talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lars Windhorst Wants Out (And His Money Back)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nudge said:

As expected, yet another shitty investor wants to fuck off with having achieved literally nothing.

FeTwO5cWAAMroht?format=jpg&name=large

Does anyone want to buy 64,7% of Big City Club for just 374 million Euros? :ph34r:

Big Shitty Club*

• Subscriber

In all seriousness though, I wonder what happens next. Hertha clearly don't have that kind of money and can't buy those shares back, so Windhorst will have to find another buyer. However, I can't image anyone being crazy enough to pay a nonsensical, hugely inflated pre-covid price tag on a club that is mismanaged and has an image problem, so Windhorst will likely have to lower the price significantly, or keep on sitting on his investment (and risk it losing even more value). I assume that in case of a new investor, Hertha's board would still have to agree to someone else taking over?

I am also reading that Hertha want to expel him out of the club, what would that mean in legal and fiscal terms?

37 minutes ago, nudge said:

In all seriousness though, I wonder what happens next. Hertha clearly don't have that kind of money and can't buy those shares back, so Windhorst will have to find another buyer. However, I can't image anyone being crazy enough to pay a nonsensical, hugely inflated pre-covid price tag on a club that is mismanaged and has an image problem, so Windhorst will likely have to lower the price significantly, or keep on sitting on his investment (and risk it losing even more value). I assume that in case of a new investor, Hertha's board would still have to agree to someone else taking over?

I am also reading that Hertha want to expel him out of the club, what would that mean in legal and fiscal terms?

Betrifft nur den Verein, sein Investment wäre davon unbeschadet.

2 hours ago, Coma said:

Here's a question.  Because he allegedly owns 64.7% of the shares does that mean that Hertha aren't 50+1?  Or can you own the shares but not own the voting rights?

It's possible to own shares without voting rights, since Hertha is a KGaA, with the aA being the important part: German stock corporation law knows two kinds of Aktien (Stammaktien with voting rights and Vorzugsaktien without voting rights), so if a company is either a KGaA or an AG it's possible to own a majority of shares while simultanously only owing a minority of shares with voting rights.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived