talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool - Sunday 9th October, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber

If you watch the replay, he says something to Gabriel and then Xhaka goes to bust it up and Henderson says something to Xhaka and the look on Xhaka's face says that it's not something good. Hard to believe he said it really but if he did then there will be some serious repercussions. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Jordan Henderson being investigated by the FA after his fight with Gabriel & Xhaka. 
Both Klopp and Arteta have been told ‘not to speak about it’. 

Rumors Henderson made a comment about Partey. 

going off what the sanctimonious mackems have to say on their ready to blowme forum you would think a Sunderland boy is to righteous to spew racism.   

• The topic was unpinned

As a neutral looking at Klopp, seems his natural aura of confidence has deserted him.

Now whether that is because of his team's performances or whether his team perforances are down to the manager I can't say.

Liverpool are certainly going through a tricky spell.

Don't see Arsenal in the top two come the end of season yet think they will make top 4.

continuity is a valuable asset and can forge a togetherness but the window is normally 3-4 years before you need to refresh the system and bring in newer/fresher players to reset the process.   The mental impact of last season took a lot out of the team that they were destined to regress but for many the same intensity is not there and I think Liverpool needed to sell a few of the players and go with a new younger team. 

Virgil Van Dijk needs to step up in the face of adversity.

He's obviously a great defender but I think he's got to take some responsibility in the way the defence has capitulated.

He's definitely not performing like one of the best centre backs in the world at the moment. Trent's been horrendous but he can't be the scapegoat all the time.

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

going off what the sanctimonious mackems have to say on their ready to blowme forum you would think a Sunderland boy is to righteous to spew racism.   

I don't get that impression on him tbh, although I didn't get that impression on Terry. 

The fact Klopp and Arteta were ordered not to speak about it gives me the impression its about Partey and his allegations. 

• Administrator

Just seen the Gabriel handball shout. Should have been a penalty. Arm is up in an unnatural position and there's been handballs given for less elsewhere. Arsenal lucky to get away with that one. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Just seen the Gabriel handball shout. Should have been a penalty. Arm is up in an unnatural position and there's been handballs given for less elsewhere. Arsenal lucky to get away with that one. 

I think they thought the players were too close for the handball to be intentional. Wouldn't have been surprised if it was given but the logic behind it not being given is understandable imo.

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

Jordan Henderson being investigated by the FA after his fight with Gabriel & Xhaka. 
Both Klopp and Arteta have been told ‘not to speak about it’. 

Rumors Henderson made a comment about Partey. 

Obviously we can't hear what was said and nobody's come out and said anything from either side but obviously it was something. Firmino didn't look too comfortable here... although this is right after Henderson said whatever he initially said and it is just a single frame.

Not gonna say he said anything specific but it's fair to say Henderson lost his head.

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Obviously we can't hear what was said and nobody's come out and said anything from either side but obviously it was something. Firmino didn't look too comfortable here... although this is right after Henderson said whatever he initially said and it is just a single frame.

Not gonna say he said anything specific but it's fair to say Henderson lost his head.

Also Alisson and Thiago's reactions weren't too great.

I'm hoping he just said something about Partey and there's no point in speculating what was said until we know the results of the investigation. But my guess is he's said something bad and not about Partey.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Like you say, single frame and it's a split second of a moment to be fair. 

We'd all love to know what was said and only the players will know and it'll probably stay like that. 

We can all speculate, but how the rumours even start it was 'about Partey' god only knows. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Like you say, single frame and it's a split second of a moment to be fair. 

We'd all love to know what was said and only the players will know and it'll probably stay like that. 

We can all speculate, but how the rumours even start it was 'about Partey' god only knows. 

Possibly due to the fact Klopp and Arteta were instructed not to speak about it. This gives the impression its an ongoing alleged investigation by police vs racial allegations. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Possibly due to the fact Klopp and Arteta were instructed not to speak about it. This gives the impression its an ongoing alleged investigation by police vs racial allegations. 

Could also be that its some protocol by the FA to ensure that the managers don't add fuel to the fire till the investigation is complete and everyone involved is talked to. These things can get wildly out of hand if everyone goes and talks about it because you know that right after the game the press would have been waiting to ask the question. I wouldn't be surprised if Partey wasn't even a topic of the discussion just based on how the Brazil lads reacted when they walked away from the incident and the match. 

Really hope that Henderson hasn’t said something racist, but our player’s reaction to it isn’t good. I’m not going to be crying a river if he has made a comment about Partey’s allegations. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's still wild speculation. 

Could have been anything, including personal abuse about someone's private life.It does look like he said something and went too far but I would doubt it's racial, if it was racial, the specific allegations would be all over the back pages.

12 hours ago, Stan said:

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I'd be absolutely amazed if Henderson has said anything racist to be honest.

With racism and Kick It Out being so hot topic, if it were racism, it would be all over the back pages (possibly the front) with everything he was alleged to have said, with constant interviews on football TV and a lot of attention drawn to it also as he is a fairly prominent England player.

There's no way it would be left so vague or that it would be swept under the rug if it were that.

He's probably made an abusive comment about a player's private life or something or maybe at worst, something that could be considered xenophobic.

Archived