronavirus in to them.

• Subscriber

He's such an odd little man. I hope the media which appear to have found a rare consensus on public interest which transcends their political bias look into this and give us the facts and detail on this too. It's a slim and obscure demographic of the population that knows he does shady stuff like this to make himself look like a mastermind.

• Administrator
Just now, Harvsky said:

I'm on the floor laughing at Nick Ferrari's interruption there :4_joy:

Gove clearly finds this all funny as well. Not sure what the end game with this is, perhaps to just wait it out.

Don't think this is going away any time soon mate! 

There's a big stronghold from the media (both sides of the spectrum) as well as prominent MPs. Not to mention the public.

It's honestly like they're taking the piss now. 

They've obviously given up on any cogent kind of justification, and if the idea is just to grit their teeth and wait it out, silence would make more sense than continually reminding everyone of how ridiculous their response is. 

• Subscriber

I'm still convinced they're over reaching but they have at least mobilised some of their rabid attack dogs to send death threats to bishops who spoke out in favour of honesty and actions that save lives over the weekend so at least they've achieved something.

• Subscriber

The worst thing about that one is Nick Ferrari chuckling like it's his old mate trying to convince him that he never snogged his girlfriend when they were at school together 40 years ago. You should have heard how different his tone was when he interviewed the head of one of the teaching unions a few weeks ago who came on to try and explain why there was anxiety about bringing more kids back to school. He accused teachers of not having a can do attitude, failing to acknowledge that every one of us had to relearn their jobs overnight to provide an education to their students whilst staffing schools throughout the lockdown including holidays and bank holidays, BUT besides the point.

This is a great rant from Alistair Campbell. Theres actually an 8 minute video on reddit of the full interview but he really eviscerated the government here. Obviously he's a Labour guy so pinch of salt and all that but a great rant all the same:

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The worst thing about that one is Nick Ferrari chuckling like it's his old mate trying to convince him that he never snogged his girlfriend when they were at school together 40 years ago. You should have heard how different his tone was when he interviewed the head of one of the teaching unions a few weeks ago who came on to try and explain why there was anxiety about bringing more kids back to school. He accused teachers of not having a can do attitude, failing to acknowledge that every one of us had to relearn their jobs overnight to provide an education to their students whilst staffing schools throughout the lockdown including holidays and bank holidays, BUT besides the point.

This is a great rant from Alistair Campbell. Theres actually an 8 minute video on reddit of the full interview but he really eviscerated the government here. Obviously he's a Labour guy so pinch of salt and all that but a great rant all the same:

I heard 'fucked it' xD 

Totally valid points to be honest. 

No doubt you'd get absolute morons calling him a 'loony leftard' or some shite like that because of their blind faith to Tories/Johnson/Cummings. 

• Administrator

Boris Johnson getting hammered in this Liaison Committee.

Yvette Cooper and Pete Wishart at the forefront of the hammering.

Johnson still answering in rhetoric and barely answering any questions. Yawn. 

Keeps repeating 'time to move on' over and over and also claims he has seen evidence that things said and printed about Cummings were false but does not wish to hand them over... He won't back down now he is in too deep but I don't believe that he should be able to suppress information.. He is the worst at being held accountable for his actions and I don't get how it's allowed to continue, Simply isn't good enough...

I think the truth is he would implode without Cummings there so is holding on for dear life in case it exposes him even more...