talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

That's sad news :|. Doesn't look too old. RIP.

No, he was only 51 and there were no health concerns either, apparently :| 

A big loss to the German and Swiss motorsports community in particular as he was the key figure in developing talented youngsters in both countries.

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Andrea Dovizioso wins in Sepang to take the MotoGP to the final race :o. It's impressive how the Ducati runs now that everything is ticking.

Good to see the suspense holding until the final race, even if Marquez is still far ahead and will most likely get the title... :( Meanwhile, Jonas Folger is still out with a mysterious illness  :( 

Franco Morbidelli sealed Moto2 title already as Luthi was ruled out of Sepang with an ankle fracture. A big win for him and for Rossi's riders academy!

• Subscriber

WEC "Super Season" 2018/2019 is starting to look very exciting! Despite the initial fears about LMP1 class dying out after Porsche's exit, the grid for the next year is shaping up so nicely already with Toyota hinting at staying put, and with various customer teams officially confirming their participation recently. So far, we have Manor & TRS (1 car), Dragonspeed (1 car), SMP Racing (2 cars probably),  ByKolles (1 car), unnamed customer team with Ginetta chassis (2 cars), and probably Toyota (2 cars). 9 cars in the top class already, and there's plenty of time still for new entries. V10 engines are coming back thanks to a change in fuel rules too, as well as more  choice in engine power options in general,  possibility to compete with a non-hybrid engine, among other new changes. ACO and FIA reacted well to the situation by introducing new regs and tweaking the schedule in order to cut costs and stimulate interest in the series; couldn't expect so much interest but it definitely looks great so far! GTE class looks just as exciting as usual with new cars entering the grid next season too; I'm particularly interested to see the new M8 GTE on track, it looks badass. Aaand we're going to have TWO editions of Le Mans 24 hours (2018 and 2019) counting towards the next championship due to it being a "transitional" season leading to the new race calendar culminating in Le Mans each year starting with 2020.

Meanwhile, current season is close to an end with the penultimate race taking place in Shanghai this weekend. 

Edited by nudge

• Subscriber

What a race in Shanghai! Both Toyotas led in LMP1 class for most of the race, but their #7 car was involved in an incident  with one of the leading GTE Pro cars with less than an hour to go, thus allowing Porsche to finish 2nd and 3rd and to clinch both LMP1 Manufacturers title and Drivers' championship for Hartley, Bernhard and Bamber. That's three in a row for Porsche, great way to leave the series as well.

Ferrari claimed GT Manufacturers' title already as well, although they were a bit off the pace today and couldn't really compete with Ford and Porsche.

LMP2 Manufacturers' and Drivers' titles, GTE-Pro Drivers' title and GTE-Am Team and Drivers' titles will be all decided in the last round of the season in Bahrain in 2 weeks time. 

• Subscriber

Marquez crashed in qualifying, still managed to get the pole though. Dovizioso with disappointing P9 only, isn't really going well if he's still to try and fight for that title... Still should be an epic race tomorrow.

Zarco's on fire, will start 2nd! Not bad for a rookie. Top talent.

football forum
Just now, nudge said:

Marquez crashed in qualifying, still managed to get the pole though. Dovizioso with disappointing P9 only, isn't really going well if he's still to try and fight for that title... Still should be an epic race tomorrow.

Zarco's on fire, will start 2nd! Not bad for a rookie. Top talent.

Zarco is a phenomenal rider, in a perfect world he and Maverick Vinales should swap places for 2018. 

Sadly, it looks even more so that this year's title is Marc's to lose - I can hear @SirBalon's celebrations from here :(!

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Zarco is a phenomenal rider, in a perfect world he and Maverick Vinales should swap places for 2018. 

Sadly, it looks even more so that this year's title is Marc's to lose - I can hear @SirBalon's celebrations from here :(!

Zarco is champion in the making, I think he is set to replace Rossi when he calls it quits... Can't believe Suzuki rejected him and signed Rins a while back. He's set to stay in Tech3 for one more season though.

And yeah, Marquez is well in control, sadly. Hope he crashes out tomorrow :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Didn't happen :( Marquez was veeeeeery close to crashing out with only 7 rounds to go, amazing skill to pick himself up though :o 

Dovi crashed out a while later ending the suspense.
Zarco unlucky to lose it to Pedrosa at the very end, still a great race for him.

Very exciting end of the season, will be looking forward to the next one!

• Subscriber

I'm concerned about Zarco next season if he gets the current Yamaha M1 bike though; it seems to be completely shite and one of the main reasons behind Yamaha's disappointing season. I doubt they are going to change their policy though, and Tech3 might have to stick with it.

Looking forward to what Franco Morbidelli can show at the top level next year!

• Subscriber

Heads up for anyone who's interested - FIA GT World Cup takes place in Macau this weekend. Great street circuit which is considered to be be among the most difficult ones in the world, lovely cars and quite a few well known names behind the wheel!  The race will be streamed live here: https://www.fia.com/2017-macau-grand-prix-live-stream

There's also the last round of WEC in Bahrain with the title still up for grabs in three classes, should be an epic race!

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

We're back :banana:!!

I feel it's going to be a seriously awesome year!

I'm particularly excited about WEC superseason with all new LMP1 class, and Le Mans is going to be amazing, but I'll also try to get more into Super GT this year, only caught a few races last season, but it looked seriously fun. New season promo looks exciting, mean mean cars! 

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

Anyone will be watching 24 hours of Daytona this weekend? Can't wait, such a great grid and plenty of top drivers, including Fernando Alonso and Lando Norris teaming up at United Motorsports (Paul di Resta in team's 2nd car), Lance Stroll and Alex Brundle driving for Jackie Chan Racing, René Rast for Mazda. There's also Felipe Nasr, Christian Fittipaldi, Juan Pablo Montoya, Mike Rockefeller and a lot of other well-known names from various racing series.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Did Lance Stroll pay his way into this too? 

Little scrote.

Haha, probably. He drove in Daytona in 2016 already too, to be fair, for Ford Ganassi together with Brendon Hartley, Alex Wurz and Andy Priaulx (mad team!). Did well too, just missed the podium due to overheating problems. Although he did crash the car in the pre-race event xD 

Lance Stroll actually won things in other categories before his time in F1. So it's not like he's completely without talent, but people always focus on the money. 

Anyway, I'd watch the 24 hours of Daytone, but none of the TV Channels here show it. Would be a nice thing to have on in the background. Can't be arsed to watch a stream for a longer period :ph34r:

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Lance Stroll actually won things in other categories before his time in F1. So it's not like he's completely without talent, but people always focus on the money. 

Anyway, I'd watch the 24 hours of Daytone, but none of the TV Channels here show it. Would be a nice thing to have on in the background. Can't be arsed to watch a stream for a longer period :ph34r:

I'll just have the official livestream running in the background the whole day (and night) :what:

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned