The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

IT'S RACEDAY!!!

The new season of IndyCar starts tonight with the Genesys 300 race at the Texas Motor Speedway ^_^

For anyone interested: quali is 23:00 CET, the race starts at 02:00 CET...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Worst the highest no of cars involved in a crash during race ?

From the ones I watched, 2017 Macau pile up definitely takes the cake.  Only four out of 20 cars were not affected, so a 16 car pile up:

xD 

In Formula 1, 1998 crash at Spa in the rain is probably the biggest one (13 cars included):

From the ones that I don't watch, definitely NASCAR...They even coined a term "Big One" to describe the multi-car crashes that happen quite often, due to the nature of the track. The worst ever there is 37 cars at Daytona:

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Wtf, someone put up a noose in Bubba Wallace's garage yesterday? Wtf is wrong with people. 

Yeah, absolutely sick. But not really surprising, is it? I mean it's NASCAR, and it's Alabama. They still fly confederate flags during the races...

Wendell Scott, the first black driver in NASCAR was at first refused the right to compete, was subject to racial abuse, then once he finally got into the top tier he won the race in 1963 by finishing two laps in front of the field, and they still awarded the win to the driver who finished second due to the racist culture. He (well rather his family) was finally given that trophy posthumously, almost 50 (!) years after the event. Nothing much has changed in almost six decades, it seems.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

VLN (well, or Nürburgring Endurance Series, as it's officially called now) first race of the season tomorrow! 

Nürburgring Nordschleife, 141 cars, 4 hours.

:x

Also the next weekend will be crazy, haha.

vxroIrS.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 14/10/2019 at 21:16, Tommy said:

This looks interesting @nudge

He actually made it! Well not quite, but almost there... Will drive a Porsche for Proton Competition in European Le Mans Series 2020 B| Maybe the real Le Mans next year, if he does well!

• Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 14/08/2020 at 14:08, Tommy said:

Understandable, Neel Jani was awful; especially compared to how Lotterer did. 

Unfortunately, I just can't get into Formula E... I tried hard, especially since Porsche joined, but it just doesn't do anything for me.