talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Is that a good racing category? Never heard of it before to be honest. 

It's just a rebranded FIA Formula 3 European Championship... or rather a successor to it, to be precise, as FIA F3 Europe merges with GP3 in 2019 to form a new FIA Formula 3 Championship which will be an official feeder series to F1 and F2. So the "new" Formula European Masters is still a DTM-supporting Formula 3 category with the same Dallara car.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Ah okay, I was not aware of that name change/merger. Good for her, and should be a confidence/motivational boost on her way to recovery :)

I'm surprised (positively) that she's recovering so fast! I mean she's already starting with light training :o 

Van Amersfoort Racing missed out on the new F3 series, but that's probably a positive for Sophia as she can continue where she left of. Would have loved to see her in HWA though.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm surprised (positively) that she's recovering so fast! I mean she's already starting with light training :o 

Van Amersfoort Racing missed out on the new F3 series, but that's probably a positive for Sophia as she can continue where she left of. Would have loved to see her in HWA though.

I've always admired her for her spirit and confidence, so I'm surprised but not that surprised :D

I'm just glad she's not going to that stupid "all female race series". But she openly voiced her opinion against it anyway. Although I do understand women who want to use this all financed opportunity. 

• Subscriber

I've always admired her for her spirit and confidence, so I'm surprised but not that surprised :D

I'm just glad she's not going to that stupid "all female race series". But she openly voiced her opinion against it anyway. Although I do understand women who want to use this all financed opportunity. 

It's just pointless. Competing in a women-only F3 equivalent series will not help talented female drivers to get into F1. They need to compete with the best and most talented drivers starting from young age (karting) in order to develop their skills and not at a gender-segregation series; you don't get to the top by beating a field of lower-skilled drivers...  

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Her crash footage still gives me the shivers... Got to admire her love and passion for racing; not everyone would be so enthusiastic about getting back into the car after such an experience. Most professional drivers have such a strong will power and determination in general though... I closely follow Wickens and his way to recovery after that horrific crash, and it's just unbelievable how optimistic and determined he is despite the extent of his injuries and uncertainty of full recovery. Same with Billy Monger. Or Alex Zanardi. Very inspiring.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nudge said:

Her crash footage still gives me the shivers... Got to admire her love and passion for racing; not everyone would be so enthusiastic about getting back into the car after such an experience. Most professional drivers have such a strong will power and determination in general though... I closely follow Wickens and his way to recovery after that horrific crash, and it's just unbelievable how optimistic and determined he is despite the extent of his injuries and uncertainty of full recovery. Same with Billy Monger. Or Alex Zanardi. Very inspiring.

That Billy Monger kid always amazes me as well. Lost his legs and he was like straight back in a racing car, and he seems so content. Not everybody would get over something like this so quickly and be so determined to be back in racing. Of course you never know what's going on inside his mind, but he seems alright. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That Billy Monger kid always amazes me as well. Lost his legs and he was like straight back in a racing car, and he seems so content. Not everybody would get over something like this so quickly and be so determined to be back in racing. Of course you never know what's going on inside his mind, but he seems alright. 

Young, still able to do what he loves and can focus on that, mentally strong and has a strong support system. Everything contributes. I'm sure he has his lows every once in a while, but to be fair some people have remarkable resilience and can bounce back from pretty much anything.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Anyone watching Formula E? :ph34r:

Decent racing to be honest, but can't stand the sound and it seriously ruins it for me. Will start watching it properly next season when Porsche joins though. Neel Jani has already been named as the first driver for the team. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Decent racing to be honest, but can't stand the sound and it seriously ruins it for me. Will start watching it properly next season when Porsche joins though. Neel Jani has already been named as the first driver for the team. 

True, the racing is actually quite good. The sound takes some getting used to, but meh, it's something to watch during the F1 off season. 

3jytcsa2n9421.jpg

Lotterer doing quite well in this race :o 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Tommy said:

True, the racing is actually quite good. The sound takes some getting used to, but meh, it's something to watch during the F1 off season. 

3jytcsa2n9421.jpg

Lotterer doing quite well in this race :o 

Just watched the highlights and wtf, they actually added another silly gimmick this season? As if the stupid Fan boost was not enough mockery of racing, now they also have a Mario Kart style boost as well?.. They finally have a battery that holds for the entire race and the drivers don't have to change the car in the middle of it, so just let them race properly instead of adding more dumb gimmicks ffs.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nudge said:

Just watched the highlights and wtf, they actually added another silly gimmick this season? As if the stupid Fan boost was not enough mockery of racing, now they also have a Mario Kart style boost as well?.. They finally have a battery that holds for the entire race and the drivers don't have to change the car in the middle of it, so just let them race properly instead of adding more dumb gimmicks ffs.

Yea, that's weird. I always thought the cars a breaking down because the drove so close to the wall :D

Anyway, Helen Rollason Award at the Sports Personality of the year awards for Billy Monger:

:')

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

FIA/ACO have approved the new "hypercar prototypes" regulations for the FIA World Endurance Championship starting 2020 when the new category will replace LMP1 as the top class. The new prototypes will be styled to look like road-going hypercars with hybrid-powered combustion engines, aesthetics will not be dictated by aerodynamics (which will be strictly regulated; movable aero permitted!), but by each marque’s distinctive design features. Sounds like we might see prototypes based on the likes of Aston Valkyrie, McLaren Senna, LaFerrari FXXK, Mercedes-AMG Project One racing against each other in a GT1-style series!!! Fingers crossed it works out and looking forward for official confirmations of the manufacturers joining... 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

F3 Asian Championship Winter Series first round in Thailand this weekend.

David Schumacher drives for Pinnacle Motorsports (Philippines) and will have to compete against his girlfriend who's also a racing driver and is participating in this series too :D Ticktum on pole for Race 1.

@Tommy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

F3 Asian Championship Winter Series first round in Thailand this weekend.

David Schumacher drives for Pinnacle Motorsports (Philippines) and will have to compete against his girlfriend who's also a racing driver and is participating in this series too :D Ticktum on pole for Race 1.

@Tommy

Nice, it will be shown on youtube I reckon? I just need to figure out the CET times :D

• The topic was pinned