talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Porsche top speed on the straight is just awful, must have been screwed by BoP surely? If not, then it's just piss poor.

Gutted for Signatech Alpine, to have technical issues at the start of the race is so frustrating, and then the drive through penalty on top of that...

Unlucky for Proton Racing car 88 there, did well to avoid the spinning Ferrari there but couldn't avoid the barriers.

Rain is expected later today and also at night. Will be fun...

• Subscriber

Dominique Bastien, Dempsey-Proton car #88, has become the oldest driver in the history  of Le Mans. 74 years old :) 

Still more than half of the race left, it's been a bit quiet in the last hour or two. Still no rain :( 

And as I type that, there's black flag for car #37! :o 

• Subscriber

"The car stopped on track, the driver exited the car and phone called his team. A member of the team met the driver and supplied a component which the driver fitted to the car. The car was then able to continue. During the hearing the team representative admitted to these facts. He also stated that the car would not have been able to continue without this fix. This is a breach of Art. 12.3.9 of 24 Hours of Le Mans Supplementary Regulations. The penalty in the Regulations is disqualification."

Wow.

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

"The car stopped on track, the driver exited the car and phone called his team. A member of the team met the driver and supplied a component which the driver fitted to the car. The car was then able to continue. During the hearing the team representative admitted to these facts. He also stated that the car would not have been able to continue without this fix. This is a breach of Art. 12.3.9 of 24 Hours of Le Mans Supplementary Regulations. The penalty in the Regulations is disqualification."

Wow.

How can you watch this? I need das link

Kidding - I found it. Still not sure what I'm watching and how you win. You say you have to be the first to cross the finish line after 24 hours, but that tells me that you could do 2 laps and win as long as you are first after the 24 hour mark. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Kidding - I found it. Still not sure what I'm watching and how you win. You say you have to be the first to cross the finish line after 24 hours, but that tells me that you could do 2 laps and win as long as you are first after the 24 hour mark. 

Well of course you need to be in front in terms of done laps too 😂 the point is, many cars don't make it to the finish in the first place... 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

How many tires do these guys go through? 

Depends, tyre allocation is different for each class. 48 tyres for LMP1, 56 for LMP2, 60 for LMGTE Pro and Am. 

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Most cars don't make it to the finish line? Give me my damn VW and I'd make it to the finish. 

Are you sure? :) try running it at the max on the racing track for 24 hours and see how it goes :P many cars make it, many don't. Reliability is a huge thing in endurance racing.