football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png         VS       155.png

Last 3 Meetings
16/03/2022 - Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool
20/01/2022 - Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool
13/01/2022 - Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal (EFL Cup)

Recent Form
Arsenal - WWWWL
Liverpool - WDWLD

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If Klopp starts a midfield without Fab and Thiago this will be over before the end of the first half. Having that much load on the defense with no shield ahead of it or control in the mid is going to make this easy for Arsenal. 

• Subscriber

Big game for Arsenal. They've been brilliant but if they lose this on top of the Man Utd game a lot of the same old Arsenal accusations will be hanging over them.

Liverpool could easily get a result. They've been poor this season but still never too far away from a crushing performance on their day.

Big game for Arsenal, not so big in that their season depends on it, but big enough to know that they should be winning this and if they don't then it's a second game lost against top opposition (outside of a derby).

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I suspect we'll get torn apart tbh

I doubt it to be honest. If we win it'll be a narrow one but a score draw is probably more likely. A Liverpool win wouldn't be a massive surprise either. The quality is there and it's just a matter of time that things come together for Liverpool.

5 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I still think you have quality. Like I said we go in as favourites for the first time in a long time but I still wouldn't be surprised if you did get something out of the game 

55 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I doubt it to be honest. If we win it'll be a narrow one but a score draw is probably more likely. A Liverpool win wouldn't be a massive surprise either. The quality is there and it's just a matter of time that things come together for Liverpool.

We have quality but we are also so out of form and our defending in the league has been absolutely terrible. I think if you get an early goal, which lots of teams that are worse than you have gotten against us in the league, we’ll probably lose our heads.

No offense to Rangers, but you’re miles ahead of them… so our little boost in form in the CL doesn’t mean a whole lot to me when I think about this match.

7 hours ago, 6666 said:

I wouldn't agree with that personally. I think we go in as favourites. However like I said to @Dr. Gonzo I still think liverpool have quality and I wouldn't be surprised if liverpool got a draw. I do fancy us to win though 

We really have to win this. Not because the 3 points are important, but because we need to prove to ourselves that we can beat the top teams. Liverpool at the moment are there for the taking. If we lose against this Liverpool, at home, that's gonna stay with us the next time we play a top club.

Arsenal might be the slight favourites because of their form this season, but really anything can happen in this game and any side can win. Both teams are packed with quality and so it should be a close encounter. Liverpool have won the last 4 Premier League matches against Arsenal, so they have dominated this fixture in recent seasons. But Arsenal's impressive form this season should give them some confidence going into this very tough fixture.

I feel like Liverpool need a fixture like this to get them going again.

As daft as it sounds, I feel like this one or the City game next week is going to really spark them into life again.

They simply wont continue this patchy form, it will click in the end. They definitely shouldnt be taken lightly today abd I'm very surprised at how many have tipped them for defeat.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

As daft as it sounds, I feel like this one or the City game next week is going to really spark them into life again.

They simply wont continue this patchy form, it will click in the end. They definitely shouldnt be taken lightly today abd I'm very surprised at how many have tipped them for defeat.

My sentiments as well. Something has to give sometime and the opportunity to shut up this Arsenal side is bound to be a very good motivator for our side. I am going for a 1-2 away win. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

My sentiments as well. Something has to give sometime and the opportunity to shut up this Arsenal side is bound to be a very good motivator for our side. I am going for a 1-2 away win. 

Think Haalands going to get 4 next week just because Liverpool fans mocked him, he was excited for the Derby (3 goals, 2 assists) what's he going to do when he's mad for it? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

This is what I mean, this is going to likely be a very close affair. Arsenal are the form team, but that doesn't mean too much in a match like this where both sides are loaded with top class players. I would personally like to see Arsenal win or at least draw, as I want them to maintain the pressure at the top of the table. However, Liverpool are a very strong side, who've dominated the meetings between these two teams in recent years. 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool - Sunday 9th October, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived