talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stuttgart sack Matarazzo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more serious note I'm bummed about this.  I'm not sure what he was supposed to do considering the club has done nothing to improve their squad over the past couple seasons and all the while selling their assets.  They're behaving like a lower tier 2. Bundesliga club when they have the resources and the fan base to push for top half of the Bundesliga.

• The title was changed to Stuttgart sack Matarazzo - Löw set to take over
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I only read the headline and thought they were talking about Jogi. xD

I only read the thread title and thought you were talking about Jogi xD

• Subscriber
On 11/10/2022 at 03:29, Tommy said:

I only read the headline and thought they were talking about Jogi. xD

Thomas Tuchel's former assistant Zsolt Löw is apparently set to take over. 

At least im not the only one that thought this xD

• The title was changed to Stuttgart sack Matarazzo
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

If that's true the new manager aleady has the issue to be considered second choice. Not the best pre-condition to gain authority, in my honest opinion.

Or they may just have had disagreements with Stuttgart about a whole host of things - finances, strategy, vision, transfer funds etc.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or they may just have had disagreements with Stuttgart about a whole host of things - finances, strategy, vision, transfer funds etc.

I believe he meant that the next new manager will know that he was not the first choice for Stuttgart because they approached someone else first, but were rejected (regardless for what reason). Sort of like being kept on the back burner in case the better option doesn't work out...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I believe he meant that the next new manager will know that he was not the first choice for Stuttgart because they approached someone else first, but were rejected (regardless for what reason). Sort of like being kept on the back burner in case the better option doesn't work out...

@Rucksackfranzose Fair enough if so!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple spirited performances now by Stuttgart and they're already talking about making Wimmer permanent.  I hope the club aren't so short-sighted as to put him in charge permanently after a couple of wins.  Get through the Qatar Cup break and see where things lie.  No disrespect to Wimmer but quick appointments rarely work out when a club is battling relegation.  See Bielefeld, Schalke, Bochum, etc.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Coma said:

A couple spirited performances now by Stuttgart and they're already talking about making Wimmer permanent.  I hope the club aren't so short-sighted as to put him in charge permanently after a couple of wins.  Get through the Qatar Cup break and see where things lie.  No disrespect to Wimmer but quick appointments rarely work out when a club is battling relegation.  See Bielefeld, Schalke, Bochum, etc.

Yeah, add us to the list, too. We had three interim coaches from our own ranks three times in a row in recent years, gave them permanent contracts shortly after their debut, and it got worse with each succession xD 

Archived