talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

Just now, RandoEFC said:

The whole 'asylum seekers stopping in the first safe country' argument is actually insane. Just pause for a second and actually think about what that would look like in South and South East Europe.

they have to go through france to get to england. why not stay in france. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i know people on benefits that do fine and i know some that dont. the ones that do fine spend the money where it should go. the others i see have people dropping weed off or are in the local shops buying beer. 

Totally proved my point then.

Pointless debating with you or having any kind of conversation with you.

Just now, Stan said:

Totally proved my point then.

Pointless debating with you or having any kind of conversation with you.

so does a single mum with 3 kids get less money where you live than where i live. also why dont the people that are starving get a job instead. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

they have to go through france to get to england. why not stay in france. 

More of them stay in France than come to the UK, and that was the case long before Brexit too. Why should we not do our bit just because of geography?

You and I are lucky enough to have been born in a rich, developed country with endless opportunity. Others have completely different circumstances through no fault of their own. The lives of an overwhelming majority of the population aren't impacted at all by immigrants, mine certainly never has been. I doubt yours has either although I might be incorrect.

We have one of the biggest economies in the world, it's not unreasonable in the 21st century that we should be expected to take a little bit extra strain to help people less fortunate than ourselves.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

More of them stay in France than come to the UK, and that was the case long before Brexit too. Why should we not do our bit just because of geography?

You and I are lucky enough to have been born in a rich, developed country with endless opportunity. Others have completely different circumstances through no fault of their own. The lives of an overwhelming majority of the population aren't impacted at all by immigrants, mine certainly never has been. I doubt yours has either although I might be incorrect.

We have one of the biggest economies in the world, it's not unreasonable in the 21st century that we should be expected to take a little bit extra strain to help people less fortunate than ourselves.

but my point is we should only look after other people when we sort out our own people. we cant be having homeless people on the streets and have illegal immigrants living in hotels that shit aint right. stan likes to point out that kids in britain are starving so why dont we put them in a hotel and pay for them. also my point is if people on benefits have starving kids why dont they get a job. 

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yes (well I voted for my local Labour MP at the time more than Corbyn) but what does it matter? The current Prime Minister is a known liar and adulterer, this is a matter of fact and record, not an opinion. It shames me to see him elevated to the highest office in the land and represent us on the world stage because I care about the UK and believe the country is better than him. I'm optimistic that one day we'll see sense again and choose someone with integrity and honesty as our leader, be it a Labour or Conservative leader. Johnson's tenure and a lot of our domestic and foreign policy under his government won't be looked back on kindly.

Any videos?

• Haha 3

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

but my point is we should only look after other people when we sort out our own people. we cant be having homeless people on the streets and have illegal immigrants living in hotels that shit aint right. stan likes to point out that kids in britain are starving so why dont we put them in a hotel and pay for them. also my point is if people on benefits have starving kids why dont they get a job. 

What do you do to help the homeless or starving kids?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

well i look after my own kids and if we all did that we would not have any starving kids. and as for the homeless nothing more than paying my taxes and i would be happy if my tax money put the homeless in a hotel with free food and a room. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

you still never got back to me with an answer to why the people with starving kids dont get a job. if benefits are at the point where kids are starving let the parents get a job. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

well i look after my own kids and if we all did that we would not have any starving kids. and as for the homeless nothing more than paying my taxes and i would be happy if my tax money put the homeless in a hotel with free food and a room. 

Again, so basic.  I feel sorry for your children if this is legit and genuinely how you feel about people who might not be better off and actually struggling. My guess is that you've never actually experienced the struggle or at least been exposed to those that do suffer. You're just happy to generalise and look down on them. 'Just get a job'. Yeah, so easy. Get a job and life will be rosy again for everyone. Simple as that in your world! 

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

you still never got back to me with an answer to why the people with starving kids dont get a job. if benefits are at the point where kids are starving let the parents get a job. 

Because it's not always that simple for everyone. It's not just easy to 'get a job'. 

• Upvote 3

‘Get a job’. Fuck me. I earn a very decent salary and still struggle to get my kids into nursery due to funding. It just isn’t a straightforward as ‘get a job’. Some poor bastards work 2/3 jobs and still can’t afford anything.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Again, so basic.  I feel sorry for your children if this is legit and genuinely how you feel about people who might not be better off and actually struggling. My guess is that you've never actually experienced the struggle or at least been exposed to those that do suffer. You're just happy to generalise and look down on them. 'Just get a job'. Yeah, so easy. Get a job and life will be rosy again for everyone. Simple as that in your world! 

Because it's not always that simple for everyone. It's not just easy to 'get a job'. 

well if its not easy to get a job and most people on benefits cant feed the kids then what the fuck can we offer anyone that steps off the boat. why do we take people in when we dont have jobs to give them and if they go on benefits the kids will starve. so what you are saying is we should take them in but we have no way of helping them. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

‘Get a job’. Fuck me. I earn a very decent salary and still struggle to get my kids into nursery due to funding. It just isn’t a straightforward as ‘get a job’. Some poor bastards work 2/3 jobs and still can’t afford anything.

thats my point. how can we care for others when we cant care for our own. 

Just now, UNIQUE said:

then what the fuck can we offer anyone that steps off the boat. 

A better life than the life they had that was the reason why they got on a boat in the first place?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

well if its not easy to get a job and most people on benefits cant feed the kids then what the fuck can we offer anyone that steps off the boat. why do we take people in when we dont have jobs to give them and if they go on benefits the kids will starve. so what you are saying is we should take them in but we have no way of helping them. 

Ever thought that some immigrants come over here and do the job that some Brits can't be arsed to or think they are too good for? 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A better life than the life they had that was the reason why they got on a boat in the first place?

but if we have starving kids in the UK how can we feed and home them. in the UK we have homeless people and starving kids as stan will tell you so if we cant help them how can we help others. we have people on the streets because we dont have homes to give them so where do we find homes for others. we have starving kids in the UK and if we cant feed them where do we get the food to feed others. this is going round and round here it would be better for people to just put a hand up and say fuck the british people in britain we think the illegal immigrants should get priority. i will help anyone where i can but i wont take from my kids to give to others. how can you help others when you cant help yourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ever thought that some immigrants come over here and do the job that some Brits can't be arsed to or think they are too good for? 

yes. as i said before if the immigrants can benefit the country and go about it the right way then fine. but for every doctor we get that comes to britain we get hundreds of bums and criminals. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

this is going round and round here it would be better for people to just put a hand up and say fuck the british people in britain we think the illegal immigrants should get priority

Literally no one has said this. No need to put words in our mouths just because you don't agree and can't suggest anything productive or substantial. 

Stop being so pathetic and basic. It's not a good look. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

but for every doctor we get that comes to britain we get hundreds of bums and criminals. 

Got any stats to back this up? Or is it just another generalisation and stereotypical thought? 

8 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

but if we have starving kids in the UK how can we feed and home them. in the UK we have homeless people and starving kids as stan will tell you so if we cant help them how can we help others. we have people on the streets because we dont have homes to give them so where do we find homes for others. we have starving kids in the UK and if we cant feed them where do we get the food to feed others. this is going round and round here it would be better for people to just put a hand up and say fuck the british people in britain we think the illegal immigrants should get priority. i will help anyone where i can but i wont take from my kids to give to others. how can you help others when you cant help yourselves. 

You're aware some of these refugees are fleeing from war? You argue you can't people protect from being killed in a fucking war or civil war because there are homeless people in Britain? What kind of logic is that?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Stan said:

Literally no one has said this. No need to put words in our mouths just because you don't agree and can't suggest anything productive or substantial. 

Stop being so pathetic and basic. It's not a good look. 

well let me ask you this stan so no wires are crossed. do you think we should be putting illegal immigrants in hotels and letting our kids starve and leave the homeless on the streets. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

well let me ask you this stan so no wires are crossed. do you think we should be putting illegal immigrants in hotels and letting our kids starve and leave the homeless on the streets. 

Where are these stories you're seeing about illegal immigrants being put up in hotels anyway xD. Your answer to avoiding kids starving is 'get a job'. You're hardly providing any solutions here are you? 

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

seriously stan you must live in downing street ffs. 

So you don't have the answer to the question. Shock. At least try and answer it? Maybe...? 

I'm not the one trying to forcing through legislation to stop kids getting food vouchers/free school meals? Are you sure you want to direct that accusation at me? You're better than that (I think). 

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

You're aware some of these refugees are fleeing from war? You argue you can't people protect from being killed in a fucking war or civil war because they're homeless people in Britain? What kind of logic is that?

my logic is if we had the means to home them. give them a job or feed them then why do we have homeless people. and kids starving in the UK. plus 99% of the people that get off the boats are fighting aged men. where are the women and children? why are these men not fighting for the country they came from. how many british men and women have fought and died for this country? why are these men not fighting for that country.