talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Motorsports - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Alonso will drive for Toyota at Le Mans and other selected WEC rounds after getting permission from McLaren! ^_^ Greats stuff. I'm not a fan of Toyota (will be cheering for Rebellion now that Porsche has left LMP1), but I like Alonso a lot, and it's great to see a F1 driver competing in sportscars as well. Maybe his and Toyota's misfortunes will cancel each other and they'll finally win Le Mans too xD 

Edited by nudge

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

:( Another one to leave way too early, only 51 year old too... Ride in Peace, Waldi...

In more positive news though.... Less than a week to go before the red lights go out for the new season of MotoGP!

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Valentino has had the best times of his career with Yamaha and it's fantastic news that he has signed for two more years. 

He's a unique sportsman in a way because he hasn't won the title for years but is still the best supported rider on the grid. His marketability alone makes this a good deal, regardless of how he does out on track.

It will be strange to see MotoGP without Rossi and his travelling circus one day, hehe. I normally don't like the idea of legends failing to retire on time and sticking around for too long, but he still looks competitive enough and clearly has fun riding, I just hope Yamaha is good enough this year.

Have you watched the free practice today? Dovi on top for both of them, but the whole grid looks very tight, I think there's less than a second between the top 10... Should be a good season. I'm contemplating going to the Thai GP this year (subject to ticket prices), never been to a MotoGP race before, so it would be great.

• Subscriber

Absolutely brilliant by Zarco, good to see him continuing where he left off last season, beats the ten year old record too! :o Also, three satellite bikes in top 5 :o We'll see what happens tomorrow, but wouldn't it be great to have a championship contender from an independent team? That said, if Zarco continues to ride like that, I bet Yamaha will regret offering that new contract to Viñales too early... 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I text my father about the MotoGP as he's away on holiday and said the exact same thing regarding Vinales' new deal. Yamaha really should have cut ties and promoted Zarco who is a fantastic talent. 

Having a satellite fighting for the title would be unthinkable but judging by that timesheet we could have just that! 

Are you joining us in Qatar tomorrow @SirBalon? Marc Marquez underpants at the ready? 

Yamaha wants to keep Zarco that bad, they even consider giving him a factory-spec bike next season, haha. For that to happen though, they'll need to find a new satellite team and make sure Zarco signs for them... I, for one, would be happy to see Zarco riding and winning with KTM bike next year :D

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I text my father about the MotoGP as he's away on holiday and said the exact same thing regarding Vinales' new deal. Yamaha really should have cut ties and promoted Zarco who is a fantastic talent. 

Having a satellite fighting for the title would be unthinkable but judging by that timesheet we could have just that! 

Are you joining us in Qatar tomorrow @SirBalon? Marc Marquez underpants at the ready? 

Of course mate!  MotoGP is the best and most genuine motor racing season in Motorsport mate...  I was once religious about F1 too but that turned into nonsense and isn't for real anymore.

Cant wait for it to get underway!  Something tells me this is going to be another disputed season, probably the most ever. ;)

From what's being released on the grapevine, there are various bikes that can compete this season and not just the factory big boys!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Of course mate!  MotoGP is the best and most genuine motor racing season in Motorsport mate...  I was once religious about F1 too but that turned into nonsense and isn't for real anymore.

Cant wait for it to get underway!  Something tells me this is going to be another disputed season, probably the most ever. ;)

From what's being released on the grapevine, there are various bikes that can compete this season and not just the factory big boys!

For me, that would be WEC, as I prefer car racing over motorbike racing in general, love endurance and the genuine racing action and absolutely nothing beats 24 hours of Le Mans for me. That said, MotoGP comes close and is very entertaining. I still like F1, even if it's gotten boring and lacks charisma, but with GT racing on the rise and providing entertainment across so many different series, it's not really a big loss, personally.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Dovi - Márquez - Rossi podium. Feel sorry for Zarco, but he literally burned his tires off, still has a lot to learn. Also, wtf happened to Lorenzo? It looked like some sort of mechanical failure... Márquez doing the usual Márquez stuff; it is mad how he seems to defy the laws of physics, anyone else would have crashed after that contact with Zarco's knee, he manages to somehow save it xD 

59 minutes ago, nudge said:

Dovi - Márquez - Rossi podium. Feel sorry for Zarco, but he literally burned his tires off, still has a lot to learn. Also, wtf happened to Lorenzo? It looked like some sort of mechanical failure... Márquez doing the usual Márquez stuff; it is mad how he seems to defy the laws of physics, anyone else would have crashed after that contact with Zarco's knee, he manages to somehow save it xD 

On the Zarco note, that's where you see the difference between the satellite bikes and the factory editions because he was stretched and had to burn rubber. But to those that understand motorcycle racing as I'm sure you do, this means he's a very good GP racer. They need to find balance on his bike so he doesn't stretch the rubber.

Glad to see you using your accents! xD;)

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

On the Zarco note, that's where you see the difference between the satellite bikes and the factory editions because he was stretched and had to burn rubber. But to those that understand motorcycle racing as I'm sure you do, this means he's a very good GP racer. They need to find balance on his bike so he doesn't stretch the rubber.

Glad to see you using your accents! xD;)

Only doing the accents for you xD 

Zarco is definitely a very good rider, and his single lap pace is immense, and all that on a satellite bike! He needs to work on his race strategy a bit though, every time he's upfront he seems to get carried away and forgets all about tire management, something that he's normally known for being really good at. So in the end, he's getting played by the other riders who just led him lead, and then easily overtake him once he's got nothing left. I'm really keen to see him on a factory-spec bike, whether Yamaha or any other, next season, and hope he plays it smarter in the future, could well be a title contender then.

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned