talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Which Player Has The Worst Attitude In The Premier League?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

In your opinion. Luckily,  we're all entitled to our own opinion and that's mine. Seeing as Foxes also agrees, perhaps it's not such a terrible shout. Would be interesting to know what Jamie Carragher thinks too.

I think it's a very reasonable shout. Sturridge is very fucking arrogant, and as a striker that can be a good thing but as a team player it ends up being infuriating. Off the pitch he seems liked because of his sense of humour about his arrogance, but on the pitch he has become more and more selfish. It's quite maddening because if he just took his ego down a bit he could be an amazing player instead of now just being a very good one.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why though? He was always very professional.

Fighting his team-mates in a World Cup? Assou-Ekotto has always stressed that his heart isn't really in the game.

4 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

KiaMO16.png.f56be69c0357be8c6f18dece552d1575.png

167164_54_news_hub_147769_656x500.thumb.jpg.0878cd6e85601120fadcfea1106d9dc9.jpg

You're definitely viewing bad attitude from a different angle to me. I'm just surprised you used that instead of the "got Ranieri sacked" rhetoric.

11 minutes ago, FOYM said:

I think it's a very reasonable shout. Sturridge is very fucking arrogant, and as a striker that can be a good thing but as a team player it ends up being infuriating. Off the pitch he seems liked because of his sense of humour about his arrogance, but on the pitch he has become more and more selfish. It's quite maddening because if he just took his ego down a bit he could be an amazing player instead of now just being a very good one.

Has Sturridge ever done anything considered to be unprofessional? Has he ever let the club down intentionally? Has he ever been known to have a 'bad attitude'? 

People on here are seriously mistaking 'arrogance' with 'bad attitude'. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Has Sturridge ever done anything considered to be unprofessional? Has he ever let the club down intentionally? Has he ever been known to have a 'bad attitude'? 

It is semantics. 'Bad attitude' isn't clearly defined and 'arrogance' could quite well be the definition of the former. The two terms aren't mutually exclusive.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Fighting his team-mates in a World Cup? Assou-Ekotto has always stressed that his heart isn't really in the game.

You're definitely viewing bad attitude from a different angle to me. I'm just surprised you used that instead of the "got Ranieri sacked" rhetoric.

I'll give you the former but not being passionate about the sport isn't bad attitude.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

It is semantics. 'Bad attitude' isn't clearly defined and 'arrogance' could quite well be the definition of the former. The two terms aren't mutually exclusive.

Fair enough but I'm not having that Sturridge has the worst attitude in the Premier League because he hasn't. There are plenty worse than him. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'll give you the former but not being passionate about the sport isn't bad attitude.

Playing for QPR under Redknapp is also a strong indicator.

Sakho would sort of be up there for me. On the pitch, I think he's got a great attitude... but it's his attitude towards training and the other stuff behind the scenes that make his attitude questionable. He didn't tell the club about the fat burning pills he took and was subsequently banned for - although I still think the club ought to sue UEFA for the false positive as that ban was pretty rough on us. But rather than accept that he should have at least told the club and work hard to show his manager he deserved his spot in the side, he instead assumed that everything would be as it was at Liverpool and that he wouldn't have to take pre-season too seriously. Then we've got reports of him being constantly late to training and fucking around to the point where Klopp didn't want anything to do with him anymore.

I'd also say Saido Berahino... but I'm not sure how much of his fallout with Pullis was down to him and how much of it was down to Pullis being a complete and utter cunt, which is his personality.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sakho would sort of be up there for me. On the pitch, I think he's got a great attitude... but it's his attitude towards training and the other stuff behind the scenes that make his attitude questionable. He didn't tell the club about the fat burning pills he took and was subsequently banned for - although I still think the club ought to sue UEFA for the false positive as that ban was pretty rough on us. But rather than accept that he should have at least told the club and work hard to show his manager he deserved his spot in the side, he instead assumed that everything would be as it was at Liverpool and that he wouldn't have to take pre-season too seriously. Then we've got reports of him being constantly late to training and fucking around to the point where Klopp didn't want anything to do with him anymore.

I'd also say Saido Berahino... but I'm not sure how much of his fallout with Pullis was down to him and how much of it was down to Pullis being a complete and utter cunt, which is his personality.

