talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rudiger Completes Chelsea Transfer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premier League champions Chelsea have signed Roma and Germany defender Antonio Rudiger on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Rudiger, 24, completed the transfer a week after helping Germany win the Confederations Cup in Russia.

"It's a great feeling because not every player has the opportunity to join a huge club like this," said Rudiger.

Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo said: "He is a player of proven quality."

Confirmed in the last couple of minutes.

• The title was changed to Rudiger Completes Chelsea Transfer
3 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Chelsea fans, What does this mean for Christensen and Zouma?

Well now we have Cahill, Luiz and Azpilicueta. Rudiger will probably go into the back three and Cesar to rwb. With Zouma cover for the back three, I don't see Christensen being better than Zouma 

20 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Well now we have Cahill, Luiz and Azpilicueta. Rudiger will probably go into the back three and Cesar to rwb. With Zouma cover for the back three, I don't see Christensen being better than Zouma 

Christensen has been one of the best centre backs in Germany for two years. Zouma has regressed since his injury. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Chelsea's video 'reveal' for this Rudiger deal is the cheesiest thing I've seen this year. 

It's embarrassing.

Some of these unveiling videos are horrific

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Agreed it was shit, but worse than Pogba and Lukaku? xD

that was barely a reveal. And yes, much worse. Pogba and Lukaku just celebrated that they can be bumchums together at the same club now.

Archived