talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things that grind my gears - Fußball edition

football forum

Name your irrational prejudices, dislikes, pet peeves, or general annoyances within German football.  This thread is meant to be all in good fun. 

To set the tone I'll start:

Leon Goretzka - shave it off.  You look like a complete clown.  I didn't realize Cosmo Kramer played for Bayern.

Hamburg - pick a fucking color.  Your home kits are a combination of white, black, blue, red, navy, and whatever else.  It's ridiculous.

Playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" before matches - it's lame and unoriginal.  I have a lot more respect for Bochum's 80's theme song because it's uniquely theirs.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

Who then sell those shirts on ebay for stupid amounts of money. 

I agree.

I'm mega rich now, but I don't like how it came to be.

:ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

What if it is a kid? I feel like it's fine when they are like 10 but I agree, it's a little strange.

From what I've heard, it's often their parents who force them to do it. 

To sell the shirt on ebay. Probably not always the case, but often. 

Just now, Tommy said:

From what I've heard, it's often their parents who force them to do it. 

To sell the shirt on ebay. Probably not always the case, but often. 

Maybe, I wouldn’t know because I wouldn’t fathom to use my child like that. Bizarre if true, I would think making a special memory outweighs minor profits on eBay.

Also, I don't know if it grinds my gears. But I always get confused between Paderborn, Darmstadt and Braunschweig. They're all the same to me. They all had Lieberknecht at some point, or maybe not. They all have played in the Bundesliga for some time, I think?  But they definitely have a small stadium in the middle of nowhere. 

I know this has been hit on before, but reserve teams in the football pyramid.  Give them their own reserve team league... they're taking up valuable slots that smaller clubs should be entitled to.

And while we're on that topic, why does the DFB Youtube channel only feature matches by Dortmund II and Freiburg II in their 3. Liga match of the week?  It's not a good advertisement for the league.  I want to see the traditional clubs battling it out, not the reserve teams going through the motions.

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Augsburg. Would anyone notice if they didn't exist? Literally if they disappeared tomorrow it would take a month before anyone noticed there was only 17 teams in the league, and a royal commission before we figured out who was missing.  

I too have an irrational dislike for Augsburg.  The city seems fine, I might even visit one day.  But something about that club puts me off.

40 minutes ago, Coma said:

I know this has been hit on before, but reserve teams in the football pyramid.  Give them their own reserve team league... they're taking up valuable slots that smaller clubs should be entitled to.

And while we're on that topic, why does the DFB Youtube channel only feature matches by Dortmund II and Freiburg II in their 3. Liga match of the week?  It's not a good advertisement for the league.  I want to see the traditional clubs battling it out, not the reserve teams going through the motions.

That's because they want to sell internationally. I don't expect a non-German to know 1860, Duisburg, Waldhof, Essen, Halle, Zwickau, Ingolstadt, Dresden, and us are all former first tier clubs.

Aunt Edith: Aue as well.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That's because they want to sell internationally. I don't expect a non-German to know 1860, Duisburg, Waldhof, Essen, Halle, Zwickau, Ingolstadt, Dresden, and us are all former first tier clubs.

Aunt Edith: Aue as well.

Me and @Coma:

5ztb2m.jpg?a462480 

Der Klassiker.  Manufactured drama for the world audience.  I hate the name and I hate the coverage.  I was listening to Manu Veth on his podcast this morning and he commented on how the atmosphere for this match is nothing compared to say a Nord or Ruhr Derby.

53 minutes ago, Coma said:

Der Klassiker.  Manufactured drama for the world audience.  I hate the name and I hate the coverage.  I was listening to Manu Veth on his podcast this morning and he commented on how the atmosphere for this match is nothing compared to say a Nord or Ruhr Derby.

But the rule is the best 2 teams HAVE to have a 'rivalry'... for the revenue ya know? 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But the rule is the best 2 teams HAVE to have a 'rivalry'... for the revenue ya know? 

II get your point but most of us know that BVB aren't the 2nd best club, regardless of what the media might say.  They spend like it, but they don't behave like it.  

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Coma said:

II get your point but most of us know that BVB aren't the 2nd best club, regardless of what the media might say.  They spend like it, but they don't behave like it.  

Who is the 2nd best, just out of interest, in your opinion?

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Who is the 2nd best, just out of interest, in your opinion?

I think it's the club that scored the second-most goals so far this season. Totally unbiased view here.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Coma said:

Its always been dumb. There usually good matches to watch but yeah everything around it makes me cringe fam, no kap as the kids say.

Archived