talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Where are these stories you're seeing about illegal immigrants being put up in hotels anyway xD. Your answer to avoiding kids starving is 'get a job'. You're hardly providing any solutions here are you? 

So you don't have the answer to the question. Shock. At least try and answer it? Maybe...? 

I'm not the one trying to forcing through legislation to stop kids getting food vouchers/free school meals? Are you sure you want to direct that accusation at me? You're better than that (I think). 

are you saying we do not put immigrants in hotels in this country stan. simple question. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

are you saying we do not put immigrants in hotels in this country stan. simple question. 

Your inability to answer a question is absolutely astounding. It's probably the best thing you can do on here. 

I'm out. 

8 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

my logic is if we had the means to home them. give them a job or feed them then why do we have homeless people. and kids starving in the UK. plus 99% of the people that get off the boats are fighting aged men. where are the women and children? why are these men not fighting for the country they came from. how many british men and women have fought and died for this country? why are these men not fighting for that country. 

This is peak Daily Mail Gammon.

• Upvote 4

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present exhibit A on why abortions should exist

Yep, and then those parents can just easily get jobs!!11

Problem solved! 

• Haha 1

Entirely believable. The main achievement of the last 5 years for Labour was managing to excite and motivate a large proportion of normally de-politicised people - young job market entrants, precarious workers, renters and the like - and get them voting and even campaigning. 

The party has thrown all of that work out the window in a vain attempt to undo a battle that was already lost, with a dying electorate. 

come on lads hands up now what one of you woke cunts is lily allen and which one is gary lineker. :rofl: anyway i just looked online and saw hundreds and hundreds of jobs going. maybe we take the jobs and the benefits bums and introduce to each other. :congrats:

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still waiting on proof that foreign criminals (it's changed from 'immigrants') are being put up in hotels for free but here we are...

seriously stan are you telling me that you really dont know that is going on. and entering the country illegally is a crime stan. and anyone that commits a crime is a criminal stan. but im sure you know this and didnt need me to tell you. 

I'm pretty certain  migrants are put in hotels while they are processed. If we didnt we wouldn't have any information on them.  They dont live there.  Other times they are kept in other places with terrible conditions. We have homeless people in this country but that doesn't mean we should turn around people that have been through some of the worst things imaginable. 

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm pretty certain  migrants are put in hotels while they are processed. If we didnt we wouldn't have any information on them.  They dont live there.  Other times they are kept in other places with terrible conditions. We have homeless people in this country but that doesn't mean we should turn around people that have been through some of the worst things imaginable. 

Yeah exactly.

They're both two humanitarian issues that probably should be better addressed by the government - but they're not really competing issues. Refugees should have a safe place to stay while they're processed. Homeless people need to have access to programs that help them get back on their feet (because, unfortunately, providing them with temporary housing often isn't enough - they're usually people who've got mental issues, crippling drug addiction, or both).

Honestly, I think it's a bit fucked up to say "no more refugees!" while we're very fucking culpable for the formation of ISIS and the aftermath of the Iraq invasion & what that meant for Iraq and Syria in the long run. Our tax money was spent in a way that directly contributed (and in many cases, like with our strong ties with Saudis who give arms and aid to Wahabi groups.... we still are contributing) to ruining the lives of people very far from us. The least we could do is provide some assistance to some of those who've fled due to the chaos we helped build up.

Just took this online test. Apparently I'm 88% liberal democrat, 87% green party. 75% labour and 48% conservative. Although it is a bit open to interpretation 

20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just took this online test. Apparently I'm 88% liberal democrat, 87% green party. 75% labour and 48% conservative. Although it is a bit open to interpretation 

Can't say something like that without giving us the link so we can all post our results too