The better place to talk football.

Leicester 4-0 Nottm Forest - Monday 3rd October, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

image.png       VS     1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
06/02/2022 - Nottm Forest 4-1 Leicester (FA Cup)
19/02/2014 - Nottm Forest 2-2 Leicester (Championship)
09/11/2013 - Leicester 0-2 Nottm Forest (Championship)

Recent Form
Leicester - LLLLW
Nottm Forest - LLLLW

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

You just know this is going to be absolutely shite carnage.

It's gonna be a boring (and I mean coma-inducing boring) or some crazy scoreline like 8-5 because neither team can defend for shit. 

• Subscriber

We've scored more goals than the next 10 sides above us. We're a lot of things but our games aren't boring. We're probably as entertaining as anybody in the league to watch as a neutral - although for pure comic effect.

Yet despite this attacking record we've made one of the worst starts in the leagues history. We're in unprecedented levels of ineptness from a defensive point of view.

I cannot believe Rodgers is still here. We're not as smart a club as people thought we were. I've never seen anything like it.

• Subscriber

One of the strangest occasions in a while this but one I find such a shame as well.

On Rodgers. The fans are as unanimously against the manager as I think I've ever seen. The drop off is quite something, but it's necessary. Everybody can see the direction of travel we've been heading for a while now, even most neutrals, most of whom would at least acknowledge his achievements know that his time here is up. But for some reason, speculate however you want, they just won't do it. It might be money, it might be delusion that he can turn it around, it might be a mix of both bringing us to this (un)happy medium. He's still here. I'm livid about it, but what can you do.

Our owner has flown in for this one, maybe to gauge the feeling of things (as they had supposedly planned for the postponed VIlla game) but I'm really not easy with how they might be making the decision to get rid on a whim.

Winning this game comes with the price of probably saving him for our next few games, almost all of which against fellow struggling sides, and that could end up doing us more harm than good. The table is precarious. We've given the rest of the league a 7, possibly 8 game head start. Are we good enough to come back from that? I think talent wise we are, but I think the mentality of this side is as bad as I've ever seen from a team and I'm not even exagerrating. There's just no leadership, no confidence, no belief, no organisation. We've for virtually all of Rodgers tenure had talent but a soft underbelly. Well the underbelly has become a fucking giant gut. And it's soft as fuck.

Despite this I think we just need to get them beaten. They're not only unbearable as a fanbase but they're also the next worst team. We cannot be handing dross like this points at our place. Beat these first and worry about the consequences later.

I go with little expectation but I know they're bad enough to lose to us, I just hope we're not worse on the day. We're better than them. It's about time we show it.

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Everyone's concerned about Brendan Rodgers' job but I wouldn't put it past the Nottingham Forest owner to sack Steve Cooper if they lose this. He's already sacked Carlos Corberan at Olympiakos and he only appointed him in August.

I think Steve Cooper is nailed on to get sacked this season tbh. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Everyone's concerned about Brendan Rodgers' job but I wouldn't put it past the Nottingham Forest owner to sack Steve Cooper if they lose this. He's already sacked Carlos Corberan at Olympiakos and he only appointed him in August.

I think Rodgers might be the last standing manager in the Midlands this season in the Premier League. I've got Forest supporting mates and I was saying something like this to them the other day about Cooper and they weren't having it. With the level of investment they've put in I think he'll be expecting far more than is being served up even if what's happened could've been seen coming by so many. Marinakis has made noises about wanting to push for Europe this season. Stranger things have happened.

I agree with you, I think if this game produces a loser the manager could go.

• Subscriber

Maddison's one of the easiest picks of the lot I think. Bloke produces something most games playing for the most dysfunctional side in the league. He could be lethal in a decent side.

When we bin Rodgers I might throw Iheanacho in.

Maddison is outstanding, needs to get a move to a big club. Playing Forest off the park on his own here, 3-0. 

Forest are proper shit, still can't believe we dropped points to them. Cooper will more than likely be sacked after this. 

Leicester should be docked points for that cringe as fuck goal music mind. 

21 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Maddison is outstanding, needs to get a move to a big club. Playing Forest off the park on his own here, 3-0. 

Forest are proper shit, still can't believe we dropped points to them. Cooper will more than likely be sacked after this. 

Leicester should be docked points for that cringe as fuck goal music mind. 

he will look good in black and white

• The title was changed to Leicester 4-0 Nottm Forest - Monday 3rd October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived