talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

Are you sure? :) try running it at the max on the racing track for 24 hours and see how it goes :P many cars make it, many don't. Reliability is a huge thing in endurance racing. 

Don't check your Whatapp please, and if you do, please know that I"m drinking a lot since Augsburg win this morning. 

I didn't say MAX, but I could cruise my VW in there, using my blinker and jamming to some music while going around and around. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Man, that spinout by #75 made me laugh...seriously looks like he might have have just fallen asleep as the wheel there. 

I love the night phase, the concentration levels start to drop, anything can happen...

44 minutes ago, nudge said:

I love the night phase, the concentration levels start to drop, anything can happen...

Yeah - the inside shots of these cars looks like a night club, and there appears to be almost no lights on the course so I'm not shocked that it gets wonky at night. 

• Subscriber

This was a great race, even if we were missing quite a few participants and the fans due to the circumstances worldwide, but the drama alone was worth it. Gutted with Porsche being so poor this year. Toyota win was expected, but the Rebellions did well, and GTE Am and LMP2 classes truly delivered in terms of excitement. 

Missed 4 hours as had to have some sleep early in the morning. 

• Subscriber

The Green Hell is back! 24 Hours Nürburgring this weekend... More than 30 teams, over a 100 cars.

There have been 3 positive COVID-19 cases in Porsche works team after Le Mans, so all Porsche factory drivers, all employees of Porsche Motorsport and Manthey Racing will not travel to the Nürburgring, that affects 6 cars in 4 teams. Manthey Racing have withdrawn their entry completely as a result :( Other Porsche teams in the SP9 class managed to replace the drivers and got new lineups.
In positive news though, Porsche gets advantage from BoP (-20kg), while Audi (+5kg) and BMW (+10kg) get restrictions. Lamborghini is allowed to make the car 10kg lighter, while where are no changes for Mercedes.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Starts tomorrow correct? I'll be watching this as I rather enjoy Le Mans

Yes, the race starts at 15:30 CET tomorrow! You can watch it live with English commentary on their official youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKgMzHVA7nsDsDEKKMc9bKA

It's pretty much a GT3 race, so no LMP1/LMP2 prototypes like in Le Mans. I love it, as I don't really like prototypes anyway, and GT racing is the most fun for me. Also, the circuit is the best of the crop :x 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

This is unreal. I just turned it on and the landscape is like a dream of mine.

I have never been to Nurenburg but it looks stunning :o

It's where my German home is :) well, or used to be, rather. Just a few kilometers away from the Ring... 

Also, it's not Nürenburg but Nürburg (in the Eifel) :) 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

How much does quali matter in races that last 24 hours? I'd imagine with longevity being so important, that you'd not want to run your car too hard during quali in prep for the big race. 

Not as much, but as in any other race, you'd rather have a good starting position to be in front and have clean air for as long as possible, so it still matters.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's where my German home is :) well, or used to be, rather. Just a few kilometers away from the Ring... 

Also, it's not Nürenburg but Nürburg (in the Eifel) :) 

Ah, I assume Nurburg was Nuremburg, but I see they are no where close to one another. 

I guess i makes sense that some of my favorite races are in cities that aren't too populated. 

Le Mans, Monza, SPA, etc.