talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

That Nadine Dorries doesn't half get on my tits as well.... Wanking Johnson off at every opportunity.. 

"There were more cheers than boos but that doesn't make a good headline" 

Tone deaf to the public mood.. just like the rest of the Boris Johnson arse lickers.. 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That Nadine Dorries doesn't half get on my tits as well.... Wanking Johnson off at every opportunity.. 

"There were more cheers than boos but that doesn't make a good headline" 

Tone deaf to the public mood.. just like the rest of the Boris Johnson arse lickers.. 

Sooner she vanishes off the face of the earth the better. Go back in the jungle and get eaten by a ravenous snake for all I care. 

• Subscriber

59/41 split.

Very damaging to be honest. They're going to get absolutely torn apart in the Wakefield and Tiverton by-elections in a couple of weeks as well.

It's going to be fun watching this tail spin for a bit longer. xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's going to be fun watching this tail spin for a bit longer. xD

Pretty much the only positive out of this whole debacle, if ever there was one.

Amusing watching his supporting MPs squirm under the questioning. Constant rhetoric of 'getting Brexit done' (thought he had got the job done already?' and focusing on moving on (but how?!). 

Lot of time before now and the next GE but I really, really, really hope they continue to work their way to absolute fucking humiliation and annihilation in the polls.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pretty much the only positive out of this whole debacle, if ever there was one.

Amusing watching his supporting MPs squirm under the questioning. Constant rhetoric of 'getting Brexit done' (thought he had got the job done already?' and focusing on moving on (but how?!). 

Lot of time before now and the next GE but I really, really, really hope they continue to work their way to absolute fucking humiliation and annihilation in the polls.

It's not actually funny that people in serious need of a normal government have to go without one for even longer but you have to try to enjoy Johnson's suffering at least because he really, really deserves it.

As for the Brexit thing, yes, I've heard about 50 "he delivered Brexit"s today and about 50 "they'll stop Brexit if we oust Boris" as well. Not at all contradictory. But this lot are so bereft of actual ideas or genuine accomplishments to talk about beside getting the vaccines out a few weeks before the EU that it's all they've got left to recycle the disingenuous slogans from three years ago that got them in in the first place. They can campaign (by lying mostly) but they can't govern for shit, it's actually embarrassing how fundamentally dysfunctional they are as operators before you lay a finger on their awful politics.

They said he would probably win it regardless.. It was obviously too much to ask that they do the right thing by the public. The margin of the victory is the telling point for his future prospects though... Sad that they don't have faith in anyone else to take over from him which shows what a poor position they are in really so now they are propping up someone who is clearly unfit for the role.. Totally incompetent leadership but he will try and spin it as a resounding victory and will be telling everyone that he will now get on delivering what the public want.. His head on a plate is what we want and I would  think that's becoming all to obvious now but we won't get that now will we... not for a while at least

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I feel like our country is becoming abit embarrassing to be honest. A prime minister shouldn't survive something like this 

He won't. This has been obvious since Partygate started in December. We just have a PM currently who doesn't know when it's all over and will do anything to buy another week or month or three more days. He believes that the cult of Boris Johnson can always win people back around even from an impossible position if he just keeps himself in the game. 

The unspoken rules and standards of UK governance have always worked fine in these scenarios before because past leaders have had the decency and self awareness to step aside when it becomes clear their time is up. This guy doesn't have that though. Whether the rules of politics return to the norm and show him up as an exception, though, I'm not sure. It's possible the levers of accountability like the ministerial code and the electoral commission might need shoring up and setting in stone a bit more after he finally fucks off to stop the next horrendous moron from staying in office as far past his or her sell by date as he has.

54 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I feel like our country is becoming abit embarrassing to be honest. A prime minister shouldn't survive something like this 

Well, you are the America of Europe after all. 

This idiot is as see through as a pint glass... 

Boris Johnson told broadcasters: "I think this is a very good result for politics and for the country." He added it was "a convincing result, a decisive result, and what it means is that as a Government we can move on and focus on the stuff that I think really matters to people".

They have no viable replacement candidate that has a strong enough personality to deal with the current challenges. 

The two leading voices for the other camp were both in the Remain faction that may consequences that later on. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Waylander said:

They have no viable replacement candidate that has a strong enough personality to deal with the current challenges. 

The two leading voices for the other camp were both in the Remain faction that may consequences that later on. 

I thought the Tories had 'got Brexit done' though?

Boris Johnson really should step aside. But I suspect he somehow sees it all as some part of his character led sales pitch.

I'm not sure the 'Brexit' thing is going anywhere any time soon. It is obviously a problematic aspect of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland. That was not entirely stable anyway.

If anyone hasn't yet noticed & realised, it is all too easy to replace UK & EU with CoE or Protestant & Catholic. The Irish peace process is near 1 & the same with Irish reunification. I'm not at all against it, but it will always place an oddly unique burden on the Irish of the North who are of the Protestant, or UK line. With their most 'reliable' allies the overly UK patriotic English right & the who cares as long as it seems democratic American right. For the Irish who arguably have the longest recent history of being open internationalists.

It is a mess. It is embarrassing. It is an unseemly spectacle that had just faded somewhat in recent years. But much like the Russia, it had never been entirely resolved.

Timing is a strange thing.

I think if Trump had of won the last election then Northern Ireland would not have been so much a problem yet the wheels have turned and now we have a US govt hostile to British allegiance in Ulster. 

Strangely independence noise north of Hadrian's wall has gone quiet, now I know Nicola is supposed to have COV-ID yet just the other day the BBC announced a poll suggesting most Scots wanted to stay in the UK. Now a poll can be biased or skewed yet never thought the financial numbers added up to a cushy landing for Scottish independence more a struggle for those that lived though it for a generation.

The UK Game of Thrones continues........