talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Seoane out, Xabi Alonso in at Leverkusen

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I was already a bit confused when he was a candidate for the Gladbach job last year, and I'm also a bit confused now - what qualifies him for the job, other than his big name as a former player?

49 minutes ago, nudge said:

I was already a bit confused when he was a candidate for the Gladbach job last year, and I'm also a bit confused now - what qualifies him for the job, other than his big name as a former player?

As far as I knew he had been in charge of the Real Sociedad B team up until last year.  I'm not sure that he's had any other professional coaching experience.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Coma said:

As far as I knew he had been in charge of the Real Sociedad B team up until last year.  I'm not sure that he's had any other professional coaching experience.

Will be interesting to see then. No experience, probably no language either. That's quite a risk Leverkusen are taking, but maybe he'll turn out to be some coaching whizz or something.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Will be interesting to see then. No experience, probably no language either. That's quite a risk Leverkusen are taking, but maybe he'll turn out to be some coaching whizz or something.

I think he does speak German.  I think I read that.  Somewhere.  Maybe.

38 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ah right, he probably learned it at Bayern. That'd make sense!

He's beeing doing interviews in German since 2014. He learned it very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Bayern Legend Xabi Alonso.

Hopefully it goes better than the last time a LFC legend took over at Leverkusen though. Because wasn't Hyypia's reign a bit shite?

Also I must say, I am very glad that the old Leverkusen manager is gone. The last time I saw Azmoun play for them he had him playing at CM - which I think is absolutely absurd xD, so probably for the best.

Archived