Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oopsy daisy. The other two sound more familiar though. 😅

But.

772wp0.jpg

xD 

I have no idea what her plans are for 2023, to be honest. Maybe ELMS again? There haven't been any announcements so far... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

xD 

I have no idea what her plans are for 2023, to be honest. Maybe ELMS again? There haven't been any announcements so far... 

She's busy ripping people off with her "fashion". A T-Shirt with SOP written on it for 80 Euros... piss off. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

She's busy ripping people off with her "fashion". A T-Shirt with SOP written on it for 80 Euros... piss off. xD

Hey, being a racing driver is an expensive lifestyle, you should be buying several of these to support her :ph34r: xD  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hey, being a racing driver is an expensive lifestyle, you should be buying several of these to support her :ph34r: xD  

I just looked at the shop again. Sweapants for 88 Euros. Fucking hell. 😅

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The new season of IMSA kicks off with 24H at Daytona tomorrow, race start at 19:40 CET. This will be the first time we'll see the new hypercars in race action! 

Lucas Auer has had a big shunt in the first free practice after which he had to be extracted from the completely totaled car by cutting through the roll cage, and has several significant vertebrae fractures in his lower back :( 

• Subscriber

I assume nobody else watched Daytona? Turned out to be quite a race.. The final hours were fun to watch, and the final minutes were dramatic. They actually needed a photo finish to determine the winner in the LMP2 class xD Proton Competition car managed to overtake the leading CrowdStrike Racing right at the finish line and won by just 0.016 seconds :o 

Bring on Bathurst 12h next weekend...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nudge said:

I assume nobody else watched Daytona? Turned out to be quite a race.. The final hours were fun to watch, and the final minutes were dramatic. They actually needed a photo finish to determine the winner in the LMP2 class xD Proton Competition car managed to overtake the leading CrowdStrike Racing right at the finish line and won by just 0.016 seconds :o 

Bring on Bathurst 12h next weekend...

Bratwurst 12h sounds fun. :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, that looked like a great finish! 

Are those the same commentators who commentate Indy Car? Either that, or every American sounds the same to me. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Bratwurst 12h sounds fun. :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, that looked like a great finish! 

Are those the same commentators who commentate Indy Car? Either that, or every American sounds the same to me. :ph34r:

Haha, since you said it last year, now I always think of it as Bratwurst 12h too xD 

I have no idea who these NBC commentators are... I watched the stream with the IMSA Radio/Radio Le Mans commentary, they do a really good job... And yeah, I generally also struggle with American commentators xD 

• Upvote 1

On 03/02/2023 at 17:30, nudge said:

Massive crash in free practice for Bathurst 12h today, Keith Kassulke's Mustang went airborne in a high-speed corner and crashed into the wall. The car pretty much split in two. Driver is ok! 

I wanted to post this as well on Friday, but the video is kinda weird. It doesn't even show the whole crash. Glad he's alright though! 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I wanted to post this as well on Friday, but the video is kinda weird. It doesn't even show the whole crash. Glad he's alright though! 

Yeah it only shows how it went airborne. 

Anyway, it was another great race. The top 3 finished within 1.4s, which is impressive for a 12h race, especially since there were no interruptions in the last 4 hours. Some drama too, as with less than an hour to go, Maro Engel in the GruppeM Mercedes AMG tried to overtake Jules Gounon in the leading SunEnergy 1 Mercedes AMG, but didn't manage to make a clean pass and forced the leading car to spin, resulting in a drive through penalty for his team. They returned to the track in 3rd, having lost P2 to Manthey Porsche, with Matt Campbell then chasing Gounon and fighting for the win up until the very final lap. It was 3rd in a row Bathurst victory for Gounon, and second in a row for GruppeM team.

Valentino Rossi and team finished in P6.

Another endurance race next weekend, this time the Asian Le Mans season opener... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I wouldn't normally care about any celebrity trying to become a racing driver (except for Steve McQueen, of course :P), but it's hard NOT to like this one. The "Road to Le Mans" series on YouTube by Porsche documenting the team's and Michael Fassbender's progress is phenomenal; easily the best racing documentary content I've ever seen. Good to have confirmation that it'll be back for one more season. And probably even more importantly, Richard Lietz is back, too. Such a great driver, and looks like a quality person as well.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...