talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wait, F1 will be here next week? That'll be brilliant!

Yes, but a different, much smaller circuit is used for F1 racing (known as GP-Strecke)... The long circuit you see here is the original Nordschleife, it's too dangerous for F1. 

nuerburgring-nordschleife-und-gp-strecke

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, but a different, much smaller part of the circuit is used for F1 racing (known as GP-Strecke)... The long circuit you see here is the original Nordschleife, it's too dangerous for F1. 

Too dangerous for this guy? :o

ix7i29d7zfm51.jpg

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Eco said:

It doesn't look like it's raining that hard...? 

Seen much worse, but it's been raining for quite a while and it overloaded the drainages so there's simply too much standing water on some parts of the track... Many cars (including the leader) aquaplaning and spinning. More rain expected in the next couple of hours, and conditions are supposed to get worse and worse until around 3 am.

Look at that onboard, no visibilty whatsoever xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Maybe some, but there is a very active conversation going on between a good bit of people, right now about wearing masks. hah

I'm watching on TV, so will just leave it on and take a nap until early morning :68_sleeping:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

So what is the latest? The YouTube stream is off...

Did they just stop the race early? 

The race ended 15:30 CET, exactly 24 hours after it started :) 

#99 BMW (Sims, Catsburg, Yelloly, Eng) won ahead of #3 Audi and #42 BMW; 20th BMW win in Nürburgring, and the first in 10 years.Ei7a3iPWAAATZrq?format=jpg&name=small

1 minute ago, nudge said:

The race ended 15:30 CET, exactly 24 hours after it started :) 

#99 BMW (Sims, Catsburg, Yelloly, Eng) won ahead of #3 Audi and #42 BMW; 20th BMW win in Nürburgring, and the first in 10 years.Ei7a3iPWAAATZrq?format=jpg&name=small

Oh...For some reason I thought they were stop the clock during the red flag...That is sad, I was hoping to see the ending to this one. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Oh...For some reason I thought they were stop the clock during the red flag...That is sad, I was hoping to see the ending to this one. 

Nah, if they did that, the race would have continued until Monday at least :4_joy: The last two hours or so were pretty good, some dramatic events and then a full on sprint race to the finish line. #3 Audi lost the lead with 1.5 hour to go due to changing to wet tyres too late, but were still pushing hard and would probably retaken the lead and won if the rain hadn't stopped, as they were much faster in the rain than the BMW. #1 Audi lost the podium due to a puncture with just over 30 minutes to go... 

• Upvote 1