talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Awful, awful crash on Raidillon... Wasn't shown on stream, and nobody's talking about it, so hopefully all drivers involved are alright 😬 Reportedly, Aitken crashed alone, and then the next three cars crashed into him full speed 😬 

Latest update: The four drivers involved in the accident  – Jack Aitken, Davide Rigon, Franck Perera and Kévin Estre – have been transferred to the circuit medical centre.

That's race over for Estre and car #21 ☹️ Just hope everyone's alright. Porsche said he arrived to the medical center in the medical team car, not the ambulance, so that's a good sign.

• Subscriber

🙏 Thankfully, he's alright.

Really hope the others are fine, too. But I just saw the footage of the accident and it's horrible... Aitken got hit really bad there, his car is completely ruined. Hope he's alright.

• Administrator

Very glad to hear they're okay and no life-threatening injuries for any. Considering the speed and impact of the crash its a miracle no one has such injuries. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Finally, some news... Broken collarbone and fractured vertebrae for Jack Aitken. Not great, but could have been so much worse... Hope he makes a fast and full recovery.

Good to see him in one piece. He's a nice kid and I was very worried about him when I saw and heard about the crash! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Considering that everyone involved survived and also escaped without life threatening injuries, I'll post the video of the accident now... 

A massive, massive shunt.

Watching that with sound makes it even worse. So glad everyone is relatively okay. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Watching that with sound makes it even worse. So glad everyone is relatively okay. 

Also when you see what's left of Aitken's car... 😬 Mental. As much as I love Spa, they should consider making changes to that corner. Serious accidents happen there almost every year.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Wow, what an end of the race... Pier Guidi overtakes Dries Vanthoor in the wet on the outside in Blanchimont and wins the race for Iron Lynx (Ferrari)! Aston Martin in 3rd. 

That WRT Team Audi did extremely well, considering it started last, and managed to finish P2.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wow, what an end of the race... Pier Guidi overtakes Dries Vanthoor in the wet on the outside in Blanchimont and wins the race for Iron Lynx (Ferrari)! Aston Martin in 3rd. 

That WRT Team Audi did extremely well, considering it started last, and managed to finish P2.

How'd Bentley go?