talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Why does nobody ever ask them who's going to do the (often essential) minimum wage jobs if their expectation is for everyone to just move into the careers that pay better?

Interesting thing is my dad who is a lifelong conservative and  ever admits he is wrong has said they are a mess at the moment. Says something when people like him admit it 

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

You can like them, support them, agree with them etc. But I'd never really trust any politician. 

Yeah, probably the worst kind of people you can trust tbh.

18 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@CaaC (John) @Bluewolf I don't mean this in a piss taking way. Have you guys ever seen a worse British government than what we have at the moment? 

I'm neither of them, but surely Thatcher is up there.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, probably the worst kind of people you can trust tbh.

I'm neither of them, but surely Thatcher is up there.

I did read that Thatcher is regarded highly by scholars. Generally I think it's good to go along with expert opinion but I'm sure most of them must he conservative if they think that. 

It seems the Tory party are in danger of imploding.

the 150,000 Tory members have delivered to the nation Truss who is an ideologue though she has backtracked a little due to market reaction to her mini-budget on the 45% tax banding yet all is not well at the Tory Party Conference.

Now the markets have calmed a little yet by lowering income tax costing £13bn in lost tax revenue and £8bn expenditure to soften the fuel bill without means the markets might attack again at any time.

She is in danger of losing her party, it almost seems like post Thatcher.

22 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Although I'm a labour voter I do think alot of then are still selfish bastards. The only ones I really trust are the green party 

I don't think the Green Party are credible though seem to have good intentions.

With an official population of 65m and unofficially probably 75m we can't feed ourselves and do not have enough fuel.

So we cosy up to the US and provide canon fodder once in a while to support their adventures while they provide muscle in historic sites of interest we probably could not if it came to an emergency.

Recently a senior Chinese general made a comment aimed at the Australians, remember you are just colonial settlers from a time when European power was strong. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Suella Braverman seems like a complete disaster.

Priti Patel's moral compass with more ambition. She was Attorney General under Johnson because she was the only one with little enough shame to be qualified in matters of law yet publicly support the breaking of international law over the Northern Irish border issue, and support him staying on as PM after being fined by the police for lockdown breaches, etc. Another empty bag of ambition who will simply say or do whatever she thinks she needs to to climb the greasy pole.

Just looked back on national debt,

The year before COV-ID in 2018 the debt ratio was 85% of GDP

now it is 94% of GDP, this is why the markets are concerned about Trust's borrowing for things like fuel subsidies.

To give a comparison Greek debt is about 188% over GDP and Italy about 134% over.

Greece has been kept afloat by the ECB buying its bonds to keep the economy afloat, no investors will buy Greek debt.

It remains to be seen whether Italy will be able to avoid a similar fate.

• Administrator

In today's soap opera episode of UK politics, Kwarteng has returned from US to be sacked as chancellor, while senior Tories are hoping Truss is close to following him out of the door... 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

In today's soap opera episode of UK politics, Kwarteng has returned from US to be sacked as chancellor, while senior Tories are hoping Truss is close to following him out of the door... 

I don't think I have ever seen such a clusterfuck in all my life.. The way they are blundering from one fuck up to another is absolutely astonishing..  

Just now, Gunnersaurus said:

I did ask you whether you had seen such a bad government in your lifetime. 

Did you??? apologies mate. I get a lot of notifications I don't get to respond to when I am on shift so must have slipped through the net, For me this is the worst I have known it but then you don't take too much notice of the details of politics when you are younger so apart from Thatcher's run this is by far and away the worst government I have known... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Did you??? apologies mate. I get a lot of notifications I don't get to respond to when I am on shift so must have slipped through the net, For me this is the worst I have known it but then you don't take too much notice of the details of politics when you are younger so apart from Thatcher's run this is by far and away the worst government I have known... 

Does that go back to when guy fawks tried to blow them up 😂

Edited by Gunnersaurus
  • Haha 1

For me Bojo had the plan to reduce the debt by raising national insurance and corporation tax.

The markets like us reducing the debt to GDP ratio, Truss with the backing of the majority of the 150,000 members has decided she has the perfect recipe for growth and we can pay less tax.

It is not surprising the markets do not like it.

150k members are not the same as Middle England either she wises up or probably a hung parliament next time around. 

Edited by Waylander

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

This is the only thing I care about in UK politics. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Mouser_to_the_Cabinet_Office

Arguably one of the greatest sentences ever documented: 

Despite other cats having served Downing Street, the first one to be given the official title of Chief Mouser by the British government was Larry in 2011.

• Haha 1