talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 0-0 Aston Villa - Sunday 2nd October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png      VS     1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

Last 3 Meetings
10/03/2022 - Leeds 0-3 Aston Villa
09/02/2022 - Aston Villa 3-3 Leeds
27/02/2021 - Leeds 0-1 Aston Villa

Recent Form
Leeds - LDLWW
Aston Villa - WDLLW

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to bounce back and win this game after a few disappointing results. I definitely see Villa as a winnable game, they haven't looked great. Need to make the most of our home support.

Should have a pretty strong eleven and bench available so plenty of options for Marsch. Not often we have had that luxury. I'd 100% bring Cooper, Ayling and Bamford back into the team if it were me.

Very interested to see how Sinisterra gets on, he's looked decent the last two games he's started and had a great international week.

Mounting injury problems for Villa.

Kamara out & will miss being in France's World Cup squad.

Diego Carlos was already out long term.

Both 1st choice full backs out too, Cash & Digne.

Ashley Young can still do a job. And perhaps we may see Augustinsson at left back, signed as Digne's back up. While I believe both Konsa & Chambers have both played right back too.

Douglas Luiz contract expiring & all sorts of rumours what may or may not happen in January, but seems it will be back to him, McGinn & Ramsey in midfield. Not the ideal balance IMO, but then it hasn't been just switching Kamara in for Luiz.

Villa & Gerrard still need points on the board & much could depend on tactics used & signs of any genuine hunger. Both have been present the last 2 games.

As perhaps expected so far. A noisy & expectant Elland Road.

Villa with the evenly matched away side tactics of trying to slow & frustrate early on. Starting to move up gears as the half developed.

Signs that either side could win this match. Ings will likely appear at some stage. In one formation or another.

Not bad at half way for Villa who do have 3 of 4 starting defenders missing.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Villa should really be in the lead by now

8 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

As perhaps expected so far. A noisy & expectant Elland Road.

Villa with the evenly matched away side tactics of trying to slow & frustrate early on. Starting to move up gears as the half developed.

Signs that either side could win this match. Ings will likely appear at some stage. In one formation or another.

Not bad at half way for Villa who do have 3 of 4 starting defenders missing.

Yeah Leeds haven't really impressed in the final 3rd.

Villa have had the better opportunities and arguably should be ahead.

Definitely a sending off in the match. Lots of aggression in the challenges and the referee hasn't really got control of the game. As a neutral, I don't mind it!

Do Villa have any defenders left xD

• Administrator

Not sure why he has any complaints about it. Idiotic knowing you can't block a free-kick being taken there, but he sticks his leg out anyway.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah Leeds haven't really impressed in the final 3rd.

Villa have had the better opportunities and arguably should be ahead.

Definitely a sending off in the match. Lots of aggression in the challenges and the referee hasn't really got control of the game. As a neutral, I don't mind it!

Do Villa have any defenders left xD

Not sure what happened to Calum Chambers, but I think Dendonker might be 10th in line if anyone else on the pitch gets injured. Good job they have 2 sets of 4 plus Bednarek really.

Matty Cash expected back for the next match, so 1 bit of good news.

• Administrator

Do seriously wonder how long Gerrard has left. Lage went for underperforming and spending loads at Wolves. 

Gerrard now doing the same... 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do seriously wonder how long Gerrard has left. Lage went for underperforming and spending loads at Wolves. 

Gerrard now doing the same... 

I think the thing with Gerrard they know hes not in it for the long term. If the liverpool job becomes available he imagine. So they have to go more on instant results. I do think giving m managers time can be better. I mean it seems to have worked for us, it worked for liverpool. But to do that you have to have a committed manager which Gerrard isnt 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think the thing with Gerrard they know hes not in it for the long term. If the liverpool job becomes available he imagine. So they have to go more on instant results. I do think giving m managers time can be better. I mean it seems to have worked for us, it worked for liverpool. But to do that you have to have a committed manager which Gerrard isnt 

Liverpool is right for Gerrard. 

Gerrard is not right for Liverpool. 

Load of rubbish that game today.

Not actually that happy with a point because it was such a winnable game. Really disappointed we never got to play properly.

Stuart Atwell lost control and never got a grip of it. He didn't even realise he had booked Sinisterra first half when he booked him second half till Mings reminded him.

Sinisterra was an idiot for that block, it was a Yellow, but his first booking was diabolical. What makes me laugh is Leon Bailey did that twice and never got a booking first half but here we are.

Aston Villa are a poor side, but they purposely set out to make the game niggly and disrupt any flow from us and sadly it worked.

I blame ourselves because we got sucked into it and lost composure. Shame because for the 10mins we did play well, we actually looked like we'd overrun them.

The fact that Villa couldn't capitalise on pretty much a whole 2nd half with an extra man and got their first point away tells you they aren't great. 

I do feel Jesse's frustration. We're a decent footballing side and teams are coming out to spoil us.

That said, we can't bitch and moan about it and lose all composure, we have to find ways to win games and not get over emotional when teams use spoil tactics because guess what, it'll keep happening if we continue to show weakness.

• The title was changed to Leeds 0-0 Aston Villa - Sunday 2nd October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived