talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Great to know the current PM has his priorities straight! 

Don't worry about fixing the economy or the NHS which is literally at breaking point. 

Not really even close to the worst thing he's ever said or done, tbh.

I do think it's funny because I'm fairly certain tories play a large part in why education absolutely must be funded more, maths or otherwise. But I don't think there's so much wrong with this - I think all first world nations should be doing more to promote education, particularly with maths and science. Having said that, I'm not so sure he's actually going to implement anything that actually boosts maths education in the UK. That requires increasing funding for education. I'm fairly certain he doesn't want to increase government spending for anything. So I have no idea how he'd plan on accomplishing this goal.

Fixing the NHS should probably be the #1 priority of any British leader right now. But with tories in charge, you've always got to be concerned about whether or not they actually care to do that - because quite a few of them push privitisation (which imo would be an absolute fucking disaster). So there's that.

There's no quick fix for the economy either. Things like Brexit, COVID, the impacts of the Ukraine invasion... they all play a factor in why the economy is the way it is. Low growth and rising costs are something that pretty much every country in the world is struggling with right now. I think his plan is just raising taxes while lowering spending to try to stabilise things. I wouldn't expect him to do anything else tbh - he's a fiscal conservative. I don't really think those sorts of policies are good for creating economic growth, personally... but it's probably the least harmful thing a tory government can do in times like these.

There's stuff a government can do to promote economic growth... but realistically, we're not going to see that from tories - especially not in this era of ineptitude.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not heard anything about it, most departure taxes are charged on the airline and built into ticket prices though.

UK is the only place that has taxed me so highly using a flight credit or reward miles

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

What a cunt!!!

This affects poorer people worse. People will not go to the gp of they have to pay for appointments which could mean important issues are missed.

The issues with the NHS have gradually got worse since the conservatives have been in power. I've been having mental health treatment for years. You use to be able to get 12 therapy sessions. Now you can only get 6. There are other issues in the NHS apart from funding but it is a big part of it. 

Edited by Gunnersaurus
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

when dutchess Doolittle dumps the air head he has literally given her the ammo to wreck him for life.   His book avers to his drug and booze shithousery which in a California Court so see he get custody of the kids, he will have to be subjected to tests and supervised visits,  then there is the child support.   I think it's time for the monarch and the British people to cut him off before the grifter finds a way to humiliate the British people because of some "spare".

Hollywood is rejecting them because they fear dutchess and her stooge will spill any bit of infidelity in private conversations, for a buck.   

7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

when dutchess Doolittle dumps the air head he has literally given her the ammo to wreck him for life.   His book avers to his drug and booze shithousery which in a California Court so see he get custody of the kids, he will have to be subjected to tests and supervised visits,  then there is the child support.   I think it's time for the monarch and the British people to cut him off before the grifter finds a way to humiliate the British people because of some "spare".

Hollywood is rejecting them because they fear dutchess and her stooge will spill any bit of infidelity in private conversations, for a buck.   

As if that would be a reason for the film industry to reject them. The opposite is true.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As if that would be a reason for the film industry to reject them. The opposite is true.

I'm sure there are other reasons involved, they are not very good money makers and people are bored of "one sided docuseries".   

Megan as a motion picture actress is probably a dead dream for her.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Bloody hell xDxD 

I think you've jumped a few steps here without actually any substance. 

On 23/01/2023 at 03:37, OrangeKhrush said:

The royal family is more celeb news than political news. The original Kardashians.

No good reason to give a shit what that group of spoiled morons thinks

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The royal family is more celeb news than political news. The original Kardashians.

No good reason to give a shit what that group of spoiled morons thinks

I agree since the death of Diana it went rather low key until the Harry Meg wedding.

I heard something along the lines of Iran executing a British/Irani citizen based on things Harry said in his book, there was no moral dilemma there, instead it got ignored.

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I agree since the death of Diana it went rather low key until the Harry Meg wedding.

I heard something along the lines of Iran executing a British/Irani citizen based on things Harry said in his book, there was no moral dilemma there, instead it got ignored.

I think the most recent dual citizen of both the UK & Iran was a guy who was formerly in the Iranian government. They said he was a spy, but if he wasn’t they killed one of their own - given that the IRI is arguably the most idiotic government in the world, I hope they’re wrong. And if they’re wrong, I agree - no moral dilemma. Just one monster getting sent to death by other monsters.

55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the most recent dual citizen of both the UK & Iran was a guy who was formerly in the Iranian government. They said he was a spy, but if he wasn’t they killed one of their own - given that the IRI is arguably the most idiotic government in the world, I hope they’re wrong. And if they’re wrong, I agree - no moral dilemma. Just one monster getting sent to death by other monsters.

Iran is very questionable