talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

This made me laugh... 

jwplayer-thumbnail-2642510.jpg

Ian Blackford called Boris Johnson a "lame duck" prime minister and said that 41 per cent of Tory MPs were backing him in calling for his resignation.

The SNP leader said that when he had previously been met with a "wall of noise" in the House of Commons when he called for the PM to step down he initially thought Tory MPs were shouting him down.

"All this time, it turns out that 41 per cent of them have actually been cheering me on," Blackford said.

xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

The Home Office cancels the first flight of deportations to Rwanda because the ECHR managed to make enough of a case against every individual deportation leaving the flight empty.

It isn't news that this is a horrible, tinpot government who try to appeal to their base by being cruel to vulnerable asylum seekers but it's also another example of their embarrassing incompetence that they just tried to "strong man" this out after being warned it was an illegal scheme and now they've just got egg on their face. 

It just gets worse doesn't it.

This whole idea of sending people escaping from France onto Rwanda is something we can only be seen as the bad guys in. Especially given the nation's dubious hidden history of relocating people.

The whole drama over getting goods into Northern Ireland, for use in Northern Ireland.. I can't help but partly think there is a point there, but from day 1 there were more people pulling for outcomes the non Unionists want, this Government were being this Government, and we will just constantly be seen as the bad guys, until a United Ireland is in the EU as 1 full entity.

If Scotland do their exit & get back to the EU, then Britain will not be any easier than Ireland.

Australia & New Zealand I think are willing to do trade deals. With anyone. English. British. European.

The Rwanda plan is depressing, there really are no lengths the conservative party won't go through to appear tough on immigration whilst trying to fuck over somebody because they're not the right type of immigrant for this country.

Apparently we asked people to open their doors to Ukrainian refugees as B&B accommodation is choked up with over 50,000 that have made it here across the channel.

Over 80% are young men.

I know in my area there are three Permier Inns that have been constructed up in the last few years, we are not a tourist destination.

Anyone know a good solution to the issue?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Apparently we asked people to open their doors to Ukrainian refugees as B&B accommodation is choked up with over 50,000 that have made it here across the channel.

Over 80% are young men.

I know in my area there are three Permier Inns that have been constructed up in the last few years, we are not a tourist destination.

Anyone know a good solution to the issue?

Funny how we 'open our doors' to Ukrainian refugees, but aren't asked to do so for refugees that have brown skin i.e. Afghani/Syrian/Iraqi etc...

• Upvote 1

On 16/06/2022 at 15:06, Stan said:

Funny how we 'open our doors' to Ukrainian refugees, but aren't asked to do so for refugees that have brown skin i.e. Afghani/Syrian/Iraqi etc...

Well we let Asians stay here when Idi Amin went all nationalist in Uganda and we also forced 250k Belgians to go home a couple of years after WWI finished.

Lets also not forget in the North the collusion between Labour MPs and local police to hush-up rapes of English school girls by groups of Asian men. 

So far no vigilante gangs yet it will certainty affect how some people vote going forward.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Lets also not forget in the North the collusion between Labour MPs and local police to hush-up rapes of English school girls by groups of Asian men. 

Any evidence to back this up?

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Any evidence to back this up?

Well initially only from the Red tops and still is.

The Guardian won't touch it and I doubt whether the Time or Telegraph will too.

However occasionally I watch the Daily BBC politics show hosted by Jo Coburn and I guess 18 months ago Jo Coburn was questioning someone, don't think MP or police think it was the CPS and asking if this was a racially motivated crime, as there had been a number of cases in different locations.

The CPS chap said he could not answer the racial crime point though they would look into it and determine if so what action should be taken.

There are still people being prosecuted for this type of thing yet only the Red Tops carry the story though they carry they names of those being prosecuted for this type of crime. If they are wrong on this they open themselves up for libel.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Waylander said:

Well initially only from the Red tops and still is.

The Guardian won't touch it and I doubt whether the Time or Telegraph will too.

However occasionally I watch the Daily BBC politics show hosted by Jo Coburn and I guess 18 months ago Jo Coburn was questioning someone, don't think MP or police think it was the CPS and asking if this was a racially motivated crime, as there had been a number of cases in different locations.

The CPS chap said he could not answer the racial crime point though they would look into it and determine if so what action should be taken.

There are still people being prosecuted for this type of thing yet only the Red Tops carry the story though they carry they names of those being prosecuted for this type of crime. If they are wrong on this they open themselves up for libel.

So in short, no evidence at all. You'll spout it anyway though.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Neither of those articles mention anything about Labour MPs conspiring with police to cover it up.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I didn't look to find thought it would be too old yet here is one article

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/30/rotherham-girls-could-have-been-spared-ann-cryer

I thought your claim was that Labour MPs colluded with authorities to cover up these crimes. This article describes a Labour MP who tried their hardest to sort it out, not cover it up.

To be fair she tried to do something it is the others that threw up roadblocks or did not want to know.

In 2002 after raising this she was, 'shunned by elements of her own party'

As she says 'Why won't Yorkshire police or social services do anything about it?'

What MPs from similar areas would say was she so brave in raising this yet only privately.

Dennis McShane the former MP of Rotherham admitted he did not do enough about this, 'I think there was a culture of not wanting to rock the multicultural community boat'.

A lot of working class Brits that used to support Labour now feel they have become the party of minority interests. 

19 hours ago, Waylander said:

A lot of working class Brits that used to support Labour now feel they have become the party of minority interests. 

Not sure how the topic got here.. but, the 1s you refer to would basically be the right wing working class. The lost red wall voters. The 1s that feel done over by the perceived white European immigrant influx.

Labour was originally about representing the under represented. i.e. A political party for the working class. And obviously minority groups would have perhaps easily found home with the more socially left parties.

The slightly odd thing I tend to notice is that MPs like Rishi Sunak & Priti Patel are derided as some kind of race traitors, which seems to me equally as odd as anything the apparently anti minorities, right wing inclined, white working class could do.

While the Lib Dems, as the much more clearly defined middle to upper class regions left option vs the Conservative right, do seem mostly white Brits. Oddly more so than the allegedly racist Conservatives.

In itself it's probably likely a high portion of ethnic minorities would find home with Labour, purely as working class. But the left-right divide of white voters seems less confused among the wealthy. I think that's perhaps the class-race point of curiosity, if there is 1.

• Upvote 1

I think it's wrong to look at racism as a left wing v. right wing thing, tbh. I know it's easy to do that when some politicians are much more openly saying racist or xenophobic stuff than others... but it's not really accurate. There's a lot of immigrant communities that are probably a lot more conservative leaning than we'd probably first think & there's a lot of racist/xenophobic/bigoted views that are weirdly common among large swaths of the population regardless of anyone's political leanings.

• Upvote 3