talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:( 

A legend of Nürburgring and an extremely lovely human being. RIP... Such sad news. Hope they will rename a part of the circuit in her honour. Legends never die :(

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
On 22/03/2021 at 19:39, Tommy said:

:) 

So driving full time in DTM and WEC? Sounds good to me... Think she made the right choice; can't see her ever making it into F1, but she's definitely capable of having a decent career in sportscars/touring cars.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, nudge said:

Valentino Rossi at 42 years old still can compete at the highest level... P4 in quali, just a fraction behind Quartaro and Viñales. Bagnaia takes the pole. 

Moving from the Factory Yamaha team is probably the best thing that could happen to him to be honest, no pressure just him going out there on raw talent and having fun. I think too much expectation (probably quite rightly) was put on Vale when it was clear that he was past his peak, but still had so much more to give. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Yeah, I can't get into it as well. The engine sound, and that they have to drive over some virtual mark to receive some boost. It's all very weird to me. xD

Like a fucking Mario cart... Too many gimmicks. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Do you remember the idiot karting driver who threw a front fairing of his kart onto the track trying to hit his opponent, and then attacked him after the race? He's been just handed a 15-year ban by FIA :o 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Should have charged the cars over night like I do with my phone. xD

xD 

Granted, this is about running out of energy that they are allowed to use, not running out of energy completely. Apparently the starting battery capacity is 52kWh, but for every minute spent behind safety car, the amount of energy each driver may use is reduced by 1kWh - and there were 5 safety car phases in the race, meaning that 19kWh were cut from the allowed amount of energy for each car. So definitely a miscalculation by the race control, but either way, they just keep on making a mockery out of themselves.. A complete farce. They even put a chicane in the middle of the straight to give the cars an additional heavy braking zone as a recharge opportunity.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Holy moly. Nobody was hurt, thankfully. 

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

There's track limits and there's that.

I don't get why they just didn't turn the steering wheels? For the first driver you can understand, but the drivers after should really see that and not make the same mistake.

• Haha 1

Just now, Stan said:

I don't get why they just didn't turn the steering wheels? For the first driver you can understand, but the drivers after should really see that and not make the same mistake.

Rain and Karts on slicks. It's basically like they're on ice. Brakes and steering is like 90% reduced. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Rain and Karts on slicks. It's basically like they're on ice. Brakes and steering is like 90% reduced. 

I wasn't being serious xD