100 percent yes, thinks he's league above his actual talent. Hasn't even scored for us.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Just talking to a mate about this and Arnautovic surely has to be up there?

Possibly not the worst but he strikes me as one player not to be around or not want to have him in your team if it's not going well on the pitch. Always seems to sulk in some way. 

I am not totally sure how you are defining " a  bad attitude "  but  players refusing to play in a game for whatever reason is top of the list for me.  

Tevez remaining on the bench agaisnt Bayern Munich.

Berbatov refusing to come on as a sub agaisnt Newcastle in 2007.

Sterling saying he was too sick to go on a pre-season tour because he wanted a transfer to City.

Schoels refusing to play in a League Cup match agaisnt Arsenal because he was not picked to play the previous game agaisnt Liverpool. 

Rooney threatening to sign with City if his contract was not renegotiated is another sore spot with me.

But what about players who refuse to play if they are not 100% healthy?  Sturridge and Saha come to mind.

There are players that are nasty pieces of work and play that way, somebody mentioned Roy Keane and Jamie Vardy.    But back when I was kid they just called them hard men.  Nobby Stiles, Chopper Harris and Johnny Giles to name a few.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I am not totally sure how you are defining " a  bad attitude "  but  players refusing to play in a game for whatever reason is top of the list for me.  

yeah that would count. I think by attitude I meant not giving their all in the bad times as when they would when the team is playing well. More on the pitch than off it. When they show laziness and don't commit 100% to the game. 

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Sturridge wreaks of arrogance, it's embarrassing when you compare him to someone such as Suarez who was one of your hardest working players from what I saw in recent times. It's nothing personal towards him either as I really wish he could excel for England but someone like Danny Welbeck who is probably not as good, shows him up because he contributes more.

I also think Jamie Carragher (I don't agree with a lot he says) was right when he said that when Sturridge plays, it's like having 10 men on the pitch for you. Yes he can score goals and he does have quality but when he's not in the mood he is a passenger for the team and he would be the type of player that would infuriate me. And I think there were clearly times last year he infuriated Klopp. If he doesn't score, what does he do?

I get what Mad Lad is saying in that he thinks there are worse culprits but I think it's even more of a crime when you are blessed with such talent and could clearly be a very high class level of player contributing more that when he display's that lack of desire, ability to hide and little will to win, it's even more of a let down than someone less talented than him. Anyway, that's my view, there to be agreed/disagreed with.

Moving on, I also agree with the Berahino shout. Let himself down the moment he embarrassed himself, tweeting publicly about not being allowed to go to Spurs and never got over it. His reputation will taint him for the rest of his career now.

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd say his injury situation is letting the club down, unlike some other players (for example Henderson) he refuses to play if he has even a slight niggle, he is a wuss who won't sacrifice a little bit of pain for the good of the team.

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given everyone at our club has only had nice things to say about Sakho I think that's a harsh shout.

Berahino on the other hand is a good call.

Sakho has form for this type of thing. Under Rodgers he walked out of the stadium after being named on the bench. 

I honestly don't think Klopp would totally banish Sakho for the good of his health. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sakho has form for this type of thing. Under Rodgers he walked out of the stadium after being named on the bench. 

I swear one of our players did that once but I might just be mixing it up with this, or Tevez or Berbatov.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I swear one of our players did that once but I might just be mixing it up with this, or Tevez or Berbatov.

Sakho did it in a Merseyside Derby so it got loads of exposer. Was told he was on the bench so just got up and left. 

And some people think Sturridge has a worse attitude than that o.O

Away from the PL, Michael McIndoe would give El-Hadji Diouf a run for his money. Worked his way up the leagues to play a big part in over achieving playoff semi finalists Wolves, and then playoff finalists Bristol City, but was at both clubs for a significantly short time. Both Mick McCarthy and Gary Johnson said this was down to signing on fees. Instead of progressing to being a mid table Premiership player he went to Coventry, before eventually ending up at Northampton after being black balled by almost every football league manager because of his attitude.

The last i heard of him he scammed footballers out of thousands of pounds and went awol. I think it was either a betting scam or to do with real estate. Either way the incident clearly summed up his character.

Another one that's gone under the radar in this thread - Marlon King.

Archived