talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

On 13/01/2021 at 18:57, RandoEFC said:

A 6% drop off from the pre-Covid GDP would set us back to about 2015. The hit to GDP in the first half of 2020 caused by the initial wave of Covid was not far off 20% if that helps put things into perspective. We won't end up knowing what the real impact of Brexit ends up being to be fair because Covid has been a much larger economic shock and the effects will be mixed together over the next few years. 

I think part of the problem is brexiteers will just say any damage to the economy if from covid. Some people will day it doesn't matter we are out. However I personally think we will rejoin the eu one day and that may cause a delay in it. Also if evidence shows that we were better of in the eu it may help stop a potential rise of the far right. So for me it is important people know

• Subscriber

Bailey gets the baseline Tory vote doesn't he. There was talk a few months back they'd move him aside for another candidate but they know they can't get Khan out anyway so they're probably just letting Bailey run his course and taking the bonus of being able to say they had a BAME candidate for Mayor of London for the next time they need to prove how diverse the modern Conservative party is.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'm amazed Bailey gets that much of a vote considering his comments about the homeless the other day. Something about they should just save for a house deposit xD 

Madness. He makes a lot of pull yourself up by the bootstraps comments which is a bit mad seeing as he was a social worker and so you’d think he’d be aware of how flawed the system is

17 hours ago, LFCMike said:

On the one hand, I sympathise with them because they were lied to. They were lied to constantly, pretty much any time they’d watch the news there’d be some Brexiteer cunt lying about how great it would be for the fishing industry. And they were certainly the loudest voice on the issue.

But they weren’t the only voice. So on the other hand, it just shows there’s a whole lot of people that went along with lies without looking more into what the fuck Brexit was doing for their particular industry. They could have been a loud voice in protecting themself against self-serving twats like Farage. Instead they went along with the bullshit and now they’re reaping what they sow.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I would say 'you couldn't make this shit up' but some of us probably could.

Utterly shameless. 

I am old enough not to get involved with Politics anymore.  I have endured years and years of listening to self-opinioned liars who are interested in whatever improves their own position without caring a damn about the rest of us - the days of Nye Bevan and David Steele are long gone - I spent the first two nights of my square bashing at Padgate being told that the prat in No 10 - a guy named Eden - had just invaded Egypt and that we were 'going there on Friday'.  Lately Johnson, Gove and Trump have exceeded all that the rest tried to do, but I am too old to let it bother me in the least - other than to try and help the younger ones get sorted if they need anything. Whatever those 'in charge' do, the world will somehow come through it all and the rest of us will - hopefully - survive and get over the present problems, but I fear for a lot of young guys I know who have yet to get their first job - and god knows from where that will come.  I still try and stick to my wish to all - young and old - simply

sei nett

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

British businesses like the one in the below video were planning on expanding in Britain, now cancelling those plans and setting up in Europe instead

I seem to remember a certain Dr. Gonzo saying shit like this would happen. Shame to be right so emphatically about something that’s going to affect the jobs and livelihood of so many people in the UK.

I’ve noticed a lot of people who were big on Brexit are now either pretending they never voted to leave or that nobody ever warned them about all of the reasons not to vote to leave (they were warned though, they just laughed it off as project fear).

This many people voting like idiots is only useful if people learn from their mistakes. So it’s a bit disheartening seeing these people can continue to remove themselves from reality and now pretend they had nothing to do with Brexit.

On 26/01/2021 at 16:34, Dr. Gonzo said:

I seem to remember a certain Dr. Gonzo saying shit like this would happen. Shame to be right so emphatically about something that’s going to affect the jobs and livelihood of so many people in the UK.

I’ve noticed a lot of people who were big on Brexit are now either pretending they never voted to leave or that nobody ever warned them about all of the reasons not to vote to leave (they were warned though, they just laughed it off as project fear).

This many people voting like idiots is only useful if people learn from their mistakes. So it’s a bit disheartening seeing these people can continue to remove themselves from reality and now pretend they had nothing to do with Brexit.

Had I known, Cheshire Cheese was going to pull the plug on  a whopping £1m deal in somewhere I don't live, to somewhere else I don't live, 

I might not have voted leave. Thats a brutal blow for us all :69_zzz:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Moon Monkey said:

Had I known, Cheshire Cheese was going to pull the plug on  a whopping £1m deal in somewhere I don't live, to somewhere else I don't live, 

I might not have voted leave. Thats a brutal blow for us all :69_zzz:

I love how Brexiters defence of their great project stopped becoming "things are going to be so much better" about 5 minutes after the referendum result and now they just point out the things that they can say "at least it isn't that much worse" or more often now, simply "I don't care if it doesn't affect me". I sincerely hope it doesn't affect the jobs of you, your kids or your grandkids.

This vaccines debacle must be like four Christmases come at once for Brexiters, because that's how many Christmases have passed since the referendum before something that actually demonstrates one benefit, in exceptional circumstances, of leaving the EU.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I love how Brexiters defence of their great project stopped becoming "things are going to be so much better" about 5 minutes after the referendum result and now they just point out the things that they can say "at least it isn't that much worse" or more often now, simply "I don't care if it doesn't affect me". I sincerely hope it doesn't affect the jobs of you, your kids or your grandkids.

This vaccines debacle must be like four Christmases come at once for Brexiters, because that's how many Christmases have passed since the referendum before something that actually demonstrates one benefit, in exceptional circumstances, of leaving the EU.

When do you think all the crying over Brexit will stop Rando?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

When do you think all the crying over Brexit will stop Rando?

Is there a book with all of these catchphrases for Brexiters to use whenever they get challenged for laughing off the fact that what they voted for is making other people's lives worse?

This one doesn't even work either. If Brexit is so great then a. why are people crying about it and b. why do people like you not like it being talked about?

I'm not "crying" over Brexit, but I still think it was a bad idea and it does make me angry when I read about people across the UK struggling because of it, and then the people voting for it showing a complete lack of empathy for those its impacted after voting for it to happen. 

If you voted for Brexit because you thought it would make life better for your compatriots then surely you should be the one crying about the British fishing industry and Cheshire Cheese and those who need to import wine from Europe seeing their businesses decimated overnight because of it?

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is there a book with all of these catchphrases for Brexiters to use whenever they get challenged for laughing off the fact that what they voted for is making other people's lives worse?

This one doesn't even work either. If Brexit is so great then a. why are people crying about it and b. why do people like you not like it being talked about?

I'm not "crying" over Brexit, but I still think it was a bad idea and it does make me angry when I read about people across the UK struggling because of it, and then the people voting for it showing a complete lack of empathy for those its impacted after voting for it to happen. 

If you voted for Brexit because you thought it would make life better for your compatriots then surely you should be the one crying about the British fishing industry and Cheshire Cheese and those who need to import wine from Europe seeing their businesses decimated overnight because of it?

Is there a book for Remainers taking a Sanctimonious position now we have left?

Were you crying for the fishing industry while we were in The EU? Or only now, as you can use it as a weapon, since it was used to get a deal?

Cry me a river.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Is there a book for Remainers taking a Sanctimonious position now we have left?

Were you crying for the fishing industry while we were in The EU? Or only now, as you can use it as a weapon, since it was used to get a deal?

Cry me a river.

Is there ever a time where we can talk about any disadvantages of Brexit? Or is it now that it's done, we must never speak of it again unless it's positive news?